ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 04:59 AM   #18901
pgh
Adventurer
 
pgh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Oddometer: 50
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...lowTwt_NYBrand

Not sure I should be shocked by this.
pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #18902
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 5,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyp View Post
It still makes no sense to me. For DUI/DWI there are some forfeiture laws, but even in those cases they can't seize the vehicle if it is owned by someone else (spouse, boy/girlfriend, anybody).

I don't think there are similar forfeiture laws for violating vehicle and traffic laws. If anybody shows up with a title for the vehicle and a van or trailer to legally get the bike out of impound, they will be getting the bike back.
I will spell it out. If you have a motorcycle seized by the NYPD the VIN will be checked. If it comes up stolen they will contact the rightful owner and return it. If the VIN is "clean" and you can produce a title in your name you can pay the fines and get it. If there is no title in your name it is gone. This includes buying a bike and getting the title but never putting it in your name. You show up with that, they don't care. If it is not a 100% legit vehicle you've lost it.
I know of a story fo a guy who bought a brand-new YZ450 under his girlfriends name. Never registered it (offroad use only) and got caught on it. They took it, and since there was no title transfer, only an MSO it was destroyed. Waste of a perfectly good Yamaha but it is one less wheelie machine on the roads.
__________________
"Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line." Cycle World March 1966
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #18903
Speedo66
Transient
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Today: Cincinnati
Oddometer: 6,095
Times article says the guy that turned himself in and was arrested, but no charges are being pressed against him. DA is pissed cops charged him, say it messes up the rest of the more serious charges against perps yet unknown.

More importantly, it says the Rover drivers wife called 911 4 times in 8 minutes. The cops couldn't respond in 8 minutes? As they say, "when seconds count, the police are only minutes away".

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/03/ny...=nyregion&_r=0
__________________
Oh I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused-E.Costello
'01 Kawasaki W650, '05 Yamaha XT225




Speedo66 screwed with this post 10-03-2013 at 06:38 AM
Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #18904
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!
 
rthuey's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: insanity is not as easy as i make it look
Oddometer: 2,689
"Thursday, upper Manhattan community members and local politicians will hold a press conference where they'll release footage of the bikers riding on sidewalks and overwhelming blocks with exhaust fumes, according to a statement."


overwhelming blocks with exhaust fumes



"Ms. Ng made at least four frantic calls to 911 in the span of about eight minutes, the police said."

why did they keep hanging up on her?
__________________
We're gonna go ridin!!!
rthuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #18905
Speedo66
Transient
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Today: Cincinnati
Oddometer: 6,095
I heard they're going to confiscate all their motorcycles and ATV's and make them stunt with Citibikes. Much cleaner and quieter, and a moneymaker.

Basically, what it really says is the politicians knew about it, but didn't want to piss off their constituents. Now the SHTF, and they're "shocked, shocked I say" to find out this is happening in their district.

What a bunch of whores.
__________________
Oh I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused-E.Costello
'01 Kawasaki W650, '05 Yamaha XT225



Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #18906
Speedo66
Transient
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Today: Cincinnati
Oddometer: 6,095
Stolen from the Westchester thread

New Range Rover setting

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=5160
__________________
Oh I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused-E.Costello
'01 Kawasaki W650, '05 Yamaha XT225



Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #18907
bobbyp
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: UWS/Astoria
Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
I will spell it out. If you have a motorcycle seized by the NYPD the VIN will be checked. If it comes up stolen they will contact the rightful owner and return it. If the VIN is "clean" and you can produce a title in your name you can pay the fines and get it. If there is no title in your name it is gone. This includes buying a bike and getting the title but never putting it in your name. You show up with that, they don't care. If it is not a 100% legit vehicle you've lost it.
I know of a story fo a guy who bought a brand-new YZ450 under his girlfriends name. Never registered it (offroad use only) and got caught on it. They took it, and since there was no title transfer, only an MSO it was destroyed. Waste of a perfectly good Yamaha but it is one less wheelie machine on the roads.

Thanks for clarifying your original post which was in regard to "all the stolen bikes that the NYPD recovers". I'm guessing that only a very small percentage of recovered stolen bikes get destroyed by the NYPD (probably after removing some of the higher quality farkles).

Not sure why your friend had to buy a bike that he never intended on registering in his girlfriend's name. Sounds like something that would wind up on Judge Judy.
bobbyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #18908
hitmanlol
Cotor Myclist
 
Joined: May 2010
Oddometer: 881
NYPD Towing today.


If you haven't been towed yet---

http://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/...rently_towing/
hitmanlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #18909
Speedo66
Transient
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Today: Cincinnati
Oddometer: 6,095
Speedo's Fall Fresh Air Fund Ride, Covered Bridges and Leaf Peeping

I'm going to do a fall ride through the foothills of the Berkshires next Thur, Oct. 10. You FF's are invited for some great riding and great fall color.

See my post here: http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....20&postcount=1 Respond on that post if you're interested in coming.

"OK city kids, welcome to Speedo's Fall Fresh Air Fund Ride. You say you've been breathing too much of that bad city air, haven't been riding enough? I've got just the antidote. Come join me for a visit to the Bridges of Litchfield County. No, Clint and Meryl won't be here, but we'll visit some covered bridges while riding fabulous roads through the fresh air of the Berkshire foothills during peak leaf peeping time. Hopefully, none of you FF's will pass out from too much oxygen.

The roads I've chosen will be curvy, colorful, scenic, you get the picture.

There will be dirt! But nothing any street bike can't handle. These are hard packed roads and in better condition than most of your potholed city streets. Not a lot, just enough to give the ride some flavor.

The top of the ride is the bike friendly Toymaker's Cafe in Falls Village CT, so save some room for their fabled Bacon or Cinnamon Butter Waffles.

Meet up location is the first gas station north of I-684 on Rt 22. That is, you take 684N in Westchester Co. to the end, it becomes Rt 22, first gas station (about 1/4 mile further) on right. Meet up time is Thur. Oct 10 at 9AM, kickstands up at 9:30. This location is approx. 1 1/4 hours north of the city, less depending on how adventurous you are with the throttle. Lots of ways to get to 684 including the West Side Hwy which becomes the Saw Mill, the Hutch, etc.

The leaf ride itself will be about 90 miles of handpicked great roads.

That's it. You've got one week to make your lame excuses why you won't be at work next Thur. Post if you're dragging your carbon monoxide infused ass up here. "
__________________
Oh I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused-E.Costello
'01 Kawasaki W650, '05 Yamaha XT225



Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #18910
nick2ny
Studly Adventurer
 
nick2ny's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Oddometer: 543
Can we put together a charity page to help the Range Rover guy and his family? Something like "Responsible motorcyclists' fund for the victims of last week's attack"?
__________________
speed limit zero
nick2ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #18911
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher
 
Rectaltronics's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: New York F'ing City
Oddometer: 9,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh View Post
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...lowTwt_NYBrand
Not sure I should be shocked by this.
Well he IS an "aspiring rapper", after all.

I'm sure this joker (and a bunch of others) will wish that viral video never existed but from a legal standpoint and without trying to interpret too much into this, regarding Cruz, what I read is "Cruz's lawyer said that [he deliberately slowed down in front of the Range Rover] was not true."

They key word here will turn out to be "deliberately."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
the politicians knew about it, but didn't want to piss off their constituents. Now the SHTF, and they're "shocked, shocked I say" to find out this is happening in their district.
You really think these fuckers are the voting type?? Or am I mis-interpreting something?
__________________
New Yorkers: Join the NYMSTF now for a motorcycle -friendly NY!
Rectaltronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #18912
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Meadowlands, NJ (just east of the USA)
Oddometer: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2ny View Post
Can we put together a charity page to help the Range Rover guy and his family? Something like "Responsible motorcyclists' fund for the victims of last week's attack"?
He's the director of his own company and drives a $70k RR. I doubt he needs our money, but a support page might be a good idea, something along the lines of "Get well soon and don't group all of us in with those asshats".
__________________
-Lee
2013 Triumph Tiger 800
2008 Suzuki SV650n (Sold... I miss that bike...)
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #18913
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 5,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyp View Post
Thanks for clarifying your original post which was in regard to "all the stolen bikes that the NYPD recovers". I'm guessing that only a very small percentage of recovered stolen bikes get destroyed by the NYPD (probably after removing some of the higher quality farkles).

Not sure why your friend had to buy a bike that he never intended on registering in his girlfriend's name. Sounds like something that would wind up on Judge Judy.
The farkles are not taken, at least on a large scale, it is way to risky. As for my friend it wasn't someone I know but a friend who sold him the bike from his dealership.
As per the Judge Judy, you can't imagine the scenarios I saw working at bike shops. Baby momma finances a bike for baby daddy, then he wants a watercraft so the wife signs for the one, next he gets quad fever so his other girlfriend signs for it. He then get locked up for beating up another girlfriend and they all call to sell back the bikes to raise bail money.

**Not true, but pretty damn close to true.
__________________
"Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line." Cycle World March 1966
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #18914
Zodiac
loosely portrayed
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Brooklyn
Oddometer: 30,802
I dunno about you guys, but in the last few days, everyone and their mother's neighbor who either knows I ride or sees me pull up on my bike, asks me about "that video......."

Let's see..... 3 neighbors, 2 friends, one family member, 4 complete strangers, one dog walker.


Thanks for making what was already a hostile environment even worse for us legal motorcyclists - you piece of shit retarded "thug life" bottom feeder safety in numbers gang mentality cowardice on your own cunts.
__________________
2011 Duct Tape Roll
1997 Cycle Therapy mini pump
1988 Aerostich Fleece collar scarf
1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #18915
kenny61
Crazy Idiot
 
kenny61's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Looking for the next goal
Oddometer: 23,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
I'm going to do a fall ride through the foothills of the Berkshires next Thur, Oct. 10. You FF's are invited for some great riding and great fall color.

See my post here: http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....20&postcount=1 Respond on that post if you're interested in coming.

"OK city kids, welcome to Speedo's Fall Fresh Air Fund Ride. You say you've been breathing too much of that bad city air, haven't been riding enough? I've got just the antidote. Come join me for a visit to the Bridges of Litchfield County. No, Clint and Meryl won't be here, but we'll visit some covered bridges while riding fabulous roads through the fresh air of the Berkshire foothills during peak leaf peeping time. Hopefully, none of you FF's will pass out from too much oxygen.

The roads I've chosen will be curvy, colorful, scenic, you get the picture.

There will be dirt! But nothing any street bike can't handle. These are hard packed roads and in better condition than most of your potholed city streets. Not a lot, just enough to give the ride some flavor.

The top of the ride is the bike friendly Toymaker's Cafe in Falls Village CT, so save some room for their fabled Bacon or Cinnamon Butter Waffles.

Meet up location is the first gas station north of I-684 on Rt 22. That is, you take 684N in Westchester Co. to the end, it becomes Rt 22, first gas station (about 1/4 mile further) on right. Meet up time is Thur. Oct 10 at 9AM, kickstands up at 9:30. This location is approx. 1 1/4 hours north of the city, less depending on how adventurous you are with the throttle. Lots of ways to get to 684 including the West Side Hwy which becomes the Saw Mill, the Hutch, etc.

The leaf ride itself will be about 90 miles of handpicked great roads.

That's it. You've got one week to make your lame excuses why you won't be at work next Thur. Post if you're dragging your carbon monoxide infused ass up here. "

If my bike is back together im in
__________________
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014