ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2006, 05:03 PM   #16
aardvark

Oddometer: 6,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRYDER
Yeah the only bad thing about that is I ride EVEN SLOWER in the rain ......if thats at all possible.
If I ever ride with you then we'll hang out together at the back of the pack. I very rarely feel the need to ride WFO to get what I want from a motorcycle.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:31 PM   #17
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,648
Cool Ill get to pull up LAST w/someone else. Meat, Mystery, KV and the others are great to ride with and they don't laugh too hard when I pull in 5-10....o-kay 15 min after they do
ghostryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:37 AM   #18
Killer Whale KTM
Life is the adventure!

Oddometer: 712
Thanks Meathead,
I'll give it a try. I don't care what those other guy's say about you,you're alright!
Thanks
Killer Whale KTM
Old 01-23-2006, 10:38 AM   #19
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,612
I've got a Foggy too and love it. I'll try a Pinock sometime, though....the foggy makes it kinda hard to take the lid on and off. It's a nice easy way to solve fogging issues though.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:31 PM   #20
kv
[none]

Oddometer: 5,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
the foggy makes it kinda hard to take the lid on and off.
Made it impossible for me... YMMV

Save $5.00 on a subscription to Smugmug by entering SmYAucfONBnH2 in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form.
kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:36 PM   #21
kv
[none]

Oddometer: 5,048
Quote:
Cool Ill get to pull up LAST w/someone else. Meat, Mystery, KV and the others are great to ride with and they don't laugh too hard when I pull in 5-10....o-kay 15 min after they do
Marty rode with Ara and I last year... After a pretty nasty water crossing (ask DataDaddy to show you the shorts he wore the day he tried to get a picture of Mark going through it), Marty steps off of his bike, lets it fall to the ground and kicks the turn signal off of it! He then jumps on it and yells, "Take that Bee-otch!"

Save $5.00 on a subscription to Smugmug by entering SmYAucfONBnH2 in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form.

kv screwed with this post 01-23-2006 at 08:18 PM
kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:17 PM   #22
Meathead
tin man

Oddometer: 16,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Whale KTM
Thanks Meathead,
I'll give it a try. I don't care what those other guy's say about you,you're alright!
Thanks
Killer Whale KTM

Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:40 AM   #23
BeemerChef
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,295
Gorgeous day today at the foothills of the GA Mountains... off too... with Bronchitus! Sucks... big big time...
Oh! well...

Another time I guess...

Ara
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:17 AM   #24
NoMystery OP
Jesse's Girl

Oddometer: 9,942
Great Ride Report in the works!!

- - - the high - - - - - - - -

NoMystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:30 PM   #25
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,648
Well it was a rainy day, but that didn't stop our little ride. We planned on riding and having a good time and that is just what we did.....Seeing as how it was raining out we didn't want to get the GS's all dirty so we hopped on the Harley's and headed off.....
Notice all the cool Harley safety gear.....nothing but the best for this trip.....

So where to go on such a rainy day?????? Well how about an indoor shooting range. Of course nothing says ADV ride like some good old fashion shootin'.......

Of course there was a SMALL competion.....that I won,That is until Ole' Blondie over there got a little bent about the score. She looked at me with that killer look in her eye and asked, "Who won that round"........

She had that cold calculated killer look in her eye so of course I gave in and let her win the round. I know when I'm out gunned. So after that friendly little discussion I suggested that we sit back and watch the horse races on TV

Although the scenery was good the race was pretty boring. It seemed as if they were working so hard and getting nowhere. After watching a race or two we decided it was time to move on. So we stopped off and looked at some cool riding gear.......

After looking at those cool leathers we decided that the Harley's were a little to slow. So we hoped on the sport bikes and headed for the hills...

These bikes were FAST......I mean scare fast......

Of course our ace shooter over there has that completion gene in her, and just cant let a challenge go. Every time we stopped at a light she was challenging me to a race

Of course we all know my mad riding skills so I had to accept. After all we all know who leads the pack when we go riding. So after tearing up the hills we were getting a little hungry. we decided that we should ditch the bikes and hop in the sports car and head into town to get some food. So we hopped in and off we went....

Not that I advocate drinking and driving but when its a short ride, and such a friendly smile how can you say no...

So we wound up here.....

And that is when the fun started. The food was great and the booze.....Well lets just say that the booze was flowing free....

After a couple of those I was feeling like this......

Next thing I know it was....

That is when we decided that this is where it will end. So in true ADV rider spirit we ate and drank and had a great time. We started on the Harley's, went shooting, did a couple laps on the sport bikes, watched a horse race or two, had great food, A LOT of booze and called it a day.

Cant wait for the next ride.......

ghostryder screwed with this post 01-24-2006 at 01:43 PM
ghostryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:19 PM   #26
Meathead
tin man

Old 01-24-2006, 02:20 PM   #27
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer: 36,667
Damn southern wussies.

We rode 300 miles in the rain and freezing rain...

Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:13 PM   #28
Meathead
tin man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino
Damn southern wussies.

We rode 300 miles in the rain and freezing rain...

I was scared o' the rain, so I stayed home. I told 'em they were crazy as hell, but they wouldn't listen.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:51 PM   #29
NoMystery OP
Jesse's Girl

Oddometer: 9,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathead
I was scared o' ........
WAIT, excuse me?? You? Rita Slayer- Scared of what?

- - - the high - - - - - - - -

NoMystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:06 PM   #30
rcompton
I am not Iron Man

Oddometer: 2,519
Well done.

Quote:
Well it was a rainy day, but that didn't stop our little ride. We planned on riding and having a good time and that is just what we did.....

Kurt Vonnegut
rcompton is offline   Reply With Quote