ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2006, 06:01 PM   #1
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,614
North GA vs North Jersey 03.12.06

There has been ongoing discussion here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122511 about a dual sport ride. So, this Sunday the 12th is it. I have somehow gotten myself in a position to plan some sort of route (you guys just don't know!) worthy of travel. Here are the plans thus far:

(GET READY)

Meet at my place (what is good for everyone? earlier the better for me, but then again I don't have to ride to the meeting point! ) in the morning. Travel as much dirt as possible. There are going to be stretches of road, I can't help that too much. My address is 130 Greenwood Park Way, Dawsonville, GA 30534. It is a new neighborhood and is not yet on alot of maps and GPS, so I will tell you that it is halfway b/twn Downtown Dawsonville and Downtown Dahlonega on Hwy 9. VERY easy to find me. Then once we are all acquainted and such, we head north a mile on Hwy 9, immediately get off the beaten path and head to what I think is called Tobacco Patch Rd, which will put us on Hwy 52 for a short minute or 2. We'll ride to FS 28-2 behind Amicalola Falls (we won't see the falls, unless someone REALLY wants to and never has before) to a plane wreck site. From there we head towards Tickanetley, hit some pavement, north to FS 42 to Winding Stair Gap. Head up FS 58 to FS 333 to Swinging Bridge ( I am confused as to what gate is closed, could use some help there) to FS 42-2 to Suches. From there I haven't worked details, but this so far should make for a nice morning to early afternoon. I think Suches Creek may be in order, just for the *f* of it. I'll work on the rest of the way to get home, and post tomorrow.

Ride pace will be laid back as far as I am concernned. I just want to get out and chill, take in the scenery. Besides we have some rookies wanting to ride! I'm not out to kill myself anyway! Maybe the GA DUAL SPORT WANNABE will lead! (If you go, I am sure that will be the case! I need to dual sport my 200 EXC Mike!).

Who's on?
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:48 PM   #2
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,873
Let's get it on. I'm game, after the trip to the "Scrub" this weekend, the wee wants some dirt or mud if that's the case. Atleast I think I'm game, as long as the wife doesn't put the chain back on me.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #3
beefjerky
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,248
I might catch you guys for this one too
beefjerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #4
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,285
I'm in, and I'm bringing my vintage 1978 Yamaha DT 250 in the back of my truck - sounds like a fun ride. How does meeting around 10 at your place sound, flux?
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #5
Dirtysouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefjerky
I might catch you guys for this one too

Oh yeah! You know you want to get dirty, plus I need someone help me pick my bike up. That Flux is a scrawny fella.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:45 PM   #6
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

flux: your address is not on mapquest. So, if I am heading North on 9 out of Dawsonville, how do I get to your place?
Old 03-06-2006, 08:22 PM   #7
jorge
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
now we are talkin'

that's how it starts fellas... looks like its going to be 60 and sunny in Jersey so we'll have a ride up here too and we'll see who had more fun

We may need to start a Guerilla Dual Sport chapter in GA... you guys will have to elect a "Comandante" and print up some shirts...

To Dan, get Ray to go with you guys...does he have a dirt worhty ride?
DRZ 400S '02
XR 650 L '97
--------------------
Often wrong, never in doubt...Learn from your mistakes

jorge screwed with this post 03-06-2006 at 08:27 PM
jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:24 PM   #8
dakarboy
ugly and stupid

Oddometer: 1,408
alright, i will take the bait. why are you call this the ga vs nj dual sport ride?
dakarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:37 PM   #9
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Hi Jorge - see what you started? I'm even taking the old Yamaha out of hiding for this ride. No, Ray has nothing dirtworthy and he is not a huge fan of off road riding, although he and I do occasionally take the odd dirt or gravel road when we are out in the middle of nowhere.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:38 PM   #10
jorge
Studly Adventurer

why not...NJ riders are the best!

Naw i don't know...who named the thread? i think its safe to say the NJ ADV riders clearly dominate the East forum threads... the best rides,the best pics and well the best bikes! let the trash talkin' begin...LOL

Just kiddin' fellas... get a group ride going and take some pics and have some safe rides exploring the North GA mountains... get some good rides mapped out and we'll get a group to ride down from Jersey and we'll camp out in Dan's front Yard... the neighbors won't mind...
DRZ 400S '02
XR 650 L '97
--------------------
Old 03-06-2006, 08:43 PM   #11
dakarboy
ugly and stupid

Oddometer: 1,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge
Naw i don't know...who named the thread? i think its safe to say the NJ ADV riders clearly dominate the East forum threads... the best rides,the best pics and well the best bikes! let the trash talkin' begin...LOL

Just kiddin' fellas... get a group ride going and take some pics and have some safe rides exploring the North GA mountains... get some good rides mapped out and we'll get a group to ride down from Jersey and we'll camp out in Dan's front Yard... the neighbors won't mind...

i'm in, but only if we actually ride down, none of this pussy trailoring shit.
dakarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:59 PM   #12
jorge
Studly Adventurer

May 18th through the 21st...

Trailers are for boats Dakarboy... all ADV members know that... lets ride down...
DRZ 400S '02
XR 650 L '97
--------------------
Old 03-07-2006, 06:13 AM   #13
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,286
Thumb

Hiya Flux. If I can get out I would love to tag along. This is the busy season at work though so we will have to wait and see if I have to work.
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:47 PM   #14
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,614
It is the "vs Jersey" ride, due to the comments made by Jorge in the other thread. I felt obligated to defend our Beloved Southern Union! It is kind of an inside joke I guess. We should start a dual sport tv show and have the different regional forums all try to outdo each other from week to week in a contest to see WHO is the most craziest band of advriders the world has ever known! BWAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Anyway, to all that are riding so far: I haven't even looked at the weather yet. You know why? FUCK the weather, that's why!

Gonna be a good time.

Directions to my place:
Take HWY 9 through DOWNTOWN DAWSONVILLE. Go through the intesection of HWY 136 at the STOP SIGN. Continue NORTH on HWY 9 about 5 miles or so, my neighborhood is on the LEFT, "GREENWOOD PARK." The entrance has a white split rail fence. I am #130, a few down on the RIGHT. It'll be obvious!

My neighbors LOVE ME! :rabia They all think I am a huge redneck (never mind the fact I grew up in Alpharetta).

10 am we ride out. If you have any problems gimme a call. 706 216 8239. My girlfriend knows who Flux is.

...and so does yours! HAHA!
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:58 PM   #15
Dirtysouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
My girlfriend knows who Flux is...

She also knows who Dirtysouth is.