ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #16126
manx_20
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looksgoodinblack View Post
Hmm that's the type of a trip I would love to take LGIR so she can gain more confidence in her riding. How many days of riding was it?
That whole trip was 4 days of pure fun As soon as its starts warming up again its off to Quebec City next
Old 01-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #16127
mbishara
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
My wife loves you already ;). She's down for that ride. We can even extend it a day or two to take in a bed or breakfast somewhere in the middle.

Personal web page:
http://www.maged-bishara-montreal.ca/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mbishara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #16128
DavidBanner
Banned

Oddometer: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post
actually, from a safety standpoint, full face DOT approved is plenty good enough. Doesn't have to be expensive. Beyond that, you're paying for branding, fluffery, comfort, and nonsense.
and quality/durability of the day-to-day bits (hinges, vents, visors)...and customer service.
DavidBanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #16129
manx_20
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbishara View Post
My wife loves you already ;). She's down for that ride. We can even extend it a day or two to take in a bed or breakfast somewhere in the middle.

Personal web page:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad I could help. If you need help when it comes time to hammer out all the turns and twists in detail feel free to shoot me line.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:32 AM   #16130
mbishara
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Thanks a bunch!

mbishara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:31 AM   #16131
hitmanlol
Cotor Myclist

Oddometer: 914
hitmanlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:44 AM   #16132
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,883
8 Drawer Top Tool Chest

Posting here since I will not ship this, available for pick up in the Bronx or free delivery within the 5 boroughs.

Bought this US General Pro roller cabinet/chest combo from Harbor Freight but I only need the bottom rolling tool box. Selling the top chest for $150, you can see specs here. Condition is brand new, unopened, still in the box.

It's a surprisingly well made tool box for the price, and the drawers all have bearing slides. PM me if interested.

Lil' Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #16133
Ren20
Finding Touge

Oddometer: 111
Good morning.

It's too warm in Jan.

I spoke with a lady in traffic court hotline just now. She wouldn't let me change hearing location. Anyone has done this before?

Ren20 screwed with this post 01-10-2013 at 08:55 AM
Ren20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #16134
Janet from Joisey
Bad Kitty

Oddometer: 671
Women's Track Day in NJ - July 9

I'm joining my cousin on this one, and thought I would post up for any of the ladies looking for a low-T day out on the track.

http://www.tonystrackdays.com/catego...s-trackday.htm

-Janet
Janet from Joisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #16135
GHO100
Crazy George

Oddometer: 1,027
Javitz Show

NYMSTF just got a booth allocated for the NYC International Motorcycle Show. Updates to follow on our booth number and location.

For those still looking for a discount code: NYMSTF will get you $3 off

www.NYMSTF.org - Support NY Riders!
GHO100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #16136
jimmycorp
adventure lurker

Oddometer: 179
Hey guys happy new year! Sorry for the delayed response, work has been hell. Hope everyone had fun on the new years day ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the schwartz View Post
I'd strongly recommend Z1 Enterprises. They're not local but they're in NY state. Good prices and these guys are super helpful and you can always get them on the phone and they really know old bikes.

http://www.z1enterprises.com/ListIte...04070202000000

I have a shop in Jersey that I like but I really ended up doing almost all my own work. What are you planning to do on the bike vs. farming out to a shop? Do you know anything about the maintenance history? Valve adjustment, carbs cleaned, carbs rebuilt, etc? are those mikuni cv carbs? (been reading some just now about issues with nighthawk carbs)

I do have a carb synch tool, among other things. you're welcome to borrow it or bring the bike over and we can do it together.
Hey man regarding the history, dont know much. I bought this from a 73 year old man, who'd owned her for 6 years. I asked if he ever synced her carbs or cleaned them, he said no. But shes in great shape and he loved her enough to rpelace throttle cables, decals etc.

She surges a bit at idle, which leads me to believe carbs need to be synced. She ran the first few days before I went to pick her up, then in my N00bness when i towed her back i left her in park, not off, so battery died, she cranks but doesnt start, so ill be checking out the battery this weekend.

I planned on doing the pine sol carb soak, but I havent touched a carb since highschool, so i will be scouring the interwebz for a refresher this weekend. I have the bike shop manual, so that will help.

I'l do the usual tuneup, fluids, plugs, wires, brakes, maybe SS lines. Any other suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwickKLR View Post
If your an AMA member you get a discount at Bikebandit.com I usually order my spark plugs and filters from a dealership just because they really aren't that much different in price. I have a local mechanic in brooklyn that is great with carbs and you won't feel like you've been robbed at gun point after you hand over your money. Send me a PM if you need any help with anything.
Nice, if I can't figure it out myself, I'l try your guy. I'll try the dealership for parts, see if i can get a business discount.

Two questions for you guys, I've never registered a vehicle in NY state, so not too familiar with some of the nuances. 1) the DTF 802 form, i actually forgot to have the seller sign it, so regarding how much to tax (steal from me) will NY state ask me the condition of the bike, go by the actual price or guesstimate a value? I paid $1500

Also, I bought the bike upstate and it has a current inspection, would I need to have it re-inspected? I got the impression I had 10 days to do so after registration?

Thanks in advance.
~~ Jimmy
jimmycorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #16137
thomas.tc.young
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycorp View Post

Two questions for you guys, I've never registered a vehicle in NY state, so not too familiar with some of the nuances. 1) the DTF 802 form, i actually forgot to have the seller sign it, so regarding how much to tax (steal from me) will NY state ask me the condition of the bike, go by the actual price or guesstimate a value? I paid $1500

Also, I bought the bike upstate and it has a current inspection, would I need to have it re-inspected? I got the impression I had 10 days to do so after registration?

Thanks in advance.
~~ Jimmy
I would put a lower number so you pay less in taxes but thats not legal

Keep the sticker if inspection is current, it goes with the bike not owner.
thomas.tc.young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #16138
jimmycorp
adventure lurker

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.tc.young View Post
I would put a lower number so you pay less in taxes but thats not legal

Keep the sticker if inspection is current, it goes with the bike not owner.
The bill of sale says the actual price, unless i magically find another one to match. You mean the sticker on the fork?
jimmycorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #16139
SPEIRMOOR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycorp View Post

Thanks in advance.
~~ Jimmy
You dont need the bill of sale.For $1500 and an '85 bike the DMV's not going to care. DMV goes by the amount thats written on the Title so the less thats written down the less tax you pay.
SPEIRMOOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #16140
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,788
television repair person in the house?!?

pioneer plasma keeping me up, well maybe just keeping me occupied since i would be awake anyways