ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #18331
tommymac92
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
Which NYU building? I work in that area, and there's plenty of safe parking in the Village.
I think its langone, its on 1st ave by 34th st. Making a run out there today to deal with HR. The kick in th eass is I may not be starting till dec so it may be a moot point for riding, unless we get a winter like 2 yrs ago.
tommymac92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:06 AM   #18332
densecity
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Hi everyone, new to the forum. I posted this in the northeast general but didn't get any help -

Next weekend I am going down to Bucks county for a few days. Specifically I will be going to Springfield, PA and then down to New Hope for a day trip. Can someone suggest a route? I would like to get off the major highways ASAP in NJ as I am riding a KTM 690 SMC. Would really like to get on some nice country roads. So if anyone has suggestions from NYC > Springfield or Springfield > New Hope, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
densecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #18333
BrooklynOffRoader
Concrete or the Dirt.

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
Hey guys, this is a long shot but does anyone happen to have a pump for an MSR Dragonfly stove? Last minute packing and that's the one thing I can't seem to find, I have the stove itself and plenty of fuel bottles.

If not, anyone have a good but decently compact camping\backpacking stove I can borrow for a week?

I have a jetboil with the pot attachment thingy but i need something with longer burn time and some decent flame adjustment. I'm making 3 gallons of crepe batter which I was gonna cook up while camping.

Free Hungarian crepes for anyone who can help!

Hey Eddie

I have a MSR Wind Pro 2 you can borrow if you want. You can stop by anytime tonight after 6 to pick it up.

CHIP
BrooklynOffRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #18334
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 30,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recht View Post
Plug for a great event.

I'm thinking of entering my Airhead in this on Sunday.... say hi if you see the it there.

1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #18335
DR. Rock
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Chris,

Someone left a merkin on your seat. Just FYI.

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #18336
robfilms
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 347
anyone recommend somewhere where i can get my 2006 kawasaki z750s inspected tomw/sunday?

my inspection is up at the end of august and i'm really busy at work this week so was hoping i could drive up without an appt, have them look over the bike, pay the fee and get my sticker.

bike is in primo shape with no issues so i can't imagine passing nys inspection would be a problem.

anyone recommendations?

thanks in advance.

be well.

rob
robfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #18337
Chickenstrip
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 407
The good, the bad, the ugly

and not necessarily in that order:

Before I got out of town yesterday my bike (V-Strom) stopped running. I was coming down off the Triboro into Harlem when the motor started stumbling. Fortunately I was able to keep it running long enough to make it to a safe parking spot, and that spot happened to be an MTA bus depot. The battery was dead.

The guys at the depot were friendly and helpful, making various suggestions about where I could leave the bike (though definitely not with them) until I could arrange for a pickup. After after several failed attempts to get the bike running, and then checking out potential parking spots, one of the guys says 'there's a bike shop just over there.' Why it took so long to think of that I don't know, but ...

So, hello Cycle Therapy. I've been there once before several years ago. What's the possibility of them checking it out? Not till Monday. So I end up buying a new battery. How much? 125 smakeroos! WTF? 'Well, I can probably give you a deal.' In the end I paid $120 w/tax. I felt reamed, but it was cheaper than getting my bike towed home (or having them work on the bike, for sure). I was able to ride the bike home before the new battery ran out of juice. Shoulda bought that AMA coverage after all.

Now ... what's wrong with the bike's charging system?

(apologies for the long post ... had to vent)
Chickenstrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #18338
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 30,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post
Someone left a merkin on your seat. Just FYI.

Hey, don't embarrass it, it's a West German born in 87.... pre Brazilian....

So looks like it's not gonna make it to the show, rode out to it today and it's in need of some TLC...

And damn you BushwickKLR, I can't go anywhere with this thing.... mortals fall at it's tires and profess bike love every where I pull up......

The Brown Hornet reigns....
1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #18339
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Oddometer: 9,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenstrip View Post
Now ... what's wrong with the bike's charging system?
Sounds like it's not working.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #18340
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Oddometer: 9,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by robfilms View Post
anyone recommend somewhere where i can get my 2006 kawasaki z750s inspected tomw/sunday?
On a Sunday?

The DMV web site lists inspection stations. You can call around, maybe you'll find a combo auto shop and MC inspection station that happens to be open on Sunday but not likely.

Next time don't ask at lunch time on a gorgeous Saturday.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #18341
Chickenstrip
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectaltronics View Post
Sounds like it's not working.

Wise guy, eh? Why you I oughta ....
Chickenstrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:39 AM   #18342
Petzl
Hmmmm...

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by robfilms View Post

rob
PetrolWerkz in Lindenhurst Long island sometimes he is there on sunday.
Text/Call for appt. Text is better as he has hearing aids.

NYS Inspection Station Cars Light Trucks MotorCyclesCall for more information and/or Schedule an Appointment Call: 631-991-3770 Text: 917-318-0047
Petrolwerksny@gmail.com

961 Wellwood Avenue

Lindenhurst NY 11757
917-318-0047
Petrolwerksny@gmail.com
Petzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #18343
furiouslyalex
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Anyone here know of a place to try on Shark helmets in the city?
furiouslyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #18344
Kerpowi
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Question (24-2)/7 street parking?

Hey, NYCers: I'm pretty new to New York City--and to motorcycling when compared with all you geezers --currently living in Gramercy, a few blocks from Union Square. It's been been over a year since I've ridden and I'm getting ready to buy something like a KLR or DR650 which I plan on farkling until it looks as tough as Twisted Throttle's project KLR does.

I won't be commuting with it so it'll need to sit except when I'm cruising on weekday evenings or exploring on the weekends. Is it crazy to consider getting theft insurance and parking it on the streets instead of getting a garage spot until it starts snowing?
Kerpowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:45 AM   #18345
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 11,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerpowi View Post
Hey, NYCers: I'm pretty new to New York City--and to motorcycling when compared with all you geezers --currently living in Gramercy, a few blocks from Union Square. It's been been over a year since I've ridden and I'm getting ready to buy something like a KLR or DR650 which I plan on farkling until it looks as tough as Twisted Throttle's project KLR does.

I won't be commuting with it so it'll need to sit except when I'm cruising on weekday evenings or exploring on the weekends. Is it crazy to consider getting theft insurance and parking it on the streets instead of getting a garage spot until it starts snowing?
You are located in a good area for parking. Look around and see where other bikes park. Get a cover for your bike, and invest in a good lock.

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote