Old 04-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #58111
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post

Add to list: Cam chain inspection.

Just ride the bike, Fritz!
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #58112
ltcole
Herpetologist

Oddometer: 85
Chain guide problems!!!!

So, I am out in the middle of nowhere right now and am short on money....... That being said, I snapped my chain guide off and had it make it all the way around the sprocket and lodge against the frame.

My questions are, can I ride it without the guide without doing damage to anything else on the bike? Is it safe to ride without it on there? Anyone recommend a good replacement?

Thank you all in advance.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #58113
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
I slotted my cam sprocket. Found a happy spot at 3 degrees retarded.
Only three degrees?

Just kidding
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
Old 04-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #58114
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
I gotta go back to 15/48 gearing i think...bottom end is NOT lacking here
Poor new MT21 took a beating..
That sounds promising, Brian! Well, not the part about replacing tires every week...
Old 04-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #58115
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcole View Post
So, I am out in the middle of nowhere right now and am short on money....... That being said, I snapped my chain guide off and had it make it all the way around the sprocket and lodge against the frame.

My questions are, can I ride it without the guide without doing damage to anything else on the bike? Is it safe to ride without it on there? Anyone recommend a good replacement?

Rockymountain atv has them in stock $23.52 for the guide frame and $9.66 for the plastic slider inside. Too late for next day shipping to get it tomorrow. Sorry cant be more help
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #58116
gammel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 305
My chain guard was ripped off my bike at 70 MPH, approx 100 or so miles from home. Talk about scaring the s**t out of you. Rode home with minimal amount of wear on the swing arm. Bought a OEM one, don't know about aftermarket ones. Good luck.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #58117
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post

Just ride the bike, Fritz!
More words of wisdom from our old buddy OFFandON.
Thanks, I'll try that.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #58118
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,979
Quote:

Here you go for a cheap good replacement guide. I have been using one for about 3 years now. I want to say its even better that the oem one. As for running the bike without a guide it can be done. but just fix it when you get a chance. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...rm=chain+guide
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #58119
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,372
Self tapping screws! I wish I'd thought of that yesterday! Woulda probably worked better than what I ended up using. I think I finally got it so it might just leak a little bit in one spot. The good news... I found the hammer that I thought I had lost!
Enough typing four beers in... time to head out to the garage

You cant make this shit up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post

As for JB welding the main jet........i can actually see you doing that,now i`m scared..i suppose big self tapping screws are what you got for the rest of the carb

B
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #58120
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
More words of wisdom from our old buddy OFFandON.
Thanks, I'll try that.
sage advice
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #58121
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Quote:

First, and let me get this out of the way, you are talking about the chain guard that mounts to the front of the swing arm, top and bottom, right?
If yes! I have a well used but still usable OEM one I'll make you one HELL of a deal on. But wait, there's more, if you act now, FREE SHIPPING. Let me know, I can't do this all day.

PM me!!!!
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
Old 04-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #58122
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

jb weld, screws?? wtf??? the jet is brass just braze that fucker up and drill a new hole in it
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
Old 04-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #58123
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
sage advice
This from the mouth of a guy that is going to glue up a carb. jet and re-drill it . Go figure????

I have not done that since I had a 4 BBL Holly, sonny.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #58124
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
jb weld, screws?? wtf??? the jet is brass just braze that fucker up and drill a new hole in it

OMG another jet basher. Have you no shame?
Old 04-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #58125
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

I really thought that would be a big hit with the more frugal guys