Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2006, 05:47 AM   #16
Eurobiker
Vintage Cat Herder

Oddometer: 5,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1200gs
We sell and use the Stop and Go. One of the easiest to use and most efficent ways to seal a hole. None better I feel. Get an old tire and just try to use the BMW kit. Then try the Stop an Go. That should convince you before you are on a trail or a dark road at night cursing what BMW calls a tire repair kit. Don't forget some CO2 cartridges or a nice handy pump for reinflating the tire.
Steve
Beemers & more
Motorcycle
Works
Fort Collins, CO
Our local BMW club had a Tech session on this last month where we tried the Stop-N-Go, stock BMW kit and the rope plugs.

The Stop-N-Go worked well, as did the the rope plugs. The stock BMW kit needs to be upgraded, especially the Reamer tool. The reamer BMW provides is doing double duty with the plug tool and you can't get the reamer portion of the tool to penetrate deep enough to be effective. Go to the auto parts store and buy a seperate reaming tool and some rope plugs at a minimum. You may want to add the Stop-N-Go or the SNG Jr. model as well.

I also suggest carrying a 12 v. compressor. I've never had much luck with the CO2 carts.

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Eurobiker is offline   Reply With Quote