ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #15511
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 22,496
Just remember the carb mainfold has to come off the head to get the valve cover off. it looks like it wont make a difference but it does

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #15512
Speedo66
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,891
Fully enclosed gyro stabilized electric bike, $24K

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/11/te....html?hpw&_r=0

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #15513
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,581
harley riders

bu, bu , but someone stole my ticket
Old 10-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #15514
BushwickKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadNunez View Post
Thanks dudes for the offers. I just downloaded a service manual online that is very clear with color pictures and step bye step instructions. I'm gonna try and get my hands dirty on her. If anything puzzles me I'll ask over at the XRL forum. If for some reason she ain't done bye then I'll be sure to hit you up. It gets pretty messy on long, highway rides and drips a good amount of oil when parked after a ride. Still runs like a champ though. I just rode her up from Georgia. Leak and all never hiccuped. Back tire was getting sprayed with oil though. Which was a little dodgy . She was parked for 6 months due to issues with an ex and fired right up with a boost. These bikes are amazing. Thanks again guys, feel free to pm me if you need to use any of the tools I mentioned earlier.
I have the service manual that you can borrow and have a filter for the XR that I was about to throw out. You can have the filter. If I weren't so busy I'd offer to help as I've done it before but my free time is non existent.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:46 AM   #15515
Speedo66
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,891
Times article on free motorcycle parking at Muni Meters

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/12/ny...l?ref=nyregion

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #15516
NomadNunez
Driftwood

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
Just remember the carb mainfold has to come off the head to get the valve cover off. it looks like it wont make a difference but it does
I'll keep that in mind Kenny, thanks for the insight
NomadNunez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #15517
NomadNunez
Driftwood

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwickKLR View Post
I have the service manual that you can borrow and have a filter for the XR that I was about to throw out. You can have the filter. If I weren't so busy I'd offer to help as I've done it before but my free time is non existent.
Already downloaded the manual yesterday and ordered a uni filter as well as the smog block off kit, flush mount taillight, flush mount turn signals, Fmf jet kit, and performance slip on. What kind of filter do you have? If its a K&N i might be interested to compare it with the uni. Thanks
NomadNunez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:08 AM   #15518
Skuli
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
I find other people cramming their bike into the spot where I am parked is really annoying. Especially to the point that I can't get on my bike nor move it. Drives me crazy. Everyone just needs to show a bit more respect for others.

-b
Old 10-12-2012, 06:35 AM   #15519
BushwickKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadNunez View Post
Already downloaded the manual yesterday and ordered a uni filter as well as the smog block off kit, flush mount taillight, flush mount turn signals, Fmf jet kit, and performance slip on. What kind of filter do you have? If its a K&N i might be interested to compare it with the uni. Thanks
Sorry its not an air filter. Its an oil filter from Honda.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #15520
existent80
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Here's a roundup of the articles on Int-0860 (exempting motorcycles & scooters from paying at muni-meters because there's no place to put the receipt)

New York Times "Councilman Proposes a Bill to Let Motorcyclists Park for Free"

NY1: "Motorcyclists Claim it is Hard to Attach Muni-Meter Receipts to Bikes"

Daily News: "Motorcyclists -- Including some Queens Politicians -- are Revving Mad over 'Unfair' Parking Tickets"

DNAInfo: "Motorcycles Should Park for Free, Bike-Loving Pols Say"

Streets Blog: Peter Vallone and Michael DenDekker to City: Gimme Gimme Gimme

So, guys & gals, it looks like this bill has "legs". If you haven't written your city council member yet - what are you waiting for? If you have, forward them one of these articles and ask them what the status is. Are they willing to sign on as a sponsor? To set up a meeting with to discuss it? We get one shot at this...

existent80 screwed with this post 10-12-2012 at 12:27 PM
existent80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #15521
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 5,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by existent80 View Post
Here's a roundup of the articles on Int-0860 (exempting motorcycles & scooters from paying at muni-meters because there's no place to put the receipt)

New York Times "Councilman Proposes a Bill to Let Motorcyclists Park for Free"

NY1: "Motorcyclists Claim it is Hard to Attach Muni-Meter Receipts to Bikes"

Daily News: "Motorcyclists -- Including some Queens Politicians -- are Revving Mad over 'Unfair' Parking Tickets"

DNAInfo: "Motorcycles Should Park for Free, Bike-Loving Pols Say"

So, guys & gals, it looks like this bill has "legs". If you haven't written your city council member yet - what are you waiting for? If you have, forward them one of these articles and ask them what the status is. Are they willing to sign on as a sponsor? To set up a meeting with to discuss it? We get one shot at this...
Writing more than one can never hurt. I wrote to the one for my residence, one where I work, and one where I "shop" and mentioned that muni-meters stop me from spending money in their community. I am not sure how honest it is but a cut and paste email to anywhere where you "might" shop but can't because of the fear of muni-meter tickets. The more council members hear from the better the chances are of them paying attention to it.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #15522
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,299
Hey Rich, any way you can list the email addresses you sent emails to?

Also, I assume that if passed, the free parking in commercial areas is only if I was on a commercial motorcycle? Ie midtown and the like. Not paying $200 a month in a midtown garage to commute would be amazing.

"we as riders stick together as no matter what ur race maybe!!!!"
devo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #15523
existent80
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Sadly, there is no such thing as a commercial motorcycle; the plates aren't issued by the DMV. The NYMSTF made some inquiries in Albany to see if they could be made available (for couriers, consultants and the like), but got nowhere with it.

So Int-0860 would mean exemption from parking at regular muni-meters, not the commercial-only zones.

The people who have the power to do something about this bill sit on the Transportation Committee. These are the members of the Transportation Committee.

If you send an e-mail, CC it to action@nymstf.org so we can help you with follow-up.
existent80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #15524
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 5,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post

Also, I assume that if passed, the free parking in commercial areas is only if I was on a commercial motorcycle? Ie midtown and the like. Not paying $200 a month in a midtown garage to commute would be amazing.
I did it through here
http://council.nyc.gov/html/members/members.shtml
Click on a member and then their email address pops up on the lower right side of their bio.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #15525
rutard
Magnanimous Madcap

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post

Gail Brewer: gbrewer@council.nyc.gov
Also, CC Will Colegrove (her Dir. of Legislation): wcolegrove@council.nyc.gov

From what I understand, commercial muni-meter parking will still be off-limits. That is unless you've found a way to get a commercial moto plate.
rutard is offline   Reply With Quote