ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #15751
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by LusterBroil View Post
It's definitely needed- We just dropped a load of supplies off in Rockaway.
People were asking for more flashlights, batteries, water, baby needs, candles, pet food, toilet paper, flashlights, flashlights, flashlights. Blankets too. Clothing was secondary to these things.

There was a large collection point in Broad Channel too.
how was the trip out there? as far as accessibility.

tomorrow due to the amount of stuff we gathered in addition to a hand carry via staten island ferry, a bicycle brigade of 15 bikes with trailers, i am also taking a trip out there with a 15' box truck. i have a 24 hour rental on the truck and am willing to take a trip out to the rockaways late afternoon if i had stuff to take and can get there by truck. checking twitter feeds and other social channels to see if i can find the goods. donations to cover fuel appreciated if additional trips happen.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #15752
LusterBroil OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by rthuey View Post
how was the trip out there? as far as accessibility.

tomorrow due to the amount of stuff we gathered in addition to a hand carry via staten island ferry, a bicycle brigade of 15 bikes with trailers, i am also taking a trip out there with a 15' box truck. i have a 24 hour rental on the truck and am willing to take a trip out to the rockaways late afternoon if i had stuff to take and can get there by truck. checking twitter feeds and other social channels to see if i can find the goods. donations to cover fuel appreciated if additional trips happen.
Getting out there was no problem. Bridges open, no tolls. light traffic. We took the Cross Bay through Broad Channel, it was little slow through the town because of debris.
This is the site where we got information on pick up locations and drop off points. https://astoria.recovers.org/

The truck would be a huge help in getting stuff out there.

LusterBroil screwed with this post 11-04-2012 at 07:30 AM
LusterBroil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #15753
cantseejack
woop woop

Oddometer: 79
Well, no luck with the armory situation.

I have a car and would be willing to make a run into Rockaway or SI tomorrow, but no fuel.

EDIT: Is there gas on the CT border?

cantseejack screwed with this post 11-03-2012 at 11:47 PM
cantseejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #15754
z0ne
~santoku samuri~

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by uxc View Post
Anybody try riding the Lincoln Tunnel on a motorcycle today with the new HOV restrictions?
I did! I went to central NJ to visit my parents who have a generator and help out. It was SO cool driving through the tunnel. Maybe it was sheer luck or the time of day but there was NO ONE in my lane from one end to the other. WOT in 3rd gear =

I'm glad everyone is okay. My area was, like, the last area in Manhattan to get power back. I'm on 33rd St and they had restored 31st & south and 39th & north. Very frustrating.

'93 CB750
z0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:11 AM   #15755
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantseejack View Post

I have a car and would be willing to make a run into Rockaway or SI tomorrow, but no fuel.

The gas stations on the Palisades pkwy were open since Friday ( right off the GWB). Most gas stations are open by me, just long lines (30 to 60 min wait).

Ii heard Norwalk had gas and Westchestee (not much waiting).
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:06 AM   #15756
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,812
I waited 45 minutes for gas yesterday, there were lines in Ardsley and Elmsford, also 30 to 60 minutes. Forget about Yonkers, and I heard it was a 10 block wait yesterday at places in the Bronx. Police is about directing traffic around the large lines, just call before you go.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #15757
DavidBanner
Banned

Oddometer: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantseejack View Post

CT has plenty of gas.
DavidBanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #15758
nick2ny
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 545
I'm in line in Crown Heights on Bedford Avenue. Bring a gas can and I'll fill it up for you. Limit 2 cans total, so let me know...

-Nick

nine wun seben, seben oh fife, KNOB.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:33 AM   #15759
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
Anybody want some discounted cash

I have a $230 pretax balance on my commuter parking card and will no longer be commuting via bike. The debit card can only be used at parking locations so I'll be unable to withdraw the cash. I figure someone here uses a garage so perhaps for one month you'd like to use my card instead and pay me in cash 75% of what you deduct? I figure that is a win win for both of us, shoot me a pm if interested
They deducted more money from my paycheck, now up to $350 if anyone is interested.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #15760
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Just any FYI, gas lines are back to normal on the Palisades Parkway by the GWB (7am).

TengaiJohn screwed with this post 11-05-2012 at 08:29 AM
Old 11-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #15761
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 12,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn View Post
Just any FYI, lines are back to normal on the Palisades Parkway by the GWB (7am).
Gas lines, you mean?

I figure, after today I'll either have to take the train until the gas situation works itself out, or start siphoning the gas from the car.

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:44 AM   #15762
macutan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Parking spots around Bryant Park

Hey guys,

On the back of the storm I have started to commute by moto to city. While I was able to park with no problem (ie.: fines) in front of our offices in Bryant Park last week (commercial mettered parking area), I do not think I will be as lucky this week as things seem, somehow, back to normal around here.

Any area that you guys recommend I could leave my moto around here?

Thx
Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #15763
hitmanlol
Cotor Myclist

Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by macutan View Post
Hey guys,

On the back of the storm I have started to commute by moto to city. While I was able to park with no problem (ie.: fines) in front of our offices in Bryant Park last week (commercial mettered parking area), I do not think I will be as lucky this week as things seem, somehow, back to normal around here.

Any area that you guys recommend I could leave my moto around here?

Thx
That's not legal parking. I park on 44 bet 9+10. I think there's legal stuff on the east side - check www.primospot.com
hitmanlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #15764
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LusterBroil View Post
Getting out there was no problem. Bridges open, no tolls. light traffic. We took the Cross Bay through Broad Channel, it was little slow through the town because of debris.
This is the site where we got information on pick up locations and drop off points. https://astoria.recovers.org/

The truck would be a huge help in getting stuff out there.
Thanks for the info!!!

I am planning on heading over tomorrow morning and helping with delivering supplies to the Rockaways along with driving a few volunteers.

Thanks again!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #15765
Ravyn
nubblies need to die!

Oddometer: 643
Thumb

I'm in the same boat.
Thank goodness for my bicycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
I figure, after today I'll either have to take the train until the gas situation works itself out, or start siphoning the gas from the car.
Aprilia Tuono, Aprilia Futura, BMW S1000RR, BMW K1200R, BMW K1200S, BMW R1100S, BMW R1100RS, BMW R1100GS, Ducati Multistrada 1200s, Ducati MTS 1000, Ducati M900s, Honda CBR600RR, Honda RC51, Honda VFR, Husqvarna SM610, KTM 990 Super Duke, KTM 950 ADV, KTM 450 EXC, Moto Guzzi Griso 8V Tenni, Triumph 1050 Speed Triple, Triumph Speed Triple 955, Yamaha WR250X
Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote