Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #526
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pif View Post
good morning from Athens
maybe it's totally the wrong season to visit your country (a ride in Trabzon was always a interesting ride for me on the way to Iran) according to what most of the world broadcast channels are reporting from your places for the last 10+ days.so the question is simple:
how safe is riding in your country for foreigners wright now? we're planning with a friend to reach Islamic Republic of Iran via north coast of your country.
i hope the best for your people and your country the following days.
Greetings,George
P.S.:I wanted to ask why all this mess is happening but i believe that the reasons r reasonable logical...
Be carefull in Iran but Turkey would be very safe to pass . We have some demonstrations about government but its in the cities generally . At the moment 79 cities involve in demonstrations. But you will be ok. Around Black Sea which is the north of turkey everything is normal. And you will have a lot fun .

By the way we are Turkish and majority of the Turkish don't like Athens be very carefull :) lol
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:31 AM   #527
Tumer
Tumer

Oddometer: 9
Hi Folks This is me. Tumer (Tyuumer)

I currently live in Izmir. At the western part of the country. I love two wheels i.e. bicycle, enduro and street.

So these are my toys:

My Bike:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

My Enduro:

[IMG][/IMG]

My Street Bike:

Peace.
Tumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #528
Tumer
Tumer

Oddometer: 9
Izmir / Turkey

Hi Folks,

I live in İzmir, western part of Turkey, which has a coast to the Aegean Sea. Here we have a wonderful landscape as long as you can escape from the city.

Mountains, olive and pine trees, and maquis scrubland too. And last but not least the sea, of course. Love to the nature and peace of mind, is what you find.

Riding here is kinda way where you can be aware you really live. Where every breath you take is like swallowing elixir. This the way I see being out there. Thank God.

Here are my boys who take me out there:

My Bike:

My Enduro:

My Street Bike:

Peace.

Tumer screwed with this post 07-19-2013 at 08:27 AM
Tumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #529
d.berkay
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Hi all,

i'm Berkay from Ankara, Turkey. i'm 26 and student in Ankara University. i'm a Kuba STR250 light cross bike rider. i recently made a tour from Ankara to Aegean Cost if Turkey and back to Ankara. it took 2800 kms and 10days. it was slow but very pleasing tour.

My ride,

i'm also a professional cyclist. i raced four seasons and gave a break last year.

Nice to meet you..

GT-P7300 cihazmdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi
d.berkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #530
d.berkay
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanRUS View Post
Sevgili arkadalar!
Gezgininde Türk isimleri ile POI indirme, "geçi" anlamna gelen tercüme edilemez kelime "Asiti", kefetti. Bu argo?
(Anzer asiti, Baltas asiti, Soganli asiti, ....)
Hi, asiti ( at) is not an argo word. it means highest point of the section. You are right about "geçis" it is not exact meaning of at. "Asmak" means passing a high point. At is the place which passed.

I hope it helps you.

d.berkay screwed with this post 07-31-2013 at 11:04 AM
d.berkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:15 PM   #531
IvanRUS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.berkay View Post
Hi, asiti ( at) is not an argo word. it means highest point of the section. You are right about "geçis" it is not exact meaning of at. "Asmak" means passing a high point. At is the place which passed.

I hope it helps you.

Teşekkür ederim!
Google ne yazık ki orada kötü bir çevirmen, ama ücretsiz!
IvanRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #532
klimag
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Trip advices please

Hello to all

We plan a trip to Turkey next year. Please check this tread and thanks in advance any answer or advice to some basic questions. For sure you have the most knwoledge on that.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=911905

regards
klimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #533
shi_bumi
n00b

Hello guys, this is Kahraman from Izmir...Let me introduce my italian mistress to you ;). 2003 Aprilia Caponord

Xoom cihazmdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

shi_bumi screwed with this post 08-31-2013 at 11:18 AM
shi_bumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:07 AM   #534
volkanix
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Hi
i am Özkan from Giresun (a beatiful city of Türkiye)
i have no picture about my motorcycle because havent got for now..
i am waiting 2014 for a new begining and want Triumph Tiger 800XC
if you will tour at the Black Sea region want to meet you
i am lawyer at here and always waiting you for a couple of tea in my office..
i will come in winter to istanbul for buying my green tiger 800xc if i can found..
see you round all adventurers
volkanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #535
aki
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Riding in Turkey.

Is it possible to purchase a used motorcycle for riding in Turkey? What are the requirements for purchasing one & is there any restrictions? I am thinking of selling it after the ride.
When is the best time?
Thanks.

http://aki-sarawakadventure.blogspot.com/
aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #536
DISTORTEDMAN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Hi Aki, Best time is summer time especially June and July for west coast of Turkey. If you want to see south coast, best time is September and October. As you see you should come to in Turkey summer time.

If you want to have a friend in your journeys, i can assist you for next summer. I do not promise but we can talk about it in next spring.

I don't know how foreign people can buy a motorbike in Turkey. Maybe i can ask it to some friends.
DISTORTEDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:17 AM   #537
Dickyb
Bewildered Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,038
Aki buying a bike in Turkey is a pain. You need a residence permit and the notary costs for transferring the bike to your name are expensive. Used bikes in Turkey keep their value which makes even 10-15 year old bikes expensive compared to somewhere like England. Selling a bought bike can take a while too.

Cheers,

Dickyb
Dickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #538
aki
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTORTEDMAN View Post
Hi Aki, Best time is summer time especially June and July for west coast of Turkey. If you want to see south coast, best time is September and October. As you see you should come to in Turkey summer time.

If you want to have a friend in your journeys, i can assist you for next summer. I do not promise but we can talk about it in next spring.

I don't know how foreign people can buy a motorbike in Turkey. Maybe i can ask it to some friends.
Sure love to have company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickyb View Post
Aki buying a bike in Turkey is a pain. You need a residence permit and the notary costs for transferring the bike to your name are expensive. Used bikes in Turkey keep their value which makes even 10-15 year old bikes expensive compared to somewhere like England. Selling a bought bike can take a while too.

Cheers,

Dickyb
That's sad. Maybe I just rent a bike.

http://aki-sarawakadventure.blogspot.com/
aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #539
igormortis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,188
Service in Izmir

Hello -

We are travelling through from New Zealand to Europe on our BMW R100GS, and are in Izmir, Turkey at the moment. 25,000 km so far and the bike needs some attention!

Can anyone nearby recommend a place where we can do this? I'm not looking for someone to service the bike for us, we just need a place where we can work for about a day. Of course we can cover any consumables or parts from a workshop, but labour charges are outside our budget unfortunately. We can probably cover a beer or two though...

Please let us know if you have ideas.

Cheers,

Igor and Penny
igormortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #540
shi_bumi
n00b

Im in Izmir but I have no idea about where you can give it a maintanence by yourself. If you need any technical assistance or look for some spare, just let me know. I know people who might help you. My mail......kahramaninaloz@yahoo.com.....

BTW, i am sure labour charges are much more cheaper than the ones in your country. So if you cannot find some place, dont hesitate to take it to a workshop.

Enjoy Izmir :)

Xoom cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

shi_bumi screwed with this post 09-24-2013 at 01:34 PM
shi_bumi is offline   Reply With Quote