ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2006, 10:12 AM   #1
veetwo OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Wanted-GS rider to test tank bag - Central VA

Hello,
A friend and I have made a hard tank bag that will attach to the gas cap ring. We are using small Pelican cases (1120) and a quick-release mechanism for easy installation/removal. I have had one on my GS Adv. for a few months and we are ready to have someone test the latest prototype.

I would like to find someone near Roanoke, VA with a GS (we have other rings, but the GS is the first and most developed), or someone willing to travel to pick up the bag. The reason is that I'd like to watch the install for anything I might learn from seeing someone else do it... I have an 1150 GS, and I think the ring bolt pattern is the same for the 1100's but I'm not sure about the 1200's.

The deal is, if you like the bag enough to keep it after trying it for a couple of months, then it is yours. If you don't like it, or if it needs modifications, return it to us so we can learn what works and what doesn't. Either way, I'd like the tester to write up a short report telling us what he/she would change, did like, didn't like, etc.

If you have a GS and are interested, please email or pm me, the first person to contact me (who can come get the bag in Roanoke) will get it.

Thanks!
Mike
veetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #2
SWONUT
Certified Nut

Oddometer: 239
Available weekdays???

I may be up for a run out there from Norfolk one day if I can snake out of work one day next week. Been wanting to hit the Orvis outlets and maybe can parlay all this together. PM me and let me know.

BTW, if anyone else is interested, don't let me keep you from making it happen.

Swonut
R1150GS Adv
SWONUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
Omi
0o0o0o

Oddometer: 4,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by veetwo
Hello,
I have an 1150 GS, and I think the ring bolt pattern is the same for the 1100's but I'm not sure about the 1200's.
The ring diameter is the same on all the modern BMW's exept the LT. Good luck!

Omi screwed with this post 02-03-2006 at 02:44 PM
Omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:39 PM   #4
veetwo OP
Adventurer

Options...

Thanks, I emailed you back with some scheduling options for meeting up. Let me know if they work for you.
Regards,
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWONUT
I may be up for a run out there from Norfolk one day if I can snake out of work one day next week. Been wanting to hit the Orvis outlets and maybe can parlay all this together. PM me and let me know.

BTW, if anyone else is interested, don't let me keep you from making it happen.

Swonut
R1150GS Adv
Old 02-03-2006, 07:29 PM   #5
veetwo OP
Adventurer

Glad they standardized!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMI1150GS
The ring diameter is the same on all the modern BMW's exept the LT. Good luck!
Thanks OMI1150GS, that makes things quite a bit easier .
Old 02-04-2006, 07:14 PM   #6
TheMOABjustBLUXU
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Hey!

I am in Lancaster Pa I would be willing to give your product a try and would give it a great test! I ride a GSA and my wife Calls me Inspector Persnickety , so maybe you don't want me to be the one to check out your product! email me here ! if not interested send me some info when it's done! would be more than willing to sell my overpriced BMW tank bag
TheMOABjustBLUXU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #7
kv
[none]

Oddometer: 5,048
Let me know when you ready a version for the Tiger...

Save $5.00 on a subscription to Smugmug by entering SmYAucfONBnH2 in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form.
kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:44 PM   #8
veetwo OP
Adventurer

Looks like SWONUT is going to test it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMOABjustBLUXU
I am in Lancaster Pa I would be willing to give your product a try and would give it a great test! I ride a GSA and my wife Calls me Inspector Persnickety , so maybe you don't want me to be the one to check out your product! email me here ! if not interested send me some info when it's done! would be more than willing to sell my overpriced BMW tank bag
Thanks TheMOABjustBLUXU, it looks like SWONUT is going to give it a go. I will post back once we have something ready to sell. I've been running one on the GS for a few months now, and it seems to be working well.

Mike
Old 02-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #9
veetwo OP
Adventurer

Tiger Bag...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvfalcon
Let me know when you ready a version for the Tiger...
kvfalcon, wonder if you'd send me some measurements from your Tiger... I need to know the bolt pattern of your gas cap ring with spacing between screw holes center to center (and how many screws there are total). A pic might help too. Also, a measurement of the distance from the center of your fuel cap to the bars, so I can guesstimate what size bag would fit on there... Only if you have the time .

We have one that fits both Suzuki DL's, and would like to expand our coverage...

Thanks!
Mike
Old 02-12-2006, 03:32 PM   #10
kv
[none]

Oddometer: 5,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by veetwo
kvfalcon, wonder if you'd send me some measurements from your Tiger... I need to know the bolt pattern of your gas cap ring with spacing between screw holes center to center (and how many screws there are total). A pic might help too. Also, a measurement of the distance from the center of your fuel cap to the bars, so I can guesstimate what size bag would fit on there... Only if you have the time .

We have one that fits both Suzuki DL's, and would like to expand our coverage...

Thanks!
Mike
PM sent...

Save $5.00 on a subscription to Smugmug by entering SmYAucfONBnH2 in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form.
kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:15 PM   #11
shell015
n00b

Oddometer: 5
PM sent too!
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote