ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #15586
DavidBanner
Banned

Oddometer: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0ne View Post
So, I don't know if you guys have read this post or not but, this is my current status: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=11

Since all I have to prove the bike is mine is the title (signed over) and a handwritten bill of sale, I was left without a license plate to drive it home. So, someone told me that you can "borrow" plates from friends and so you appear on the up-and-up. Of course I'd never do this...

I went back to Brooklyn via the L (past midnight, that train is a nightmare... first, it runs every 22mins, so if you miss it, you're f'ed and, at odd-hours in the morning, those overpaid MTA union'ers powerwash the entire platforms which causes the trains to INCH from station to station to make sure that no half-tard (not smart enough to be a full-on retard) left his lunch pail on the track. So, I took the cover off my friend's bike and started to screw his plate back on and have my headphones in and I hear "WHOOPWHOOP" and an unmarked Impala rolls up and both doors open with plain-clothed officers.

"Hey Mr. Suspicious, whatcha doin' there?" (direct quote, I kinda laughed because I knew I was doing nothing wrong...)
"I'm putting a plate back on my friend's bike."
"Putting it BACK on? Where is your friend?"
"Yeh, he's sleeping and I didn't want to wake him because he let me [I stopped myself there from self-incrimination and just trailed off]"

Went through the whole check my ID, yadda yadda and, I guess because I look to not be a motorcycle thief (reverse profiling? ) They didn't think twice about my story. FWIW, I still had my jacket & gloves on and they could see my mega dorky argyle sweater and collared shirt from my open jacket.

you wouldn't happen to be white, would you?
DavidBanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #15587
z0ne
~santoku samuri~

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBanner View Post
you wouldn't happen to be white, would you?
Actually, I'm more of an American Eagle khaki , if you wanna get specific. Add a slight hint of Copper River salmon during summer months. ;] I'm of Danish heritage!

'93 CB750
z0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #15588
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,315
Danish? I love Danish, especially prune.

Been over there? København is one of my favorite cities, been there literally about 10 times. Also home to some of the best looking (and nicest) women I've ever seen.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #15589
rutard
Magnanimous Madcap

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Actually, I'm more of an American Eagle khaki , if you wanna get specific. Add a slight hint of Copper River salmon during summer months. ;] I'm of Danish heritage!

To answer Mr. Banner's question succinctly: Yes, he's a cracker.

...and also a Danish Samuri
rutard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #15590
DavidBanner
Banned

Oddometer: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutard View Post

lucky gues.
DavidBanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #15591
z0ne
~santoku samuri~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
Danish? I love Danish, especially prune.

Been over there? København is one of my favorite cities, been there literally about 10 times. Also home to some of the best looking (and nicest) women I've ever seen.
Yep, of course I've been back to the "motherland" Yes, KBH is lovely. We danksefolk tend to be friendly, I guess... I mean, I'm no NSDAP, but I am a NYC'er

Also, yes, this is my childhood home: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=50+C.+...nmark&t=m&z=16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutard View Post

Who doesn't enjoy Ritz? Or, while we're on the topic of Danmark, why not one of these old-lady-cookies?

As for the "samuri" part: I cook. I'm an exec chef in the LES & will soon be making a move to private catering for Boulud! If you Google "santoku," it's a style of knife. IMO, it's the perfect general-purpose style blade, second to maybe a Nakiri...

These are mine... (stock images)
Shun Nakiri

&

Miyabi Santoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBanner View Post
lucky gues.
People not liking while people... Whhaaaa? I've never heard of such reverse racism...

'93 CB750

z0ne screwed with this post 10-26-2012 at 02:12 PM
Old 10-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #15592
z0ne
~santoku samuri~

So, what are your guy's plans to do with your bikes during this massive storm we're supposed to have?

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day...+NY+10016:4:US Looks like Sunday/Monday/Tuesday is when we're supposed to be BUFU'd the most with rain.

'93 CB750
Old 10-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #15593
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,315
Forget the rancid butter cookies, Anton Berg chocolates and marzipan please.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #15594
z0ne
~santoku samuri~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
Forget the rancid butter cookies, Anton Berg chocolates and marzipan please.
Yeh, to tell you the truth, I don't really remember ever seeing that brand of cookie in any of my time spent in Danmark. Seems they export them all to UK & US... Everyone's grandmother just makes their own for dinner. It's a thirty second recipe that everyone "has the best recipe," as every food culture has.

I've had Anthonberg before. My first time was when my dad got a box for my mom for her birthday when I was young. Then I had given them to girlfriends, trying not to become Augustus Gloop...

(one of my favorite movies of all time, btw)

Also... can't forget about licorice! And, to add to your KPH comment: Swedish girls always ferry into the nightclubs on the weekends... Easy pickin's ...

'93 CB750
Old 10-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #15595
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Oddometer: 9,855
Quote:
So, what are your guy's plans to do with your bikes during this massive storm we're supposed to have?

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day...+NY+10016:4:US Looks like Sunday/Monday/Tuesday is when we're supposed to be BUFU'd the most with rain.
I'll be keeping it at the Hilton Garden Inn's garage in Secaucus.

I'll be stuck there with some colleagues through the duration because they're afraid my client nearby is going to get flooded.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #15596
dinocarsfast
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:

I will probably take my car and my girls bike inland to NJ. I'm not to worried about my bike, it already has a dent in the gas-tank dont think it could get to much worse.
What is everyone else doing?
dinocarsfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #15597
dinocarsfast
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Oh and btw I'm new to this forum, but I live in Brooklyn and ride a sv650n
dinocarsfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #15598
z0ne
~santoku samuri~

Where in BK? I moved from the Lorimer St stop L to Manhattan & regret it. Same money, smaller space, slightly more convenient, but much more douchebaggery... lest the hipster levels of douchebaggery, of course.

I think I'll ride mine through the Holland Tunnel (should be a fun 1st experience) to my parent's place in central NJ.

'93 CB750
Old 10-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #15599
mimo523
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Harley

I I was traveling in Romania, (unfortunately not on my bike, yet), and saw this bike parked so I stopped to take a picture and the owner was nearby. He told me he bought it in the UK, it was used in the British military. I never knew Harley made an adv bike.
mimo523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #15600
BushwickKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,560
Quote:

I will be riding it to and from work everyday...