ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2006, 12:40 PM   #31
dakarboy
ugly and stupid

Oddometer: 1,408
This one touches a nerve. there was a pretty cool lady that asked me to help her get into riding. i got her into the safety course. i made sure she was down w/ atg att. i helped her pick out her first bike. i rode w/ her for three solid days, blocking intersections, kicking doors. you would have thought that she was my little girl. we planned on doing the finger lake rally together. i told her it would be her first long ride and that it would be around 800 to 1000 miles. she responded w/ her usual smile and said to me "is that all?" "can we make it longer?" i last saw her on a sunday. i had my step daughter w/ me and i had to go back to the city. she wanted to ride north to see her friend and show off her new scooter. i waved goodbye and told her i would see her later. i never did. the driver said she changed lanes into him and ther was nothing he could do. she died instantly. at the funeral, her boyfriend and family and friends all wanted to know why i would introduce motorcycling to her. i could not tell them that the worst day riding is better then the best day not. i could not tell them that every time she started that bike it looked like christmas to me. i could not tell them that she had done everything she could to prevent that moment from occuring. if i were to die on my bike... i apolagize to those that would be hurt by my loss. but some one please tell them, that with out the bike, i really wouldnt be living all that much anyway. and i always smile before i get on anyway.
dakarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #32
MrE
computer driver

Oddometer: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakarboy
i could not tell them that she had done everything she could to prevent that moment from occuring. if i were to die on my bike... i apolagize to those that would be hurt by my loss. but some one please tell them, that with out the bike, i really wouldnt be living all that much anyway. and i always smile before i get on anyway.
Sorry for your loss dakarboy. I would dispute that statement but I guess that would be tacky. It is what it is. I do agree with your last thought. Definitely brings the sMiles.
The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
- Thomas Jefferson
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote