ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #2956
exbee
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Oddometer: 41
Here's my 06 Uly, got it last week, loving it so far!
This is my second Buell and I'm even more impressed with the handling and suspension of the Uly than my Firebolt...great twisty road bike, especially with our less-than-quality local roads.
Attached Images
 
exbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #2957
Viking44
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Viking44's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Formerly Minnesota, now the Vegas desert
Oddometer: 135
New Farkle



__________________
_______________________________________________
Time spend on a motorcycle is not deducted from your lifespan

2007 Buell XB12X Fast Black
2001 HD Fatboy
1981 CB750 Cafe Racer
Viking44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #2958
treefrog
I need a DS.
 
treefrog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Benton, AR
Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by exbee View Post
Here's my 06 Uly, got it last week, loving it so far!
This is my second Buell and I'm even more impressed with the handling and suspension of the Uly than my Firebolt...great twisty road bike, especially with our less-than-quality local roads.
Looking good, but you might want to get the updated windshield hardware. A few of the shields have been known to come off at speed.
__________________
treefrog
treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #2959
Ahar
Retired in place
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Oddometer: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by argentcorvid View Post
That's quite the garage you have there.

that ain't the garage, that is the 8x20 conex that ain't stuffed to the rafters with shit.
but that is another subject, this is show pics of Uly.
Ahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #2960
treefrog
I need a DS.
 
treefrog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Benton, AR
Oddometer: 64
Here is my XT. Not a great pic, but what I have handy. I took this after putting on the new pipe. It is a keda design pipe. I will try to get a better pic this weekend without all of the background clutter.
Attached Images
 
__________________
treefrog
treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #2961
Snr Moment
Unafarkler
 
Snr Moment's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Billings, MT
Oddometer: 2,202
I like the rear tubes.

__________________
Love is blind, marriage is an eye-opener.

YAAK
Snr Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:49 PM   #2962
buelligan
Keeper of the cheese
 
buelligan's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: London, OH
Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
Looking good, but you might want to get the updated windshield hardware. A few of the shields have been known to come off at speed.
You know I've never quite understood this and at the risk of sounding like a jerk I am suspicious that anyone who has had one come off had it installed right. I've had mine off several times and am currently running a Cee bailys 1.5 inch screen and have never had it even wiggle at me even with the bike topped out in 5th gear bouncing off the rev limiter.
__________________
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
buelligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:11 AM   #2963
treefrog
I need a DS.
 
treefrog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Benton, AR
Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by buelligan View Post
You know I've never quite understood this and at the risk of sounding like a jerk I am suspicious that anyone who has had one come off had it installed right. I've had mine off several times and am currently running a Cee bailys 1.5 inch screen and have never had it even wiggle at me even with the bike topped out in 5th gear bouncing off the rev limiter.
You bring up some good points and you may be right. The more you pull them off the looser they tend to get, and some of those who have lost shields may not have had them seated well enough. The factory thought enough to make the change. I would rather be safe than sorry (at least for shields flying up in my face at speed). Snr Moment went with well nuts on his and I will probably go that route when I get bored and have some time to work on the bike.

Snr Moment, a better pic of the tubes:
This was during the test fitting, so it is not painted and prettied up yet in this pic. I can't seem to find a finished pic on this computer.
Attached Images
 
__________________
treefrog
treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #2964
buelligan
Keeper of the cheese
 
buelligan's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: London, OH
Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
You bring up some good points and you may be right. The more you pull them off the looser they tend to get, and some of those who have lost shields may not have had them seated well enough. The factory thought enough to make the change. I would rather be safe than sorry (at least for shields flying up in my face at speed). Snr Moment went with well nuts on his and I will probably go that route when I get bored and have some time to work on the bike.

Snr Moment, a better pic of the tubes:
This was during the test fitting, so it is not painted and prettied up yet in this pic. I can't seem to find a finished pic on this computer.
Looks good, I've got a couple of those tubes myself that I need to get around to actually putting on the bike someday.
__________________
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
buelligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #2965
Viking44
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Viking44's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Formerly Minnesota, now the Vegas desert
Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
Looking good, but you might want to get the updated windshield hardware. A few of the shields have been known to come off at speed.
What kind of high speed are we talking about? I've done 130+ on mine, never had an issue.
__________________
_______________________________________________
Time spend on a motorcycle is not deducted from your lifespan

2007 Buell XB12X Fast Black
2001 HD Fatboy
1981 CB750 Cafe Racer
Viking44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #2966
Viking44
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Viking44's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Formerly Minnesota, now the Vegas desert
Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
You bring up some good points and you may be right. The more you pull them off the looser they tend to get, and some of those who have lost shields may not have had them seated well enough. The factory thought enough to make the change. I would rather be safe than sorry (at least for shields flying up in my face at speed). Snr Moment went with well nuts on his and I will probably go that route when I get bored and have some time to work on the bike.

Snr Moment, a better pic of the tubes:
This was during the test fitting, so it is not painted and prettied up yet in this pic. I can't seem to find a finished pic on this computer.
I like. Do you keep fuel canisters in them?
__________________
_______________________________________________
Time spend on a motorcycle is not deducted from your lifespan

2007 Buell XB12X Fast Black
2001 HD Fatboy
1981 CB750 Cafe Racer
Viking44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #2967
esalentine
Adventurer
 
esalentine's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Warroad, MN
Oddometer: 57
Tubes

Treefrog - have you ever seen any rub marks on that plate from your tire? How much clearance do you have? I have one tube in that general area, but mounted up higher. I thought there was limited clearance for that one, but maybe having them further back helps too...
esalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #2968
Snr Moment
Unafarkler
 
Snr Moment's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Billings, MT
Oddometer: 2,202
I have an idea of what my next Uly project will be. Thinking one more fuel bottle (will make 5) and my tire repair kit which has been a PIA to store.
__________________
Love is blind, marriage is an eye-opener.

YAAK
Snr Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #2969
treefrog
I need a DS.
 
treefrog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Benton, AR
Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by esalentine View Post
Treefrog - have you ever seen any rub marks on that plate from your tire? How much clearance do you have? I have one tube in that general area, but mounted up higher. I thought there was limited clearance for that one, but maybe having them further back helps too...
Give me til the end of the weekend and I will try to get some clearer pics of the tube setup. Clearance has never been an issue, even when loaded down for the trip to Homecoming last year. If I plan on going any distance or where gas stations are scarce I have a couple of Primus 1 L fuel bottles I can take along. The tubes will also hold 1/5th of whiskey, or a bottle of wine as long as they are the standard round bottle variety.
__________________
treefrog
treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #2970
buelligan
Keeper of the cheese
 
buelligan's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: London, OH
Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking44 View Post
What kind of high speed are we talking about? I've done 130+ on mine, never had an issue.
Have you changed the gearing on yours? Because it's been my experience that 5th gear bouncing off the rev limiter with the race computer is something like 118mph and that was backed up by my GPS
__________________
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
buelligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014