ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #15931
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored
 
HaChayalBoded's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: BRC \ NYC
Oddometer: 7,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn View Post
....coming off the GWB onto the HHP ramp. Cabbie is in left lane, I'm in right lane next to him. Traffic in front of him slows down so he decides to pull into my lane, I try move to the shoulder and pull away.... he taps me on the rear left Pelican case.... bike goes left, then right, then left, I see the barriers in front of me and straighten her out. I get to a safe spot on the shoulder and pull over thinking the bastard was gonna stop.... yeah right! He keeps going and yells out the window "Sorry!". I get behind him and memorize his plate (1P97), follow him for a while and then finally calm down and realized how lucky I was not to have gone down. In the end I took off and he got off at 125th.

Be careful out there!!! I'm SOOOO glad I had those shitty cases!!!
oh my god John, I'm so glad you're still here to joke about it. I would bash the fuckers door and window in. A buddy of mine has these flashy gloves with titanium knuckles, I've seen him shatter a side window of a car with them on. maybe you should get a pair of those.....
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #15932
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer
 
Lil' Steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Da Bronx, NYC
Oddometer: 3,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by rthuey View Post
have you been hanging around that roy guy? wtf u talking about willis?
Coffee.
__________________
Steve
07 KLX250S w/300 kit, 05 DR650SE, 04 XT225
99 VFR800 w/870 kit, 96 GPz1100
Lil' Steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #15933
BushwickKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
BushwickKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Bushwick, Brooklyn
Oddometer: 1,537
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQd2yQcG0kc&sns=em
__________________
IBA# 53755
Feel free to add us at www.facebook.com/DieHardRyders
BushwickKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #15934
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer
 
TengaiJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tappan, NY
Oddometer: 3,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwickKLR View Post
I saw those guys last Saturday on my 4th trip to the Rockaways. Good to see some MC guys get involved and help other folks.
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #15935
BushwickKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
BushwickKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Bushwick, Brooklyn
Oddometer: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn View Post
I saw those guys last Saturday on my 4th trip to the Rockaways. Good to see some MC guys get involved and help other folks.
I was there too with my wife. We did our best to help but so much more is needed...
__________________
IBA# 53755
Feel free to add us at www.facebook.com/DieHardRyders
BushwickKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #15936
Detale
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Oddometer: 165
I was off from work last week so I tried to volunteer twice in Red Hook bk and was turned away. They said they didn't need anymore people. My sister in law did get a spot and her job was to kick the scamming 5hitheads out of line they caught lining up multiple times a day for the same cleaning supplies. Mops, brooms etc. I'd be SOOO much better at that then her!!!
Detale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:41 AM   #15937
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer
 
TengaiJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tappan, NY
Oddometer: 3,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detale View Post
I was off from work last week so I tried to volunteer twice in Red Hook bk and was turned away. They said they didn't need anymore people. My sister in law did get a spot and her job was to kick the scamming 5hitheads out of line they caught lining up multiple times a day for the same cleaning supplies. Mops, brooms etc. I'd be SOOO much better at that then her!!!
I worked the line the Friday after Thanksgiving (read here) and noticed only a few people get back into the line, it wasn't a big deal since we had plenty of supplies and nobody told me to kick them out. One good thing about working the line is that I met a few families that needed help, so I wrote down their numbers and asked them for a list of stuff they needed. This past saturday we went back out with my wife to deliver items and volunteer at the same church (St. gertrude's on Beach 38th).

Nef, were you guys on Beach Channel between 50th and 70th??? I can't remember the exact address but I remember seeing the bikes, vests and yellow shirts.
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:15 AM   #15938
BushwickKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
BushwickKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Bushwick, Brooklyn
Oddometer: 1,537
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn View Post
I worked the line the Friday after Thanksgiving (read here) and noticed only a few people get back into the line, it wasn't a big deal since we had plenty of supplies and nobody told me to kick them out. One good thing about working the line is that I met a few families that needed help, so I wrote down their numbers and asked them for a list of stuff they needed. This past saturday we went back out with my wife to deliver items and volunteer at the same church (St. gertrude's on Beach 38th).

Nef, were you guys on Beach Channel between 50th and 70th??? I can't remember the exact address but I remember seeing the bikes, vests and yellow shirts.
Yup. Beach Channel and 59th. On the same property as the Post Office.
__________________
IBA# 53755
Feel free to add us at www.facebook.com/DieHardRyders
BushwickKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #15939
Detale
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Oddometer: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn View Post
I worked the line the Friday after Thanksgiving (read here) and noticed only a few people get back into the line, it wasn't a big deal since we had plenty of supplies and nobody told me to kick them out. One good thing about working the line is that I met a few families that needed help, so I wrote down their numbers and asked them for a list of stuff they needed. This past saturday we went back out with my wife to deliver items and volunteer at the same church (St. gertrude's on Beach 38th).

Nef, were you guys on Beach Channel between 50th and 70th??? I can't remember the exact address but I remember seeing the bikes, vests and yellow shirts.
What she was told was these people come every day multiple times and the organizers thought the must have had a store where they were selling the stuff. What a horrible thing to do.
Detale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #15940
Speedo66
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Candlewood Lake, Fairfield Cty, CT
Oddometer: 5,897
Guess who's pissed about someone destroying HIS private property? My response at post # 190.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=846246
__________________
Oh I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused-E.Costello
'01 Kawasaki W650, '05 Yamaha XT225



Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #15941
wiseblood
Hall Monitor
 
wiseblood's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Oddometer: 11,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
Guess who's pissed about someone destroying HIS private property? My response at post # 190.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=846246
Haha... classic.
__________________
"Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now."

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #15942
nick2ny
Studly Adventurer
 
nick2ny's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Oddometer: 542
Hi all--just got a new chain and sprockets. Does anyone have a chain tool I can borrow? I got a D.I.D. 520 with the master link whose pins need to be mushroomed.

Thanks!
__________________
speed limit zero
nick2ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #15943
Juanjo_NY
Made in Argentina
 
Juanjo_NY's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: WashingtonVille, NY
Oddometer: 3,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2ny View Post
Hi all--just got a new chain and sprockets. Does anyone have a chain tool I can borrow?
__________________
cheers, Juanjo
Juanjo_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #15944
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer
 
TengaiJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tappan, NY
Oddometer: 3,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2ny View Post
Hi all--just got a new chain and sprockets. Does anyone have a chain tool I can borrow? I got a D.I.D. 520 with the master link whose pins need to be mushroomed.

Thanks!
I do but I won't be in the city 'till tomorrow.
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #15945
nick2ny
Studly Adventurer
 
nick2ny's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Oddometer: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanjo_NY View Post
I'd wear out the new chain on the way back from your house.
__________________
speed limit zero
nick2ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014