ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2006, 04:38 PM   #61
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer: 4,865
OCF Rider Health check

Hey Fellas,

This is Mrs. OCF Rider (Sue)...

We just got home about 1/2 hour ago from the hospital.

Chris's Stats = 2 broken ribs, broken collar bone, broken scapula, and majorly bruised groin muscle, swollen right thumb, but most of all feeling very dumb about the whole event...

He's worn out -- the trip from the car into the house was pretty painful (that groin muscle)....

But knowing Chris I'm sure he will be providing his own status report tomorrow as soon as gets some sleep.

Thanks to you all - I really hope Orion is doing OK... Please let us know how he is doing (Walter - if you have his phone number we'd appreciate getting it so we can check on his status personally)...

Be safe guys!!
'75 Kawi 900 Z1...'90 Kawi ZX11...'03 Kawi ZRX 1200...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #62
CraigL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
videos

I'm glad Chris is back home--he really scared me. Hope Orion does ok with his arm.

Got some video here. Didn't spend a lot of time editing it, so it may be boring. No one complained last time about the file size or quality level, so will do the same again. Each file is about 5-6 minutes of video and about 25mb in size. It may help to store them locally and then view them.

We start with some dusty roads -

Movie A

Then we hit a dead end, a broken chain and some mud -

Movie B

A smooth powerline and a scenic donut break -

Movie C

Some RR tracks and a little air -

Movie D

Then we finished up with a little stroll down the walking path -

Movie E
Old 03-12-2006, 05:43 PM   #63
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 13,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot
Here's the problem Jason mentioned. It was pretty rocky, and I guess 7" of stroke just doesn't go far enough anymore
[/QUOTE]

The real problem is that Walter's still riding a bike around with a drum brake! Crazy!

Chris, Jolly, Orion, hope you fellas are feeling better. I was very upset to hear about all your bad luck.

later, barry
Old 03-12-2006, 07:49 PM   #64
NJCapoNut
Dirty Boy

Oddometer: 255
Thanks for the update Sue..... Rest up & heal guys, and Im sure we'll see you real soon.
Craig, The videos came out FANTASTIC...Thanks! I just watched them with my wife. She said it looked like so much fun that now she wants her own dual sport bike!

02 Aprilia Caponord
04 Aprilia Tuono
08 Honda ST1300A
NJCapoNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:05 PM   #65
nyc_gs
Lurker

Oddometer: 241
Nice Videos!

Craig...

Those videos are great. That's very cool. Thanks for putting them up.

-- Jason
nyc_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:00 AM   #66
wpbarlow OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,158
I nominate Craig as official ride videographer! Excellent!
wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:46 AM   #67
Greg Podlaski
fat ass

Oddometer: 353
camera setup

Craig

What kind of setup are you using for video(mini dv,lanc remote,camera resolution,mic placement)? Im looking in to setting up my own system and yours works very well.

Thanks Greg
Greg Podlaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:59 AM   #68
Jolly705
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,390
Thanks

Thanks everyone for your thougts. I am slowly healing thankfully I have the pics you posted to keep me entertained while I am stuck in the hospital, damn blackberry won't let me watch the video though.
Sounds like the other guy suffered simuler injuries. So far I pretty much shattered my shoulder, broke 4 ribs and a thumb. I guess it could be worse even though this def. Sucks! I wish everyone a speedy recovery and many more safe trips! I hope to make it to another ride with you guys in 2-3 months.
Jolly705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 06:11 AM   #69
Jolly705
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,390
Thanks

Thanks everyone for your thougts. I am slowly healing thankfully I have the pics you posted to keep me entertained while I am stuck in the hospital, damn blackberry won't let me watch the video though.
Sounds like the other guy suffered simuler injuries. So far I pretty much shattered my shoulder, broke 4 ribs and a thumb. I guess it could be worse even though this def. Sucks! I wish everyone a speedy recovery and many more safe trips! I hope to make it to another ride with you guys in 2-3 months.
Jolly705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:32 AM   #70
CraigL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Videos

Greg, I sent you a PM to answer yours, but I may as well repeat it here, for everyone:

I have an older Sony TRV-xx mini-dv camcorder in a pelican brand plastic box in my backpack. I run a lanc cable out the backpack and down my right arm (thru my jacket sleeve right now-I don't know how I'll do it when I don't wear the jacket in the summer). I secure it to the outside of the jacket on my right wrist so I can see the indicator light. The bullet camera on the side of my helmet is a cheap model off the internet a couple of years ago-I don't know the resolution-may be 380 tv lines. The microphone is sticking out a hole on the backpack, facing backwards. I wrapped it in some foam to cut wind noise. It sounded on the videos like it may have worked a little loose, because I heard a rubbing sound.

I had to do a lot of cable splicing to make this work. On my first attempts, the standard connectors would come loose during the ride and I would lose the picture signal, so I added BNC connectors. It's a pain though to get in and out of my helmet.

I just got a cheap $89 wireless setup off the net and am going to experiment with that this week. Hopefully it will remove some of the mess of wires around my neck area. I'll let you know how it works.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:26 AM   #71
NJCapoRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Excellent Ride/Video

Looks like I missed an awesome time. Although, the videos made me feel as though I was there. Great job.

Best wishes to Jolly705, OCF Rider & Orion for a fast recovery.

Hope to join you guys on the next outing.

Wayne

The destination is rarely as important as the ride!
NJCapoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 06:42 PM   #72
wpbarlow OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,158
Forgot the picture of the trailside repair. Just a precaution. Held till I got home

wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 06:43 PM   #73
MotoDuc
Parts Guy

Oddometer: 2
Get Well

Just got back from Daytona. Had a great time as always. Looks like you guys put together a good ride.
I hope all are feeling better after the unfortunate happenings at the beginning and end of the ride. Chris get well, and if you need anything give me a call at Honda/Suzuki. And yes I did have a Husaberg with a nickel plated frame. I needed something newer, lighter, and with that starter button.(Husky TE250). Husaberg was a great bike.
Hang in-Get Well-Keep in Touch

Bob S.

1993 Ducati 907ie
2006 DL 1000 VStrom
2006 Husky TE250
MotoDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:08 PM   #74
Greg Podlaski
fat ass

Oddometer: 353
cam

Craig

Thanks for the info,you have help norrow done my search.

Greg
Greg Podlaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:03 AM   #75
sperduton
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Excellent videos. Who da thunk there was that much dirt/dualsport roads in my area. Thanks for the vids. One of these days I'll get out for a ride with you guys.

Nick
sperduton is offline   Reply With Quote