ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #19021
hitmanlol
Cotor Myclist

Oddometer: 904
guys...

read this..

http://www.roadandtrack.com/features...o-the-shutdown

let's go riding!
hitmanlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #19022
Effervescent
Sexiest ADVrider '13

Oddometer: 1,797
WOW!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #19023
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 11,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2ny View Post
Honestly, if they were underinflated, they can't push on you with more that say, 25psi. The air we are in is 14.7 psi, and I can't even feel it. So figure another half of atmostpheric pressure. It's like someone blowing you a kiss.

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #19024
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,719
out at ikea a couple hours ago. figured i would stop at red hook fairway and grab something for dinner for the family. in and out real quick. get back to the bike and there is a shopping cart against the bike. i put my leg over the bike to get on and just shoved the cart away from the jug. wind catches the cart immediately and sends it toward a car. next i hear is some guy yelling and cursing from behind. i turn around and there is a female wrestling the cart to its side. not sure if she did it bulldogging style or some other technique. apparently the guy is directing his tyrant at me. why was i trying to damage her car. i get off the bike and turn completely towards him, with my own choice words i explained it was not my cart. asked if it looked like i needed a cart with the vehicle i had. mentioned it was a thoughtless car driver that sent the cart into my engine. i asked what he was going to do about it. him 'what are you going to do ? beat me up?" i got on bike and left. he insisted i should grow up.

wait not done.

was sprinkling. thought i would treat myself to the hugh l. carey tunnel instead of going down to the brooklyn bridge. i removed the go pro from its holder which has been on my helmet for months now. last month i had a run in with the tunnel guys who expressed that it was a no no to film in the tunnel. anyways the camera is put away safely in my helmet bag which was strapped on the back of the bike. tunnel officer jumps in front of the bike telling me to stop. quickly he tells me i can't film. i stop and put it in neutral (almost) and let go of the clutch. bike lunges towards him and stalls. (oops) me 'i know look its empty its not in there.' well you have to take that holder off. 'no. i don't ( i have actually been real lucky that the suction cup has held all this time. ain't no way i am taking it off because this guy says i have to) still light out he could see the case was empty. back and forth 3 or 4 times. still insisted. nope. let me see your license. why? because i want to see it. i turn the bike off and grab my own keys and hold them. didn't try to get off the bike though. 'what did i do wrong that you need my license?' i told you to take that off your head. 'that's not grounds to see my id.' well now i don't think you have one since you don't want to show it. 'nope. not good enough. call has gone over the radio about the outlaw motorcyclist, supervisor requested. who shows up and insists on staying behind me. his employee fills him in. i add that the actual camera is in my bag and it was before i rolled up. i live in battery park, stopped at the grocery store on the way home, nothing has occurred here that he needs to see my id. They take a few steps back and turn away from me. Turn back after a minute and the sgt indicates to me i can go.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #19025
gixxersteph
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 608
A white shirt let you go?
Something wrong with this picture.

Too many people with issues these days. If I had the fortitude I think I would be out of here and deal with redneck stupidity instead. But I suppose that's the issue. Too many people and too little common sense and manners.

Ok I feel better now.
gixxersteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #19026
cccolin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxersteph View Post
A white shirt let you go?
Something wrong with this picture.

Too many people with issues these days. If I had the fortitude I think I would be out of here and deal with redneck stupidity instead. But I suppose that's the issue. Too many people and too little common sense and manners.

Ok I feel better now.

that's exactly my plan.

and that Fairway is about 3 blocks from my apt. love that place.
cccolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #19027
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Oddometer: 9,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2ny View Post
Honestly, if they were underinflated, they can't push on you with more that say, 25psi. The air we are in is 14.7 psi, and I can't even feel it. So figure another half of atmostpheric pressure. It's like someone blowing you a kiss.
Have you and Eddie been sharing some dope?

And could you spare some?

Old 10-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #19028
hitmanlol
Cotor Myclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
Do you think the injuries were as severe as they were because perhaps the range rover ran the guy over with a slashed tire IE direct rim contact to the rider in question instead of a rim with an air filled tire?
the tires weren't slashed by people. they went flat as as he rode over 2 bikes and a person.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #19029
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthuey View Post
'what did i do wrong that you need my license?' i told you to take that off your head. 'that's not grounds to see my id.' well now i don't think you have one since you don't want to show it. 'nope. not good enough. call has gone over the radio about the outlaw motorcyclist, supervisor requested. who shows up and insists on staying behind me. his employee fills him in. i add that the actual camera is in my bag and it was before i rolled up. i live in battery park, stopped at the grocery store on the way home, nothing has occurred here that he needs to see my id. They take a few steps back and turn away from me. Turn back after a minute and the sgt indicates to me i can go.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #19030
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanlol View Post
the tires weren't slashed by people. they went flat as as he rode over 2 bikes and a person.
You have proof of this?
Old 10-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #19031
hitmanlol
Cotor Myclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectaltronics View Post
You have proof of this?
two flat tires on the RR
Old 10-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #19032
the schwartz
Buckethead Wendy

Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanlol View Post
also curious if you know this or are inferring. i was puzzled watching the videos and trying to reconcile it with the news reports, didn't see any evidence of anyone "spiking the tires" as all the media is reporting. doesn't mean it didn't happen, but it'd be interesting if he damaged the tires himself and all this spiking reference was just hyperbole
1978 Suzuki GS 1000 (perma project)
the schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #19033
hitmanlol
Cotor Myclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by the schwartz View Post
also curious if you know this or are inferring. i was puzzled watching the videos and trying to reconcile it with the news reports, didn't see any evidence of anyone "spiking the tires" as all the media is reporting. doesn't mean it didn't happen, but it'd be interesting if he damaged the tires himself and all this spiking reference was just hyperbole
The NYPD stated the tires were slashed in the initial press conference, as that is what Lien stated in the report. There were no other witnesses reporting to police at that time to state otherwise.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #19034
GSXF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Undercover cop seen on video attacking SUV

The latest development:

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_n...cking-suv?lite
Old 10-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #19035
nick2ny
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 543
Help!

I am in need of electrical connectors. I am trying to make a permanent connection between two headlight wires. I want something to crimp. I will shrink wrap over it. Where can I buy something like this in NYC? Preferably brooklyn heights or south of there.