Oddometer: 3,773
You must like 'em stiff.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #62087
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,031
Perfect for my weight

On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #62088
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
Perfect for my weight

Is that the new Michelin Safety Suit?
Old 09-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #62089
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Perfect for my weight

I think you belong on a Harley.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #62090
DaveHunter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Forks. Sounds like I mess around with it and then in the end it doesn't make any difference for me because I'm a motorcycle clod.

I thought it was no air trail and release air after air pressure builds up in the forks from use. Add some air pressure street to stiffen up, but like I said I'm a clod. I'll probably not know the difference anyway.

Little surprised how low air in tires as well? I thought tires last longer closer to the upper air pressure?

But I'm not a dirty guy.
DaveHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #62091
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,104
Quote:
Perfect for my weight

He's just full of hot air.

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #62092
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHunter View Post
Forks. Sounds like I mess around with it and then in the end it doesn't make any difference for me because I'm a motorcycle clod.

I thought it was no air trail and release air after air pressure builds up in the forks from use. Add some air pressure street to stiffen up, but like I said I'm a clod. I'll probably not know the difference anyway.

Little surprised how low air in tires as well? I thought tires last longer closer to the upper air pressure?

But I'm not a dirty guy.

anything over 18lbs i found Im skittering all over local dirt/ gravel roads
forks most guys run with 0psi YMMV honda did design them to allow up to the 6psi~
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
Old 09-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #62093
jarhead251
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
I've gotten it on good authority HERE that there is no revlimiter.
Seems we have a case of he said he said here. I have searched in vain for some kind of proof in my claim. All I can find are several other posts on other sites claiming the rev limiter is between 7500-8200 RPM. I cant find any actual proof though. Now, I know what I heard on my bike. It sounded to me like the classis rev limiter sound after a few seconds of wide open throttle, but, it would not be the first time I was wrong. I will be the first to admit when I'm wrong, so show me some kind of proof besides what a buddy said, or what you read or heard, and I will open my mouth and put my foot in it.
“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness." Ronald Regan
jarhead251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #62094
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

But I'm not a dirty guy.
On my streetbikes I run about 32 PSI front and rear , a little lower than recommended . On the XR I actually like the recommended 22. The forks I run at 6.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #62095
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olderslowerguy View Post
If "your" authority thinks there is a rev limiter, please tell me at what rpm it cuts in? I can say without a doubt that it does not function between 0 and 9400 rpm.s! There is NO limiter in the stock CDI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead251 View Post
Seems we have a case of he said he said here. I have searched in vain for some kind of proof in my claim. All I can find are several other posts on other sites claiming the rev limiter is between 7500-8200 RPM. I cant find any actual proof though. Now, I know what I heard on my bike. It sounded to me like the classis rev limiter sound after a few seconds of wide open throttle, but, it would not be the first time I was wrong. I will be the first to admit when I'm wrong, so show me some kind of proof besides what a buddy said, or what you read or heard, and I will open my mouth and put my foot in it.
He's had several built motors and a Supermono he raced. Sorry , get over it. You've already done the foot insertion.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #62096
jarhead251
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
He's had several built motors and a Supermono he raced. Sorry , get over it. You've already done the foot insertion.
Wow dude. So you have no proof, that's all you gotta say. Get over it? What are you 12?
“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness." Ronald Regan
jarhead251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #62097
DaveHunter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
key blank for the XR

My local hardware store doesn't have it.
Where can I pick up a couple?
thanks,
D
DaveHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #62098
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Honda dealer can get em if no where else
Old 09-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #62099
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,227
Quote:
My local hardware store doesn't have it.
Where can I pick up a couple?
thanks,
D
I bought a few on fleabay..........or go to your Honda shop and order them..

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #62100
Idaho_XR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
I bought a few on fleabay..........or go to your Honda shop and order them..

B
+1

The dealer ship should be able to take care of you. Plus you get to look at some shiny new bikes and possibly get molested by a salesman.
Idaho_XR is offline   Reply With Quote