ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2006, 11:51 AM   #16
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 76,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty hill
I have an open mind. Went there twice and don't think it's worth going again.

Nothing stuck up about that.
That's kinda how I feel. Not saying I'll never go again, but the show wasn't so great. Best bike I saw was a Guzzi parked outside.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:58 PM   #17
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,617
What can I say? I was having one of those days yesterday. I did go to the show today with pops, and as we all know it was mostly cruiser stuff BUT I did see some cool stuff there that I haven't seen first hand yet such as the new retro style Ducs (very nice indeed) and the new Triumph Scrambler (also a cool little bike). Also some some BITCHIN' MV Agustas. Both local BMW shops were there. First thing you see when you walk in is Atlanta BMW and a nice new 1150 GS (DRROOOOL!) in it's magnificent blue and white color scheme. Also, heads up for anyone wanting a DL1000...Machines in Motion (based in Cumming) had a new red 06 for friggin' $5695!!! What a deal! Wish I could've bought it. Very nice indeed. My dad's friend owns an Iron Horse dealer by McFarland Rd and they were selling those bikes left and right. It was 3 hours well spent, IMO. Not as many nearly naked spokesgirls running around this time though, and the stunt show was delayed due to the weather. There was like 10 bikes parked outside is all!
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:50 PM   #18
NoMystery
Jesse's Girl

Oddometer: 9,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
What can I say? I was having one of those days yesterday.... It was 3 hours well spent, IMHO.
fixed, glad you had fun. I'm down with cruisers for what they are...I have often said I may even have a chopper one day for the hell of it, for "show!" (in addition to a GS of course). I'm my family's black sheep:

My dad's back kills him too, so I don't understand, why not an RT/LT or somethin comfortable, any brand? (HD elitest attitude, all due respect dad) Mom too, for that matter.

Quote:
Not as many nearly naked spokesgirls running around this time though,
See my mom working there?? She was NOT nearly naked though. I think, I hope.

Quote:
There was like 10 bikes parked outside is all!
Normally that's a show in itself, were you and pops 2 of 10?

- - - the high - - - - - - - -

NoMystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:23 AM   #19
Topdog
baw chica baw waw!!

Oddometer: 838
Quote:
What can I say? I was having one of those days yesterday. I did go to the show today with pops, and as we all know it was mostly cruiser stuff BUT I did see some cool stuff there that I haven't seen first hand yet such as the new retro style Ducs (very nice indeed) and the new Triumph Scrambler (also a cool little bike). Also some some BITCHIN' MV Agustas. Both local BMW shops were there. First thing you see when you walk in is Atlanta BMW and a nice new 1150 GS (DRROOOOL!) in it's magnificent blue and white color scheme. Also, heads up for anyone wanting a DL1000...Machines in Motion (based in Cumming) had a new red 06 for friggin' $5695!!! What a deal! Wish I could've bought it. Very nice indeed. My dad's friend owns an Iron Horse dealer by McFarland Rd and they were selling those bikes left and right. It was 3 hours well spent, IMO. Not as many nearly naked spokesgirls running around this time though, and the stunt show was delayed due to the weather. There was like 10 bikes parked outside is all!
that price was for a dl650, it was kinda misleading, showing a 1K with the price tag from a 650
Topdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:18 PM   #20
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdogawards
that price was for a dl650, it was kinda misleading, showing a 1K with the price tag from a 650
Really? If that's true, then that is not only misleading, that is BULLSHIT.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:05 PM   #21
svwayne
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 945
Quote:
Really? If that's true, then that is not only misleading, that is BULLSHIT.
I did a double take on that also - until my 10 year old daughter pointed out that it said DL650 on the sign.

"See dad, it's just like yours."

Guess the $7 to get her in was worth it!
svwayne is offline   Reply With Quote