Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #60376
nic579
x

Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
Somebody got a ticket for wheelie-ing a few pages back. Saw this on another forum:

I've been pulled over for wheelies more times than I care to count. Sometimes (rarely), they give me a warning and chew me out and send me on my way. Sometimes, they threaten me with all they could do (jail time, impound my bike, misdemeanor, blablabla), then they go 'easy' on me and give me speeding or unsafe lane changing, then they tell me what a nice wheelie it was. Then there are the supercops, that throw the book atcha. With lots of research, I beat my exhibition of speed ticket for doing a smooth and controlled wheelie at a constant speed on the freeway at night. I endangered no one. Bottom Line: There is nowhere in the California Vehicle Code that says lifting your front wheel is illegal. A wheelie done safely is not illegal. Too bad most cops THINK it is illegal and most people that get these bogus tickets aren't willing to fight it to the end.

I really wish cops around here would ticket all the dumb asses texting (women 80% of the time FWIW). I'm getting sick of people that drive with their head down. I'd take somebody at .08-.10 over testers anyway. Fight the ticket!
Illinois passed a law, but technically I think you have to be speeding for the ticket to be valid from the wording I read.
nic579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #60377
Idaho_XR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
Thanks!

Ah, But that's a secret process.

Here's how you do it: First material is a stainless steel door kick plate ( goes at the bottom of the door ) . Got it at a Home Depot. I finished the parts with a 80 grit buff wheel to a uniform finish ( all the sanding marks going the same direction). Then clean the parts 100% grease/oil/fingerprint free with acetone. Then I placed them in my outside gas grill down on the stones that are just above the burner. Cook about 6 to 12 hours.

I made a little shield further back on the pipe but it is just for looks.

I like this heat shield concept. Every time I see your bike, it reminds me of WWII heat shield on a .30 or .50 caliber machine gun.
Idaho_XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #60378
Idaho_XR
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
I have been pondering doing it for a while... I have crispied the cuffs on a couple of pairs of pants also
I am sure your co-workers will get used to your moto-cross pants eventually.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #60379
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,238
Happy Canada Day Guys..

To all the Canuck viewers Happy Canada Day YFF`s........

And to ThumpNRED...........hey Wayne...This DSLR with mirror lock-up kicks ass.......i got in just under 200 keepers this year...

I know this isn`t the forum for this,,but suck it up,,,i know you like fIreworks...

Fireworks.........beer..good times

And my bike is in the photo somewhere so it`s on topic

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer

techforlife screwed with this post 07-02-2013 at 10:27 AM
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #60380
Idaho_XR
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post

And to ThumpNRED...........hey Wayne...This DSLR with mirror lock-up kicks ass.......i got in just under 200 keepers this year...

I know this isn`t the forum for this,,but suck it up,,,i know you like foreworks...

B
Hell ya happy Canada day! And Brian your one of the best ff's i have met from Canada, besides my grandmother.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:58 AM   #60381
seth0941
NW Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 481
I made this video a while back, thought it may help someone here.

seth0941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:14 AM   #60382
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho_XR View Post
Hell ya happy Canada day! And Brian your one of the best ff's i have met from Canada, besides my grandmother.

thanks man..

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
Old 07-02-2013, 04:03 AM   #60383
Barron
M0DAH0LIC

Oddometer: 2,263
Quote:

I know this isn`t the forum for this,,but suck it up,,,i know you like foreworks...

B
Sweet! I'll knock back some mead, sake, whiskey, sochu and beer for ya!

-Barron
Old 07-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #60384
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barron View Post
Sweet! I'll knock back some mead, sake, whiskey, sochu and beer for ya!

-Barron

B
Old 07-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #60385
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,344
Looking Good

Wow, you took those Canada Day pics? BTW, Happy Canada Day. Do tell on details of how you accomplished what you got? I just upgraded from the camera in my iPhone 5 to a Nikon AW110 (non-SLR) that Costco has on special. It's waterproof, drop proof, 16 mega pixel and believe I might be able to get better shots. Do you take them in to PhotoShop and over saturate or something? I have no idea about getting shots like that.

I just bought this camera because it had every conceivable gizmo built-in.

RZ Rob

RZRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #60386
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
Wow, you took those Canada Day pics? BTW, Happy Canada Day. Do tell on details of how you accomplished what you got? I just upgraded from the camera in my iPhone 5 to a Nikon AW110 (non-SLR) that Costco has on special. It's waterproof, drop proof, 16 mega pixel and believe I might be able to get better shots. Do you take them in to PhotoShop and over saturate or something? I have no idea about getting shots like that.

I just bought this camera because it had every conceivable gizmo built-in.

RZ Rob

On a digicam like that it`s usually easy..set to landscape mode to fix the focus for distance...then go in full manual mode and set the shutter to 2 seconds and the aperature to f5.6 or f8......

No processing on my shots,,just basic sharpening as it`s a dslr and no sharpening is applied in my settings...

Most digicams have a "fireworks " mode though,,see if it does..

You of course need a decent tripod...

Trick is to hit the shutter when you see them launch or shortly after,,so if you have camera shake it does not affect the firework..

B

techforlife screwed with this post 07-02-2013 at 10:25 AM
Old 07-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #60387
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,399
Makes my Pentax K110 look like a point and shoot. Great pics and happy Canada Day!
Quote:

B
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #60388
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho_XR View Post
I am sure your co-workers will get used to your moto-cross pants eventually.
Now I have an oil leak from the head cover! So... I come to work with oil stains AND crispy cuffs on my pants. It hasnt been so bad when it was cool enough to wear riding pants over my work clothes. It's a bit warm for extra layers now!

Did you get your bike unbent? We did a Dagett Creek run a couple of weeks ago. The trail that the guys at the bottom said was blocked when you and I rode it... that's the trail we came down. The trail head is just around the corner from the top of Humpty. If you dont turn off off Robie Creek Rd and keep going, you run into it. We rode Trail 4, Humpty, Dagget. I was so damned tired by the time I got to the creek section, I had to question my sanity.
The trail out the back of the Dagget splits. One fork ends up over by Bogus and the other near the Humpty trail head. We rode up Dagget and took the trail to Bogus last fall. Not a bad ride. The fork that we rode down on this last adventure has a couple of sections that are not too bad coming down, but would be a pucker inducing exercise on the way up. There's a pretty nasty climb with no approach and what would be a really tight downhill switchback that, if missed, would be entertaining for everyone except the person on the bike damn... look at him go
Old 07-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #60389
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
Makes my Pentax K110 look like a point and shoot. Great pics and happy Canada Day!
Lense selection helps too.....and 3 dslrs to choose from..

B

techforlife screwed with this post 07-02-2013 at 11:32 AM
Old 07-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #60390
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Quote:
Lense selection helps too.....and 3 dslrs to chooose from..

B
I have lenses... two to be exact Then there is the bag of old lenses for cameras that no workie