Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #56881
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammel View Post
I have a question, do any of you have a Manracks Rubicon rack and use the Giant Loop coyote bag and if so do you have pics to show the set up. I also would like some input/suggestion and pics of course of Renazco seats, full vinyl, vinyl suede, full suede, colors, as i have a scheduled seat build in two weeks with James.
TIA

I've got two Renazco seats for the XRL.
This one is suede with leather sides and is +1" taller.

The other XRL seat is suede top with vinyl sides. This one was bought used.

Then there is the suede and leather +1" on the KTM 625 SMC and the two for the BMW R100gs. Dual and solo, suede and leather, +1".

See a pattern here?

Eat yer hearts out.

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:42 AM   #56882
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,189
You freekin tease

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:59 AM   #56883
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,865
I call the Renazco seat the Couch. It's like an all day sucker. Home of the happy ass.

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:59 AM   #56884
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,959
Battery update

Over the winter I was having a dead battery issue, it would die if i didnt ride it once every few days..Had an aha moment the other day and realized I was a moron.. I have one of the burns moto usb plugs. http://burnsmoto.com/usb-power-socket-weatherproof.php . They have a power draw even if nothing is plugged in. I was aware of that but forgot that last year sometime I had rewired it from on with the key to always on...Guess this is what happens when you get old.. Moral of the story is you may want to have switched power if you hook up a usb plort on your bike
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:19 AM   #56885
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
Over the winter I was having a dead battery issue, it would die if i didnt ride it once every few days..Had an aha moment the other day and realized I was a moron.. I have one of the burns moto usb plugs. http://burnsmoto.com/usb-power-socket-weatherproof.php . They have a power draw even if nothing is plugged in. I was aware of that but forgot that last year sometime I had rewired it from on with the key to always on...Guess this is what happens when you get old.. Moral of the story is you may want to have switched power if you hook up a usb plort on your bike
Agreed

I fitted one recently - drains the shorai in 3 days.

Needs switching power.
rmhrc628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:08 AM   #56886
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,339
Quote:
Is there a way to test for power draw... other than simply letting the battery die? I may need to rethink the power port (not a USB) that I have wired straight to my battery.
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:17 AM   #56887
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
If I was going 2-up it'd be on a GS-like bike.

That's the stock tire on the XRR. I found that bike BRAND NEW 10 years old. Bridgestone I guess?

RZ Rob
I was afraid of that. Sure would be great to have the XRL to run around the awesome dirt roads in Ecuador & Colombia. But it's a no-go if she's not comfy on the back. If we consider the XRLs to be heavy pigs, imagine how challenging it would be to manipulate a GS or similar in tight quarters. Maybe having a second person along would help make up for that somewhat.

That was a great find on that XRR! Do you still ride it? How do / did you find the performance compares to the XRL?

Ecuador:

Those dirt roads look a lot steeper in peson than they do in my photos. I can't describe how intensely I longed to have my XRL there to tear up those roads.

So, Steve, the Renazco "couch" you're so enamored with - what does that do for passenger comfort?
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:25 AM   #56888
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
Is there a way to test for power draw... other than simply letting the battery die? I may need to rethink the power port (not a USB) that I have wired straight to my battery.
Yes, and it's very easy. Pull the negative lead off the battery and insert a DMM between the battery post and the disconnected lead. Read any current that may be flowing.

Set up the instrument to measure current. It's usually different posts than Volt/Ohm. Start at the largest scale and work down. Put the leads back to Volt/Ohm when you're done lest you forget it's set up for current and proceed to measure a voltage.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:36 AM   #56889
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Quote:
ONANDOFF covered a way to test. So Im just going to touch on the power port. A usb has electronics in it to convert to the 5vdc. I simple power socket aka cigarette lighter is just a connector, no electronics to cause a draw so u will be fine with that
Old 03-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #56890
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barron View Post
I was going to go with the black suede center and red vinyl on the sides, but my bike spends a lot of time out side so I decided to go with all vinyl (black center red sides).

-Barron
I wish I had gone with suede.
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #56891
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,339
Quote:
ONANDOFF covered a way to test. So Im just going to touch on the power port. A usb has electronics in it to convert to the 5vdc. I simple power socket aka cigarette lighter is just a connector, no electronics to cause a draw so u will be fine with that
That's what I was after... Didn't ask the right question. Thanks both of you. I am electrically challenged
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #56892
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
That was a great find on that XRR! Do you still ride it? How do / did you find the performance compares to the XRL?
Sold it to help pay for the Ex-wife . Bike was fun, but hard to justify when you've got the CRF to cover one base and the XRL to address the other.

RZ Rob
RZRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #56893
OldtimerTC
XR650L

Oddometer: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post

Thanks Steve ! You da Man !
Member COHVO
OldtimerTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #56894
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,189
Quote:
Yup..unhook one of the wires and put a 12v test light between it and the battery...if it draws constantly your test light will stay lit..

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #56895
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

thats how I do it