ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #16546
nick2ny
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 543
Okay! Finally got it figured out. I got the key code and went to the place on fulton st and got two keys cut to the code for $45. the guy there is amazing. Thanks for your help, everyone.

It's A in this picture:

Second question. I'm sending my girlfriend to a MSF course. We're based in downtown brooklyn. Any recommendations from among these courses?

Old 02-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #16547
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2ny View Post
Second question. I'm sending my girlfriend to a MSF course. We're based in downtown brooklyn. Any recommendations from among these courses?

I'm sending my gf to the Spring Creek location, when she's ready. (I just bought a little KE100 to teach her some basics- just got it running today.) We live pretty close to you (Cobble/Boerum Hill), and that's the closest location. Not the greatest area (actually, it's pretty shitty), but I'll probably drop her off and pick her up.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:20 AM   #16548
Ryan
Flugistani

Oddometer: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post
Oh wait.

That asian woman you left the party with... SHE'S a locksmith in Morristown????

OK, my universe has re-equilibrated. That's the John Ryan I know.

I'm feeling much better now.
She makes me three spares every time I get a different bike. Sometimes, the keys are even for the motorcycle.

She's a locksmith in Seattle, not Morristown, but it's worth the trip.

"There's Absolutely No Excuse for the Way I'm About to Act"
http://longerfasterstronger.wordpress.com/
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:31 AM   #16549
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
Anyone know a good powder coater?
Old 02-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #16550
ESPRider
Say what again...

Oddometer: 99
JackNYC

Hi guys,

I met JackNYC's daughter the other day. She doesn't really know much about his life and friends as they didn't live together. She was in town just to help straighten his affairs. She asked if I would send her some of the screen / names of his friends from the board. If you would like to post something or would like me to forward something you can pm, email me (handle at gmail) me I'll be happy to forward. She also said it's ok to post to his facebook condolences... Thanks ESP
Old 02-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #16551
Detale
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayron View Post
I'm sending my gf to the Spring Creek location, when she's ready. (I just bought a little KE100 to teach her some basics- just got it running today.) We live pretty close to you (Cobble/Boerum Hill), and that's the closest location. Not the greatest area (actually, it's pretty shitty), but I'll probably drop her off and pick her up.

It is a shitty area. When I took my course there it was with a cop who worked in that area and he couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. Still it's the closest one I think. The funny thing was I have lived here my whole life and had no idea that they renamed east NY to "Spring creek" pretty funny really.

The people there were great though, I learned alot and had a great time. I'm in Carroll Gardens on smith street where do you live man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domiken View Post
I've been looking for one but haven't found a good one that didn't want a crazy amount of money for small parts.
Detale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #16552
ESPRider
Say what again...

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domiken View Post
I used coast to coast power coating in NJ. You can mail them the stuff. It came out really very nice and the price was reasonable. $75 a rim and like $5 - $10 for some small parts like levers.
http://www.coast2coastpowdercoating.com/

Phone: 732-970-0092
Fax: 732-970-0094
Email:PowderCoating4u@aol.com
Corporate Headquarters
2 Route 9 North
Morganville, NJ 07751
Old 02-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #16553
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,394
Quote:
Ha, a KE100 was my first street legal bike, waaaaaaaay back in 95 or so.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #16554
Janet from Joisey
Bad Kitty

Oddometer: 678
Faded Ventura Pack Needs Home

A work colleague of mine has a large (45 liters?), Ventura pack (maybe one generation ago), that is in good shape, except faded, that needs a home.

http://www.ventura-bike.com/products...ack/p0651.aspx

If anyone would like it, send me a pm. I'm in midtown, and can meet up during the work day.

-Janet
Janet from Joisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #16555
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPRider View Post
I used coast to coast power coating in NJ. You can mail them the stuff. It came out really very nice and the price was reasonable. $75 a rim and like $5 - $10 for some small parts like levers.
http://www.coast2coastpowdercoating.com/

Phone: 732-970-0092
Fax: 732-970-0094
Email:PowderCoating4u@aol.com
Corporate Headquarters
2 Route 9 North
Morganville, NJ 07751
Thanks a bunch man! I was going to use these guys (immaculate work):

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43233.0

But didn't feel like shipping parts and stuff. I'm only doing black on some saddle bag brackets and a few miscellaneous items.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #16556
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detale View Post
I'm in Carroll Gardens on smith street where do you live man?
I'm on Pacific between Smith and Court. But, I park at Vaxmoto (Gowanus)... I don't trust any of my bikes near my apt.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #16557
apriliacati
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
I just saw this on Craigslist

SCAM WARNING FROM NYPD

BEWARE OF PERPETRATORS ARRANGING TO MEET IN THE CONFINES OF NEW YORK CITY FOR THE PURPOSE OF PURCHASE OF MOTORCYCLES AND DIRT BIKES. PERPETRATORS HAVE BEEN SETTING UP MEETINGS IN THE BRONX AND UPPER MANHATTAN FOR TEST RIDES AND THEN DONT RETURN. AS THE SELLER YOU SHOULD CHOOSE THE LOCATION TO MEET WITH A POTENTIAL BUYER. IF THE POTENTIAL BUYER INSISTS ON SETTING THE LOCATION, IT COULD BE AN INDICATOR OF CRIMINALITY. IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN TARGETTED AS A POTENTIAL VICTIM PLEASE CONTACT THE NYPD UTILIZING THE ABOVE EMAIL. THERE HAVE BEEN APPROXIMATELY 12 GRAND LARCENIES OF BIKES IN THE LAST SEVERAL MONTHS USING THE SAME M.O.
apriliacati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #16558
Detale
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
I'm on Pacific between Smith and Court. But, I park at Vaxmoto (Gowanus)... I don't trust any of my bikes near my apt.
HEY! we're neighbors. Which block? Closer to Court or Smith (tillery in between) Yeah I wouldn't trust either to leave a bike on, especially that its so narrow. How do you like Vax moto? I almost went looking between them and machina on 9th street but I decided on public storage on 9th street just past the entrance to Lowes. I get two bikes in there with a shitload of junk for 100 a month.
Detale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #16559
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,394
Anyone stupid enough to let a stranger test ride their bike without cash in hand probably isn't bright enough to be operating a two wheeled vehicle in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliacati View Post
SCAM WARNING FROM NYPD

BEWARE OF PERPETRATORS ARRANGING TO MEET IN THE CONFINES OF NEW YORK CITY FOR THE PURPOSE OF PURCHASE OF MOTORCYCLES AND DIRT BIKES. PERPETRATORS HAVE BEEN SETTING UP MEETINGS IN THE BRONX AND UPPER MANHATTAN FOR TEST RIDES AND THEN DONT RETURN. AS THE SELLER YOU SHOULD CHOOSE THE LOCATION TO MEET WITH A POTENTIAL BUYER. IF THE POTENTIAL BUYER INSISTS ON SETTING THE LOCATION, IT COULD BE AN INDICATOR OF CRIMINALITY. IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN TARGETTED AS A POTENTIAL VICTIM PLEASE CONTACT THE NYPD UTILIZING THE ABOVE EMAIL. THERE HAVE BEEN APPROXIMATELY 12 GRAND LARCENIES OF BIKES IN THE LAST SEVERAL MONTHS USING THE SAME M.O.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #16560
Bokononist

Oddometer: 16,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
Anyone stupid enough to let a stranger test ride their bike without cash in hand probably isn't bright enough to be operating a two wheeled vehicle in the first place.

42 is offline   Reply With Quote