ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 05:57 AM   #15031
Ravyn
nubblies need to die!

Oddometer: 640
Wink Great morning!

Met a very nice gentleman on a yellow passport scooter today.
A very pleasant morning
Hollah nick2ny!
Aprilia Tuono, Aprilia Futura, BMW S1000RR, BMW K1200R, BMW K1200S, BMW R1100S, BMW R1100RS, BMW R1100GS, Ducati Multistrada 1200s, Ducati MTS 1000, Ducati M900s, Honda CBR600RR, Honda RC51, Honda VFR, Husqvarna SM610, KTM 990 Super Duke, KTM 950 ADV, KTM 450 EXC, Moto Guzzi Griso 8V Tenni, Triumph 1050 Speed Triple, Triumph Speed Triple 955, Yamaha WR250X

Ravyn screwed with this post 08-23-2012 at 08:46 AM
Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #15032
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahnovka View Post
leaving in Brooklyn Heights more than a year now, getting tired of having garage in Bensonhurst, I see GS on every block here, where you guys hiding it in winter? Is anyone here know about any shared garage in area?
I'm looking into a private garage in Queens right off the subway somewhere, the bike has been outside for years now. It look's like the going rate for a 1 car garage (private) with a garage opener is about $200. I'm sure I can get them down cheaper, I know some people in the area so ill have them ask around. Let me know if you're interested. I have an SV1000S and a Ninja 250 to park. I figured it would be better to look for them now than later.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:16 AM   #15033
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 11,969
Dereck Chaput (Twisted Throttle) / RIP

Saw this on my Twisted Throttle email today --

Former Merrimack man killed in CT cycle crash

GROTON, Conn. – Police continue to investigate a Monday accident that took the life of a former Merrimack man who graduated from Bishop Guertin High School.

Dereck “Chappy” Chaput, 28, was killed when the motorcycle he was operating collided with a truck at the intersection of Route 184 and Cow Hill Road in Groton, according to WTNH-TV Channel 8 in New Haven. The Day in New London reported that Chaput was wearing a helmet. Police told news outlets Chaput, who was alone on the cycle, sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/...-ct-cycle.html

Posting here, because TT is one of the big regional moto gear dealers, and if anyone has ever ordered anything from them, there's a chance you may have spoken to him.

One hell of a year for moto riding, eh?

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #15034
Ravyn
nubblies need to die!

Oddometer: 640
Thumbs down

That sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
Saw this on my Twisted Throttle email today --

Former Merrimack man killed in CT cycle crash

GROTON, Conn. – Police continue to investigate a Monday accident that took the life of a former Merrimack man who graduated from Bishop Guertin High School.

Dereck “Chappy” Chaput, 28, was killed when the motorcycle he was operating collided with a truck at the intersection of Route 184 and Cow Hill Road in Groton, according to WTNH-TV Channel 8 in New Haven. The Day in New London reported that Chaput was wearing a helmet. Police told news outlets Chaput, who was alone on the cycle, sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/...-ct-cycle.html

Posting here, because TT is one of the big regional moto gear dealers, and if anyone has ever ordered anything from them, there's a chance you may have spoken to him.

One hell of a year for moto riding, eh?
Aprilia Tuono, Aprilia Futura, BMW S1000RR, BMW K1200R, BMW K1200S, BMW R1100S, BMW R1100RS, BMW R1100GS, Ducati Multistrada 1200s, Ducati MTS 1000, Ducati M900s, Honda CBR600RR, Honda RC51, Honda VFR, Husqvarna SM610, KTM 990 Super Duke, KTM 950 ADV, KTM 450 EXC, Moto Guzzi Griso 8V Tenni, Triumph 1050 Speed Triple, Triumph Speed Triple 955, Yamaha WR250X
Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #15035
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,077
Anyone want a TDM850?
Currently being ridden by Wiseblood
Put my 92 in the flea market
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...9#post19428749
Old 08-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #15036
GHO100
Crazy George

Oddometer: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
Anyone want a TDM850?
Currently being FLATTENED by Wiseblood
Put my 92 in the flea market
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...9#post19428749

Fixt it for ya
www.NYMSTF.org - Support NY Riders!
GHO100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:05 AM   #15037
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 981
Fighting a lane splitting ticket?

Is there any chance of winning a lane-splitting ticket (I mean, should I bother fighting it)? Yes, I did split lanes. Granted, it was at a freakin' red light, and (as I told the cop- who was a complete bitch, and my girlfriend agreed) I didn't think it was safe to follow big trucks, so I wanted to get around him.
She said what I was doing wasn't safe, and motorcycles have to abide by the exact same traffic laws as cars. I asked how much $ and if points were involved, and she said she had no idea, and to "call DMV". I was like, really- you really don't know? Seriously?
Yeah, I'm pissed. It's not like I'm doing wheelies at 60mph while splitting lanes on the BQE (and wearing a pudding bowl on my head), while some jerkoff is filming me. I was going like 2mph where traffic was stopped.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:22 AM   #15038
TipsyMcStagger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancowboy View Post
if anyone is shopping for an 1150 GS adv, i just put mine up:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=818956
Replacing it?

Tipsy

"There's a plane! Where there's a plane there's probably a pilot! Where there's a pilot there must be a bar! I can finally get a drink!" - Brian from Family Guy
TipsyMcStagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:44 AM   #15039
thomas.tc.young
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayron View Post
Is there any chance of winning a lane-splitting ticket (I mean, should I bother fighting it)? Yes, I did split lanes. Granted, it was at a freakin' red light, and (as I told the cop- who was a complete bitch, and my girlfriend agreed) I didn't think it was safe to follow big trucks, so I wanted to get around him.
She said what I was doing wasn't safe, and motorcycles have to abide by the exact same traffic laws as cars. I asked how much $ and if points were involved, and she said she had no idea, and to "call DMV". I was like, really- you really don't know? Seriously?
Yeah, I'm pissed. It's not like I'm doing wheelies at 60mph while splitting lanes on the BQE (and wearing a pudding bowl on my head), while some jerkoff is filming me. I was going like 2mph where traffic was stopped.
Your going to have to spin a real good story as it is illegal regardless if your a hoodlum or law abiding citizen. Pushed into there? We're you trying to navigate over to another lane. Go with pics, a legal pad to write down the officers notes and show your serious. A lot of people say they believe it's wrong and expect to be ruled not guilty without doing anything. Be prepared.
thomas.tc.young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #15040
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Looks like some armed coward maniac just shot a whole bunch of people outside the Empire State Building.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #15041
thomas.tc.young
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 843
4 civilians plus the shooter shot. Pretty sure all minus the shooter are alive
thomas.tc.young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #15042
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.tc.young View Post
4 civilians plus the shooter shot. Pretty sure all minus the shooter are alive
Shooter is dead
Old 08-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #15043
rider257
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayron View Post
Hey, what's up guys new member to the adv been around a while but finally jumping in. Been riding in NYC since I got my license so I thought I would start here.

Just curious where you got your lane splitting ticket. So we can watch out. I got one on the UES crossing 96st I feel that the cops there are out to get bikers because Ive been pulled over there 3x more there than anywhere else in the city.
rider257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #15044
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,117
Disgruntled worker for Shanghai Import/Export company. 10 shot, 2 dead (shooter included). He did shoot one of his co-workers.
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #15045
existent80
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider257 View Post
Just curious where you got your lane splitting ticket. So we can watch out. I got one on the UES crossing 96st I feel that the cops there are out to get bikers because Ive been pulled over there 3x more there than anywhere else in the city.
Welcome, Rider!

I got mine a few years back E/B on 96th towards Lex, too! Again, just filtering up to the line to get away from buses and their 40' blind spots. The cop wrote down the wrong plate # and stated that I turned left on Lex (which is impossible) and the judge dismissed it.

For BroadwayRon, all I can say is, listen like the dickens when that cop spits out her mile-a-minute establishment of the facts in court; if she messes up the slightest thing, you could get it dismissed. Stand your ground and don't be afraid to have her repeat any facts. Good luck.
existent80 is offline   Reply With Quote