ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 06:28 AM   #15226
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
Hey guys how long are hotel loading zones?

I got harassed by the doorman to move my bike (I parked 15 ft from the hotel awning and bars, next to two other bikes. I park there all the time, and the last time I was there the door man told me to move it 15ft in the opposite side of the hotel awning (which made no sense) which I did just to be nice. Today he came out and I was running late to a meeting (and there was a big delivery truck blocking their entrance) so I told him I couldn't do it (parked next to two bikes again). He told me I will be sorry lol then the security guy came out and started yelling at me and barking orders to MOVE IT, I laughed at his bad english and he told me he'll tow me... so I told him to go for it and went to my meeting.

I figured ill go check on it later, but everyday I walk by there during lunch and there's 5-6 bikes parked there. I guess all they can do is call 311 or the cops, im not blocking the entrance by far. Plate is pulled and disc lock on...
Old 09-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #15227
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Oddometer: 9,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domiken View Post
Hey guys how long are hotel loading zones?.
However long the signage installed by the DOT indicates.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #15228
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectaltronics View Post
However long the signage installed by the DOT indicates.
No sign, just a no standing sign with multimeter right behind the bike. There's a bunch of cars and commercial trucks and stuff parked all over. Bike is 15ft from the awning of the hotel, I think they just don't like having bikes parked anywhere near the entrance. There's a coffee shop owner that parks his Vespa there everyday, I remember the last time the doorman told me to move it (when I did) he mentioned we don't mind the coffee shop owner (when I asked about him), "but we can't be having 10 bikes parked near the entrance" (which is understandable). I'll just wait for the consequences I guess.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #15229
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,118
Quote:
No sign, just a no standing sign with multimeter right behind the bike. There's a bunch of cars and commercial trucks and stuff parked all over. Bike is 15ft from the awning of the hotel, I think they just don't like having bikes parked anywhere near the entrance. There's a coffee shop owner that parks his Vespa there everyday, I remember the last time the doorman told me to move it (when I did) he mentioned we don't mind the coffee shop owner (when I asked about him), "but we can't be having 10 bikes parked near the entrance" (which is understandable). I'll just wait for the consequences I guess.
Pay attention to the signs (as Rectal indicated). Just because there are cars or bikes parked there doesn't mean it's legal. If there is a sign indicating hotel loading zone then you cannot park there, if no sign and you are in a legal spot they cannot make you move.

What's the address so we can check streetview and tell you if you are ok or not.
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #15230
Sckill
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Domiken,

By any chance are you talking about Macchiato and the Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel? If so, the hotel doorman also asked me to move this morning, but luckily there was space open to the left of the hotel entrance.
Sckill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #15231
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckill View Post
Domiken,

By any chance are you talking about Macchiato and the Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel? If so, the hotel doorman also asked me to move this morning, but luckily there was space open to the left of the hotel entrance.
So if that's the place then there is a Hotel Loading Zone sign, so you guys are parked in the Loading Zone?
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #15232
Sckill
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm not at least. I'm right outside of it next to another bike and scooter. There was one bike parked within the loading zone when I got in this morning at 9 and that guy had a ticket though.
Sckill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #15233
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm not at least. I'm right outside of it next to another bike and scooter. There was one bike parked within the loading zone when I got in this morning at 9 and that guy had a ticket though.
Yes it is, I parked next to a bike with a plate on it. I am on the borderline of the loading zone (just saw it) on google maps, maybe a few inches in but im not sure until I go out for lunch. I doubt I got the ticket, no plate and no vin visible (vin is under fairings), but you never know.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #15234
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Oddometer: 9,999
Quote:
Yes it is, I parked next to a bike with a plate on it. I am on the borderline of the loading zone (just saw it) on google maps, maybe a few inches in but im not sure until I go out for lunch. I doubt I got the ticket, no plate and no vin visible (vin is under fairings), but you never know.
Stay out of the loading zone. This is a space that the hotel owners had to petition for. It doesn't just get handed out automatically. It is there to make life easier for people checking into and out of the hotel, retrieving their vehicles from the hotel's lot, etc.

If the doorman gives you shit about being close to the loading zone it's too fucking bad but bear in mind that the daytime parking regulations on the rest of that street still don't allow you to park there, so why make enemies.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #15235
Sckill
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
So I guess it was your kawi with the ticket then. Sucks.

Fyi, i'm riding the silver 919 with the f'ed up givi top case. I usually park next to the blue scooter in front of chipotle. Let's try to keep an eye on each others bikes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #15236
Ravyn
nubblies need to die!

Oddometer: 641
As Rectaltronics stated, Commercial metered parking = not a legal spot. Be careful -you will get a ticket.
Aprilia Tuono, Aprilia Futura, BMW S1000RR, BMW K1200R, BMW K1200S, BMW R1100S, BMW R1100RS, BMW R1100GS, Ducati Multistrada 1200s, Ducati MTS 1000, Ducati M900s, Honda CBR600RR, Honda RC51, Honda VFR, Husqvarna SM610, KTM 990 Super Duke, KTM 950 ADV, KTM 450 EXC, Moto Guzzi Griso 8V Tenni, Triumph 1050 Speed Triple, Triumph Speed Triple 955, Yamaha WR250X
Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #15237
robfilms
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Quote:

Fyi, i'm riding the silver 919 with the f'ed up givi top case. I usually park next to the blue scooter in front of chipotle. Let's try to keep an eye on each others bikes.

i like 919s.

good bike.

be well.

rob
robfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #15238
hitmanlol
Cotor Myclist

Oddometer: 907
Talk to the hotel guy and try to reason with him. Mention that you understand the importance of the loading zone and you would like to figure out what is OK with him. Remember, he's out on the street all day and so is your bike. You're not.
hitmanlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #15239
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Thanks guys. I eventually saw that I was in the loading zone next to the sign during lunch but whatever no worries. The ticket was hand written by a cop using my vin and he mixed up a few characters and has brutal handwriting (vin hard to read on ninja 250 with the locked bars) but he almost got it.

I never ever park there (once a month maybe) so I don't care about the whole situation. I am 4 for 4 now on tickets (won, dismissed, defective) so I guess being a good person (karma or something) is working out.

I typically respect the rules but I had a very important meeting to make and having a 25yr old ghetto Indian guy security dude talking down to me was going to warrant a helmet to the head so I walked away.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #15240
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Quote:

Nice bike man, I've def seen it there for weeks. I'll still keep an eye out for you. I don't know if you've seen the guy with the w650 under the bridge on 45th, he's between the no standing sign and the white pedestrian lines and he's never been ticketed, is that legal? The space across from him is always open, I'm so tempted.. But it's such a high traffic area.