ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2006, 05:06 AM   #16
AntonLargiader
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldnoGPS
...not sure about my 2-piece Tourmaster though. NESBA sez it needs to zip together and it doesn't.
If you're roughly my size (which I think you are) then I have one-piece leathers that would fit you. Unless I decide to sign up... :)
Old 02-09-2006, 05:41 AM   #17
OldnoGPS
Just a sightseer

Oddometer: 1,258
Thanks Anton, may take you up on that. I believe we're pretty close to the same size. I'd rather see you come ride though, I'll figure something out!
Strommin's right about sight lines in 2 and 3. Seems like you're turning left forever with no good turn-in or braking marker then you're into decreasing radius Nascar Bend. That's where lots of track time for some perspective helps.
I suspect we'll be kept on a short leash and I plan to take it easy anyway. Hey, I'm old. My son will probably just be starting to walk by then after the R6 crash and this family would be hard pressed to deal with another medical case. Besides, this is a fun day not a race.
I'll keep telling myself that when Bob smokes by me on the KTM...
OldnoGPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:41 AM   #18
MakMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 761
Ride report...

I'd be interested in hearing how the Intro session goes. The NESBA is coming to Pocono Raceway - East Course in April and I think it might be cool to try a track day once. I don't know which set is the east course. A buddy of mine used to run SCCA and they had a series of events on two separate road course tracks at Pocono. One track was a timed event and the other was road racing.

Reading the NESBA website it looks like it'd be really cool to run my GS out there and be more aggressive than I'd ever dream of being on the road.

2006 BMW R1200GS For Sale!!!
2005 BMW R1200GS (RIP 10/20/2005)
2003 Yamaha VStar Classic 650 (traded)
1989 Yamaha Virago 1100 (sold long time ago)
19?? Kawasaki 454 LTD (long, long gone)
MakMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:49 AM   #19
SST OP
Lost again...

Oddometer: 1,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonLargiader
If you're roughly my size (which I think you are) then I have one-piece leathers that would fit you. Unless I decide to sign up... :)
Hey hey Hey Anton's back!! Good to hear from you, dude. Let's all sign up for VIR. You will have to ride Meredith's GS though. No K1200S or BMW HP2 or whatever your bike of the month is...
Rallymoto #165
SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:59 AM   #20
SST OP
Lost again...

Oddometer: 1,295
This is cool getting coaching BEFORE I even get on the track. Thanks for advice ans insights on VIR.

I'm just going to get out there and ride and try not to crash too many times, although I like bad pavement, off cambers, etc... I am afraid my bike won't be track prepped to any degree and expect I'll be a bit limited by brakes and tires. Worn TKC 80s and single small disk on the front unless Ted takes the R6 naked bike. Should be fun...
Rallymoto #165
SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:01 AM   #21
Jack90210
mindful

Oddometer: 15,066
I haven't been on VIR in two years and am DYING to go. I'll be returning from an IronButt weekend blitz to Daytona that weekend, though.

Hope you have good weather!

I must say that my son has exposed a reservoir of love and of worry within me that I never knew existed. --nskitts, 9/2/12
Jack90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:02 AM   #22
Jack90210
mindful

Oddometer: 15,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by SST
Worn TKC 80s
They might not let you on the track like that!

I must say that my son has exposed a reservoir of love and of worry within me that I never knew existed. --nskitts, 9/2/12
Jack90210 is offline   Reply With Quote