Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #57586
boyfester
Urban Explorer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishslapr View Post
hey there! Picking up a 2003 XRL tonite, from fellow inmate Boyfester. Have not been on a dirt bike since '90. We will soon see if my fat azz can still hang!! Looks like I have a few months read in front of me to get thru this thread...

My other bike is a 2011 Victory Crossroads...

looking forward to conversing with you all!
Have fun with the XR! Thanks for the easy sale and transfer!
boyfester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #57587
gammel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
mcma111 and ford99 as a certified Ford nut, I approve these engines. Although I am a f. e. Big block fan. I would also like to see the engines in the vehicles as well:)
Old 04-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #57588
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammel View Post
mcma111 and ford99 as a certified Ford nut, I approve these engines. Although I am a f. e. Big block fan. I would also like to see the engines in the vehicles as well:)
I love the FE motors, but I really love my modified 7.3 Powerstroke!
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #57589
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,211
Steve is that a Performer with a 3310 Holley on top? Trying to guess. Been ages since I messed with those, but that one looks tidy.

RZ Rob
RZRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #57590
coffman300
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
Me 3. I like the workmanship.

RZ Rob
its a china brand i dont know the brand it comes in a plain brown box with no info.if you take it apart it looks the same as some of the name brands. that why i can get them cheaper than the name brands.if you look at some of the name brands they will cost 300-400 for the same size light.and i made the brackets by hand but if i get enough people that would like them i have already talked to a place that will stamp them out for a price thats not to bad.
coffman300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #57591
coffman300
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjsgptx View Post
Where did you get the bracket and light?? This may be the way i wanna go.

Chris
i made the bracket.and we have a customer that comes in the shop and i buy the lights from him.i can get more and i will make more bracket for a small fee and powder coat them in any color.

we go on 150 mile night rides all on dirt and after having this light i wouldnt go without.
coffman300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #57592
ford99_1979
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammel View Post
Thanks all comments on the motor. Steve that is a nice motor as well.

It was built by Fordstrokers in Chicago area. Scat rotating assembly, custom cam, trick flow FAC 190cc heads with trick flow intake. Comp gold rockers, headers larger acufab throttle body, MAF sensor and sct tuned, magnaflow cats, MAC exhaust. It resides in a 1996 explorer limited with 5" lift 33" duratracs. One of be best mods was I swapped a Borg Warner transfer case from a 1997 F150 so instead of AWD it now has manual shift transfer case for true 4x4. It sounds great, pretty fast for what it is and it's just a fun daily driver. The 650L will be fun too and save me some money on gas. The truck gets about 13mpg on 91 oct gas the way I drive.

Notice the transfer case shifter. It looks factory, and it is (F150) but never in a 5.0L v8 exploder.

Appologize for getting off topic.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #57593
chipbl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford99_1979 View Post
Thanks all comments on the motor. Steve that is a nice motor as well.

It was built by Fordstrokers in Chicago area. Scat rotating assembly, custom cam, trick flow FAC 190cc heads with trick flow intake. Comp gold rockers, headers larger acufab throttle body, MAF sensor and sct tuned, magnaflow cats, MAC exhaust. It resides in a 1996 explorer limited with 5" lift 33" duratracs. One of be best mods was I swapped a Borg Warner transfer case from a 1997 F150 so instead of AWD it now has manual shift transfer case for true 4x4. It sounds great, pretty fast for what it is and it's just a fun daily driver. The 650L will be fun too and save me some money on gas. The truck gets about 13mpg on 91 oct gas the way I drive.

Notice the transfer case shifter. It looks factory, and it is (F150) but never in a 5.0L v8 exploder.

Appologize for getting off topic.
Awesome carpet in your XRL!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #57594
ford99_1979
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco250 View Post
Show us the rest of the truck Steve with motor installed.
Ya lets see it. Round headlights is Pre 1979 full size. Sweet!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #57595
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,299
Good lord... Ritalin for everyone!
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #57596
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,299
Have we been on a Phillips head hating binge for a bit? Those damned screws SUCK! Went to bleed my brakes tonight and ended up having to drill one of the master cylinder cover screws out. I guess I should keep a bag of the damned things in the tool box. They are disposable... One use and done! At least I got to use the hammer tonight... impact driver
What adds insult to injury is that I intentionally did not overtighten the screws the last time I had the cover off so I wouldnt ruin them getting them back out! Self tightening screws!

Oh... something new happened this evening. Rolling down the interstate, on my way to a meeting after work (NOT one of those meetings!! I aint a quiter!) minding my own business (taking it easy after seeing a crotch rocket stuffed under the back of a VW at a stop light). About 15 minutes in, rolling along at 65... My sidestand light lit up! WTF? I looked down and sure enough, the kickstand was about 3/4 down. Really bizarre. I have never had it come down on a rough trail, but it comes down on a smooth blacktop run????? Bad bike juju today
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #57597
fishslapr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyfester View Post
Have fun with the XR! Thanks for the easy sale and transfer!
youbetcha buddy! you made it easy as well! Talk to ya when I get back from AZ...
fishslapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #57598
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
Have we been on a Phillips head hating binge for a bit? Those damned screws SUCK! Went to bleed my brakes tonight and ended up having to drill one of the master cylinder cover screws out. I guess I should keep a bag of the damned things in the tool box. They are disposable... One use and done! At least I got to use the hammer tonight... impact driver
What adds insult to injury is that I intentionally did not overtighten the screws the last time I had the cover off so I wouldnt ruin them getting them back out! Self tightening screws!

Oh... something new happened this evening. Rolling down the interstate, on my way to a meeting after work (NOT one of those meetings!! I aint a quiter!) minding my own business (taking it easy after seeing a crotch rocket stuffed under the back of a VW at a stop light). About 15 minutes in, rolling along at 65... My sidestand light lit up! WTF? I looked down and sure enough, the kickstand was about 3/4 down. Really bizarre. I have never had it come down on a rough trail, but it comes down on a smooth blacktop run????? Bad bike juju today

I had a van come into my lane and pass me with about 6" clearance.. yeah I think it was one of those days
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #57599
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,365
Me want CW roller rockers!!! Steve sent me a picture of them and I got excited. Kinda like C-dub does when somebody posts up some scantly clad hottie
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #57600
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,211
Speed Wobbles Above 65MPH

So my old XR650L developed speed wobbles above 65MPH, but I think swapping the tires cured it. Now my new one does the same thing. It's nerve racking because the bike wants to go faster, but it starts to wallow and get wobbly like it's going to pitch me off it. What the heck is that?

RZ Rob
RZRob is offline   Reply With Quote