ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #16831
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,037
Anyone hear about this?
http://www.myfoxny.com/story/2179002...rges-sues-nypd
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:49 AM   #16832
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmkun View Post
Thank you - I work on 52nd and 7th, and park right across from the heartland brewery on 51st between 6th and 7th. I've spoken to the TEA a few times who patrols this area and he said that they dont care about the motorcycles or scooters around here... . I have also seen a few motorcycles parked on 50th between 6th and 7th, right across from Le Pain Quotidien.

I parked my Vstrom there once thinking hey I see these bikes every day and no tickets are ever issued, why not? Well, 10 hours later the entire row had tickets, mine had 3 worth $250! I'm sure it isn't a big deal if you parked there for two months and no ticket, but I ain't parking there again

I talked to the guy who parks his Ninja in from of Quotidien, sometimes there is a Vespa there as well, and he hasn't gotten a ticket yet, I just have bad luck...

"we as riders stick together as no matter what ur race maybe!!!!"
devo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #16833
dmkun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
I parked my Vstrom there once thinking hey I see these bikes every day and no tickets are ever issued, why not? Well, 10 hours later the entire row had tickets, mine had 3 worth $250! I'm sure it isn't a big deal if you parked there for two months and no ticket, but I ain't parking there again

I talked to the guy who parks his Ninja in from of Quotidien, sometimes there is a Vespa there as well, and he hasn't gotten a ticket yet, I just have bad luck...
How long ago was this when you got these tickets? Did you have a cover on your Vstrom and did you take the plate off?
dmkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #16834
bobbyp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:

I'm assuming 2 out of the 3 tickets weren't parking tickets?
Since nobody else got tickets, you probably wouldn't have gotten any tickets either if the rest of the bike was legal.
bobbyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #16835
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,119
Quote:
How long ago was this when you got these tickets? Did you have a cover on your Vstrom and did you take the plate off?
Do you really think you can't get a ticket if you have a cover on the bike and no plate?
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #16836
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,299
This was last August, no cover (nobody else had them either). The entire row got tickets (multiple) as I said. Illegal parking, removal of plate (just following what everyone was doing), and I can't remember the 3rd.

Hey, I realize I took my chances with the law, I just won't be taking them again.

"we as riders stick together as no matter what ur race maybe!!!!"
devo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #16837
dmkun
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn View Post
Do you really think you can't get a ticket if you have a cover on the bike and no plate?
I didn't say that you can never get a ticket by doing just that, however it certainly does reduce your chances of getting a ticket most of the time from my experience.
dmkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #16838
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,119
Quote:
I didn't say that you can never get a ticket by doing just that, however it certainly does reduce your chances of getting a ticket most of the time from my experience.
Why not try to park legally?
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #16839
the schwartz
Buckethead Wendy

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
If you're looking for a wrench in NJ, try Circle Cycle up in Ridgefield on 1/9. Great guys there, but the accessory selection is somewhat limited.
http://www.circlecycle.net/
Thanks. Circle Cycle actually is my mechanic for when I get in over my head. They'll work on old bikes too which not all shops are willing or able to do. Quality work on everything ive asked them for so far. A little further but not bad
the schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #16840
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,787
Quote:
And increase the chances of getting your bike towed. Plenty of instances in this thread for you to search.
Lil' Steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #16841
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,192
Quote:
According to two different Traffic Enforcement officers I asked directly, yes.

So I'd put the effectiveness at 99%, same as the pill.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #16842
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Steve View Post
And increase the chances of getting your bike towed. Plenty of instances in this thread for you to search.

You guys have far more experience than I, being a recent immigrant, but AFAIK, the whole towing things to be completely capricious and depends on someone having a bad day or something to prove.

There has been some type of rice cruiser parked on the sidewalk under a cover as long as I can remember on W72 that has never been towed in the five years that I lived there. Granted, it only takes one day for that to change.

Quote:
Why not try to park legally?
Always my first choice, but it doesn't always happen.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #16843
Speedo66
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,891
Quote:

So basically you got a V-Strom hater who had to include the others to make it look good. I probably would have done the same thing

How can you say you've got bad luck, what's happened to you in the last year or so?

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #16844
Demian
www.rydersalley.com

my place is on 55th between 9th and 10th? maybe that could help?
no signs outside...low key.
call me if interested
917 669 339
Old 03-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #16845
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 22,495
Quote:
This was last August, no cover (nobody else had them either). The entire row got tickets (multiple) as I said. Illegal parking, removal of plate (just following what everyone was doing), and I can't remember the 3rd.

Hey, I realize I took my chances with the law, I just won't be taking them again.

you should have apologized for selling me a ninja that had a battery that died a year later

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote