ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #15211
robfilms
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
a nice nite in nyc

bee-U-tea-full night to be riding a motorcycle in gotham.

there is a chill in the air i haven't felt in near six months.

man, i have work to do but i passed my exit and just kept going a few more miles so i can come around home the long way.

enjoy the night.

yup yup.

be well.

rob

robfilms screwed with this post 09-10-2012 at 09:07 PM
robfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:12 AM   #15212
hitmanlol
Cotor Myclist

Oddometer: 904
agreed, I had a great ride last night as well. Should be a good night at the EAR!
hitmanlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:19 AM   #15213
SPEIRMOOR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Rode back from NJ last night and just before the entrance of the Holland tunnel the view of downtown NYC was spectacular.
SPEIRMOOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #15214
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectaltronics View Post
First of all, yet another contraption to add to the motorcycle. It should not be a requisite to have to attach new gadgets to your bike in order to park in NYC.

Second, it's not like they make these contraptions available when you enter the city. When a visitor comes to the city on two wheels is there a dispenser containing these things at the entrances to the bridges and tunnels? Is there a sign indicating that you're going to need them? Are there dispensers for these contraptions on the meters? Do the traffic cops carry them around to give out to motorcyclists? Can you even ask for one when you go to administrative court? Fuck no! You have to write to NYC DOT to request one.

It is stupid. Other cities have installed electronic meters that work acceptably with motorcycles. They do exist already. It's not rocket science. The city knew this was a problem, is currently installing new, different electronic meters and those newer ones still do not work acceptably with motorcycles.

Cities which cannot be bothered to fix this oversight - at this point an intentional oversight - have made motorcycle parking free. I don't see why we can't.

As far as I'm concerned this law does not even apply to me. The law specifies that I must place the receipt on my dashboard. I do not have a dashboard. Fuck this place.

Yesterday I saw a scooter that had a fake license plate inside one of those pull-a-plate things. There was a parking summons that featured the fake registration. I'm lovin' it!
Recently got the bike out to the city and about the third time I parked out front I saw a meter maid and cornered her for info straight from the horses mouth. (Actually, she wasn't that ugly)

Cover your bike. According to her, they won't touch it. Metered parking, sidewalk (as long as its not blocking any access) whatever. If its got a cover (and not place to attach ticket, they leave it alone.

Yesterday, I parked on 3rd ave 76th for a Dr appt. bought a ticket and put it in my wallet (cause the mc riding doorman next door told me people stole them off you bike of you attached them). Went into a bodega for a water, MMs hiving do I went and showed them my receipt. Tore up ticket and advised me to take my plate off. They can't write tix with no registration. (next time I take to a MM I'm going to "Voice Memo" it).

Come out 15 min later and ANOTHER MM had written me a ticket caught another and said WTF? Told me to mail tic in with receipt and check "Other/MC."

YMMV

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #15215
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned this law does not even apply to me. The law specifies that I must place the receipt on my dashboard. I do not have a dashboard. Fuck this place.
Meet me at the Ear tonight and I'll buy you a beer to drown your sorrows. Will be wearing a grey "CR&S" t shirt.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
Old 09-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #15216
thomas.tc.young
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
Meet me at the Ear tonight and I'll buy you a beer to drown your sorrows. Will be wearing a grey "CR&S" t shirt.
Free beer for all FF's?
thomas.tc.young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #15217
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,117
Hey Thomas,

I had a visitor this weekend with your twin:

TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #15218
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Oddometer: 9,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
That's a plan!
Old 09-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #15219
thomas.tc.young
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn View Post
Hey Thomas,

I had a visitor this weekend with your twin:

is he gonna be at the ear tonight? should i put on my milk crate for kicks? i thoughts klr's exist only to do wheelies around brooklyn.
thomas.tc.young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #15220
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Oddometer: 9,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.tc.young View Post
is he gonna be at the ear tonight? should i put on my milk crate for kicks? i thoughts klr's exist only to do wheelies around brooklyn.
No, that's what Yamaha's Banshees are for.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #15221
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Quote:
Free beer for all FF's?
I could probably stand a round without breaking the bank. Worse comes to worse, I found a sweet new "camping spot" in Central Park today!

Old 09-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #15222
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Nah, he took off for CT and RI on Sunday night. He might join me on the Berkshire ride on Sunday. If he comes back to stay with us I'll make sure to bring him to the Ear. Enjoy your evening!!!
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #15223
uxc
adventure nerd

Oddometer: 1,340
uxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:36 AM   #15224
Ravyn
nubblies need to die!

Oddometer: 640
Thumb

Phenomenal shot, uxc

The best memorial ever…
Aprilia Tuono, Aprilia Futura, BMW S1000RR, BMW K1200R, BMW K1200S, BMW R1100S, BMW R1100RS, BMW R1100GS, Ducati Multistrada 1200s, Ducati MTS 1000, Ducati M900s, Honda CBR600RR, Honda RC51, Honda VFR, Husqvarna SM610, KTM 990 Super Duke, KTM 950 ADV, KTM 450 EXC, Moto Guzzi Griso 8V Tenni, Triumph 1050 Speed Triple, Triumph Speed Triple 955, Yamaha WR250X
Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #15225
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
I might as well share too: