Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #57991
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1 View Post
You might also want to consider some side racks like these. I got mine on ebay when I bought some.
Those racks came on my bike when I bought it. They would probably work well with a giant loop bag.
One thing though. I now believe what caused my right sub frame to bend upwards was a 25 mph low side on that side of the bike. When the bike hit the pavement it tweaked the rack and subsequently the sub frame too. The mounting points on the racks were tweaked enough to make it a BITCH to R&R. Of course the sub frame mounting hole being about 3/4 of an inch higher than its supposed to be didn't help matters. I gave them to the buyer of the 08.
I'm not bad mouthing the racks or saying my sub frame shouldn't bend. I'm sure any rack attached to the sub frame will tweak the frame in an accident.

I just had the rear of the bike apart yesterday. I took a 12Lb sledge and a block of wood to the sub frame. Looks like new!

bwalsh screwed with this post 04-27-2013 at 10:44 AM
bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #57992
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
KLRS riders are so cheap I don't think any chicks would date them.
Maybe the milk mans daughter...but she would probably be scheming to get the milk crate back.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #57993
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,440
Great Cover Bands

Sorry, I know this isn't XRL related, but saw a great coverband last night and wanted to tell my friends. If you like AC/DC, go see Back in Black. They faithfully cover Bon & Brian. They're from Texas, but are playing So Cal, and will be on AXS TV live from the Roxy Monday night along with another smokin' cover True-to-Crue.

http://www.backinblack.info/

RZ Rob

RZRob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #57994
Lime
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockPointer View Post
Two down, two tires down on the road.
Throw out the little finger also and you are throwing the shocker. Look it up.
Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #57995
GlockPointer
NachosRiflesAlchohol

Oddometer: 380
Why don't you just tell me.
GlockPointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #57996
flyingwombat
frozen dead guy

Oddometer: 756
Cyclewizard engine break-in complete

HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU......

With the Mikuni HSR45, I'm on a 20 pilot jet and 145 main and still way too rich (I'm getting an AFR of 10:1 when I'm on the main jet) and that thing hauls ass. I'm at 8500' elevation, using the OEM paper air filter and Cyclewizard modified OEM muffler. Now I'm going to start playing with air filters and mufflers, maybe drop the needle a bit.

Cyclewizard, you built an awesome motor, thanks.

That NX 5th gear is nice and tall, feels like I could go 205. I think I'll go to a 48T rear sprocket and have nice low gearing for technical stuff.

Wow I'm still amped up from that ride and knowing that it's going to be faster when it's tuned right.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #57997
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,439
I think my cdi took a crap. easiest way to test it.. I tried beating it with a rock on the side of the road but it wouldnt do more then give one fire. symptoms prior to it dying was intermittent miss getting progressively worse until i just died

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #57998
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post

PS: The tank bag I mentioned is not waterproof but you can stuff a lot gear in one. It probably won't work too well(if at all) on a tank with a recessed cap like a 5.8 Acerbis.
Needs to be secured at the bottom. And it does fit around the filler. I Used the small bungees for a while and it held in position for adv riding at least. U also had a bike rail bag from performance that I used as a tank bag. I had to make hook and loop straps to secure it. Ill take a pic of my ingenuity when I return from San Felipe.

I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #57999
boboneleg
we can rebuild him.

Oddometer: 792
So I managed to get a bit more done to my XRL today, first of all I needed to get the swinging arm/shock back in......

with that done I tried to fit some new footpegs but only managed one as I couldn't get the pin out of the other one no matter how hard I hit it

so I fitted a new FMF silencer..........

and a new air-filter......

and some new 'fold-in' mirrors......

There are still a few jobs to do before I can take it for an MOT but they'll have to wait until next week now.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #58000
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockPointer View Post
Why don't you just show me.
Fixed.
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #58001
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,553
JETS JETS JETS!!!

Anyone have some stock jets (in good shape) they don't need anymore? I need 50 pilot, 152 main

I can throw some money your way if need be, or trade some larger jets. (55 pilot, 158 or 162 main)
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #58002
alvincullumyork
I wish I was cool

Oddometer: 1,472
My high beam doesn't work so I pulled the head light out today to try and swap in a new one and discovered that both filaments are still intact. This leads me to believe that I have a wiring issue. Got any advice for places to start looking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon View Post
JETS JETS JETS!!!

Anyone have some stock jets (in good shape) they don't need anymore? I need 50 pilot, 152 main

I can throw some money your way if need be, or trade some larger jets. (55 pilot, 158 or 162 main)
I think I might have mine around somewhere. I'll ask my brother. What do you need them for?
alvincullumyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #58003
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
Needs to be secured at the bottom. And it does fit around the filler. I Used the small bungees for a while and it held in position for adv riding at least. U also had a bike rail bag from performance that I used as a tank bag. I had to make hook and loop straps to secure it. Ill take a pic of my ingenuity when I return from San Felipe.
Sure it will fit but what I was getting at was it will most likely be something you'll have to screw with when filling up, every time. Its designed to fit around the filler and hang down the sides of the tank. On the 5.8 with a raised lip around the gas cap, the lip will be forcing it up when the gas cap is off.
No problem...more of an annoyance.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #58004
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvincullumyork View Post
My high beam doesn't work so I pulled the head light out today to try and swap in a new one and discovered that both filaments are still intact. This leads me to believe that I have a wiring issue. Got any advice for places to start looking?

I think I might have mine around somewhere. I'll ask my brother. What do you need them for?
Mine is running a bit rich, even with 52/155 jets in it, so I'd like to go back to stock and give it a try. I think I still have my 50 pilot (was clogged, but can clean it out) but I don't have a 152 main.

As far as your headlight goes, sometimes the filament can look okay but still be bad. If you have one of those light-up wire testers you can clip it to a ground and check the connection at the bulb to see if it's getting power on high beam. Or just pick up a new bulb and give it a try.
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #58005
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

I'm selling my Moose Expedition rack.

$120obo shipped!

I have PayPal but would rather not dick around with them/that. I sold a windscreen to beechum1 awhile back and he actually preferred to use a postal money order. Hes not too fond of pay pal too. Works for me! I got my cash and he got the windscreen.
If you have any doubts about my trustworthiness maybe Jeremy can vouch for me...that is if hes not too busy in San Felipe.