Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2006, 07:24 AM   #16
ride no evo
Suck it Trebek

Oddometer: 567
just found this with MEFO info

http://www.mindspring.com/~mssilvers.../klr650/tires/

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

You can save $5 on a smugmug subscription use coupon KyCiOLxqIwDIk
ride no evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:50 AM   #17
holycaveman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,387
Quote:
14k out of a set of DS tires....holy crap sign me up.

Now as I have been reminded, remember thease are just comments from riders who have used them. Don't realy know how they used the tire.

One here has 2000 on them so far and another post says he got 9000. so realy the only way is to find out yourself. I have a whopping 700mi on myne. but I ride about 1000 every other week, so I'll be adding them up quick.

The sahara 3 and the tx66 dissapointed me the most! They were realy expensive tires and only got 3000 miles out of them!!!!!!!!!
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:51 AM   #18
fire_strom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,258
arrowhead in moab has them also, i believe. i contacted klr650.com to see if they could get the 18" rear cause they only had the 17" listed. they can. i went w/ the d908rr instead but am still curious about these.
scott

fire_strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:44 AM   #19
R_W
wannabe

Oddometer: 4,126
I am only going to get 4-5 K out of them, front and rear. Rear is squaring, front is cupping. Now I am hard on tires, but those guys claiming 14 K must be riding on smooth dirtpack or other really tire-friendly surfaces.

I rate them better than Pirelli Scorpion AT's on the road, they really lean well.
R_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:21 PM   #20
Oldrice
oldrice.com

Oddometer: 527
Cool2 Mofo MEFO's - cool!

Yeah! A tire thread!!! Seriously, I'm running the Maxxis tires and they are *extremely* loud. They're ok on the street and as for dirt roads, it was fun doing burnouts in every corner but only if it's intentional. I found them unpredictable in the mild dirt. Front end washing is not good. I believe I've found my next set of tires. These MEFO's look the real deal and with the rise of Chaingolian behavior these days, it's about time. Thank you!

They're going on the NX650 asap.

Geoff-
www.oldrice.com

AJS Trials, CB250K0, XL250K0
Oldrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:36 PM   #21
jehu
∩HƏſ

Oddometer: 3,688
Not to hijack but This Kenda 270 has over 2000miles on it. XR650r and 60lbs of gear. Dirt cheap too. They have soft shoulders so are kinda squirmy when leaned over on the pavement but overall I'm happy.
Attached Images

jehu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:52 PM   #22
painkilla
MeTaL HeD

Oddometer: 125
thats pretty good , espicially on a xr650r , those bikes eat tires on a daily basis
Old 03-07-2006, 12:06 AM   #23
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,519
i was close to ordering those mefo's tonight. went ahead and got a set of stock trailwings again instead. next time around, pendingon more feedback, i will give them a shot.
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:03 AM   #24
scooterhose
Dare to Win Well

Oddometer: 8,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehu
Not to hijack but This Kenda 270 has over 2000miles on it. XR650r and 60lbs of gear. Dirt cheap too. They have soft shoulders so are kinda squirmy when leaned over on the pavement but overall I'm happy.
Know what you mean, Have some on my XT. They feel like the knobs are flexing when leaned over. But the hold great.

Scooter
scooterhose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #25
holycaveman OP
Beastly Adventurer

I've ran the 270's also, but I take corners too hard and they slide out on me. Plus there realy slick in the rain for some reason?

Cupping I am convinced is from hard breaking, thats how I wore out a 606 front before the rear!

All tires will eventually wear a flat spot in the middle, Ohio law is 1/16 in tread depth to be street legal. So I wonder how long thease mefo's will wear to that depth. Got 1000 miles on them now and still got tits on the front cetner knobs. Back is hardly wearing at all!! Only 1000 miles, but you would think they would show some wear?
Old 03-07-2006, 10:16 PM   #26
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,519
i'm looking forward to trying a set but i have to burn through the new set of trailwings. my current maxxis 6006's are so noisy and vibrate, i'll be riding on glass with the tw's. how would you rate the mefo's to other tires on the street as far as vibration, traction, noise, and handling?

thanks for posting these tires, probably would have never even known about them
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:34 PM   #27
holycaveman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
how would you rate the mefo's to other tires on the street as far as vibration, traction, noise, and handling?
Only have a 1000 miles on them so far. But on the road they rail on corners!! No knobb roll at all. Can wheelie easy enough in the rain. And don't float around during breaking. I am sure there is a stickier set of pure streeties out there, but they hook enough to make me push past my confort zone in the corners. And they do surprisingly well off road, definatly not a pure knobbie, but well enough.

I do get a bit of vibration at freeway speeds. Not like I am used to with the 606's though. But I also am running 3 rim locks, so that could be some of it.

aired down to 3 lb,and they worked realy well in the mud and slick stuff.(rear that is). Even is ridiable on the road at that pressure, but I would not ride like that for along time.

In the slick mud, the front end will still wash out on you if you are not careful, but knobbs is the only way to cure that. If you air down the rear does quite well in the deep or shallow slick mud. It throws quite a good rooster tail! (yea I am the one that looks back and watches the rooster tail)
Old 03-08-2006, 10:51 AM   #28
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoplaner
Then why are you touting 14,000 miles as a given? I suspect a common conversion error. km/miles. Probably more like 14,000 km. If thatís the case, no big deal. 606ís will do that cheaper and probably better. Claims like this must be backed up. I will call nobody.
14000km no big deal!!!!! That's 8805 miles "to you and me Rusty".
I'd like to see the 606's with that many miles on them!
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:14 AM   #29
yater
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE
14000km no big deal!!!!! That's 8805 miles "to you and me Rusty".
I'd like to see the 606's with that many miles on them!
I get 1000-1500 out of my rear 606s. Not a chance they would last to 8k under any conditions. The front is good for 2500 or so.
yater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #30
yater
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoplaner
Then why are you touting 14,000 miles as a given? I suspect a common conversion error. km/miles. Probably more like 14,000 km. If thatís the case, no big deal. 606ís will do that cheaper and probably better. Claims like this must be backed up. I will call nobody.
See above post...no chance the 606 is getting 8,000 miles....ever
yater is offline   Reply With Quote