ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2006, 04:01 PM   #16
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,909
Weather is supposed to be wet maybe saturday which will add to the excitement sunday. Seriously if any of you guys are coming from different areas, you can meet up with me at the store in dawsonville, the one beside the pool hall or for those who don't know about the pool hall, it is the store nearest the new intersection. I think it is a citgo maybe. Anyway, I'll be there anywhere from 9:30-9:45 am. I'm leaving from cartersville if any of you guys want to meet up with me.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #17
Killer Whale KTM
Life is the adventure!

Oddometer: 712
Flux,
I'm planning to go ! soboy saved me a wasted trip to Marietta.(I thought the Int. motorcycle show was this weekend ) Anyway If scheduling keeps me from meeting at your place,I can meet y'all at Amicalola or something.Sounds like you've mapped a pretty good route. Hope the weather holds ! I'll check y'all later in the week. If I remember a camera, we can show those Jersey boy's a thing or to !
Looking forward to seeing Y'all (showin those Jersey boy's how to talk )
Killer Whale KTM
Old 03-07-2006, 04:05 PM   #18
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,623
BTW, PLEASE try to fill up in Dawsonville BEFORE you get to my place. There is not a convenient gas station for bit....

Dirty, we are going to see how that Strom handles water, boy!
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:08 PM   #19
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Whale KTM
Flux,
I'm planning to go ! soboy saved me a wasted trip to Marietta.(I thought the Int. motorcycle show was this weekend ) Anyway If scheduling keeps me from meeting at your place,I can meet y'all at Amicalola or something.Sounds like you've mapped a pretty good route. Hope the weather holds ! I'll check y'all later in the week. If I remember a camera, we can show those Jersey boy's a thing or to !
Looking forward to seeing Y'all (showin those Jersey boy's how to talk )
Killer Whale KTM
When you mentionned the show, I was like "Damn, already!?!?" Glad soboy saved us both!

Yup, a meeting at Amicalola could happen if need be. We CAN always take a slight detour (it's a fun detour, but you have to come back the same way...which is no biggie), see the falls, and meet you up near the top of the falls. When I first rode with Dirty, we went back there on our 400's, and Dirty fell under the most massive puddle I have ever laid witness to. I mean, he got COMPLETELY submerged! It was great. That's what you get for laughing at me when I tried to cross first, only to have to put my foot in the water!
Old 03-07-2006, 04:30 PM   #20
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
BTW, PLEASE try to fill up in Dawsonville BEFORE you get to my place. There is not a convenient gas station for bit....

Dirty, we are going to see how that Strom handles water, boy!

I was going to suggest for everyone to gas up beforehand so it won't eat up our ride time. As far as the strom handling the water, we'll see. You just be sitting there to catch me.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:34 PM   #21
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,286
I am really getting excited about this ride - I hope you guys don't mind an old fart on an old bike joining you. Plane crash site - how kool!
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:33 PM   #22
RobertB
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Ok, I'd like to get in on some of this action. If y'all don't mind a guy on a street legal dirtbike with a 60 mile range (between gas stops), dressed like he's ready to ride an enduro, I'd like to tag along.

I'd like to post the details of this ride on the Georgia Off Road D/S forum, if that's cool???

I'll be coming from Peachtree Shitty.
RobertB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:47 PM   #23
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soboy
I am really getting excited about this ride - I hope you guys don't mind an old fart on an old bike joining you. Plane crash site - how kool!
Well, while the plane crash site is cool, there is not actually a plane there anymore, but there is a plaque dedicated to the lost pilot.

Old fart, new fart. Point is...I just like farts. So yeah, you're good to go
Old 03-07-2006, 05:48 PM   #24
jorge
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 838
this is getting cool...

Dang it boyz, Y'all are makin' fun of how we talk up in Jersey but i am a good 'ol boy from the south too.. i was born in the last capital of the Confederacy... any history buffs care to name that city? There is a prize...

Shucks, i wish i could be there for this first official Geurilla ADV dual sport ride... best to plan to tresspass and ride on some Private Property too...just keeping the pressure on you guys... thats a standard operating procedure for da Jerzey Buuuooyzz... are you talkin' to me?
XR 650 '97
jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #25
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertB
Ok, I'd like to get in on some of this action. If y'all don't mind a guy on a street legal dirtbike with a 60 mile range (between gas stops), dressed like he's ready to ride an enduro, I'd like to tag along.

I'd like to post the details of this ride on the Georgia Off Road D/S forum, if that's cool???

I'll be coming from Peachtree Shitty.
Ptree Shitty...I know it well. Used to live there, and happy about as much liking for it as you apparently do.

You street legal dirtbike guys will be bored of waiting around on us slowpokes, but that's fine with me. What you riding? I am about to attempt a legalization of my 200 EXC. THEN we'll have some REAL fun.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:51 PM   #26
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge

Dang it boyz, Y'all are makin' fun of how we talk up in Jersey but i am a good 'ol boy from the south too.. i was born in the last capital of the Confederacy... any history buffs care to name that city? There is a prize...

Shucks, i wish i could be there for this first official Geurilla ADV dual sport ride... best to plan to tresspass and ride on some Private Property too...just keeping the pressure on you guys... thats a standard operating procedure for da Jerzey Buuuooyzz... are you talkin' to me?
Luckily we can have our fun without picking buckshot out of each other's asses at the end of the day!

The last capitol of the Confederacy? I have no idea, but then again I went to school for ART, so what do I know? Van Gogh. Yo.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:15 PM   #27
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
Ptree Shitty...I know it well. Used to live there, and happy about as much liking for it as you apparently do.

You street legal dirtbike guys will be bored of waiting around on us slowpokes, but that's fine with me. What you riding? I am about to attempt a legalization of my 200 EXC. THEN we'll have some REAL fun.
If they get bored I will gladly take them for a ride.
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:20 PM   #28
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge

If you mean the War Of Northern Agression, Danville Va. is usully named as the last capital: though Charlotte makes claims.
wpbarlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #29
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,039
Richmond if I recollect correctly. Damn, I'd like to go on this ride but the tires are shot and the bars are bent about 2 inches to the left after Saturday's little gravel shunt. Parts/tires may get here Friday but I was told not to expect them. Y'all are gonna have fun.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:37 PM   #30
Incabiker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,050
Sup Guys,
Noob here witha KLX 250s From down in Paulding County. This sounds very interesting and I would love to tag along. This new fart will probably ride with the old fart on the old bike just to cruise and enjoy the scenary up in the Jawja Mountains, plus I got 2 kids and a wife, so I can't do anything too crazy. I used to mountain bike up there alot and go kayaking in the Cartecay river, Hike blood mountain, that whole area has got to be my favorite place to go. Like I said I'm a noob who hasn't ridden a motorcycle since I was 10 (now 26) but I have been practicing the trails around here and driving on Dallas Highway is no joke, People are driving like they gotta take a shit and can't hold it no longer, and will run you over with out even thinking about it, its crazy out there. Anyways if weather permits, oh ya, fuck the weather right, then I think it would be a great ride. Any provisions I should bring along other then the obvious? How many people do we have going, should we all meet in his drive way, sounds like it will be crowded if we all meet there, just keep me updated with the latest info.

Incabiker screwed with this post 03-07-2006 at 06:45 PM
Incabiker is offline   Reply With Quote