ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2013, 06:09 AM   #19126
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Oddometer: 9,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
How can a motorcyclist with an ounce of common sense remotely defend these shit bags?
No motorcyclist with an ounce of common sense is defending those shit bags.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #19127
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird View Post
Am I wrong on that? In the video I watched, about 54 seconds in is when the run-over occurs. It was later that some riders attacked him. AFAIK, you cannot-- as another example-- begin indiscriminately begin spraying bullets to escape danger.
At 54 seconds in, all I see is what looks like an attempted car-jacking of a $75k truck by a gang of thugs.
lmychajluk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #19128
hurielg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
The bikerz keep coming out and doing interviews, giving out their real names, and showing their faces and saying "...we are not thugs...just because we look like thugs, doesn't mean we are...as you can see in the video, we were following the law..." Then the Mieses Team first said "...he was going over to check on the downed rider..." Then they stopped playing that card and started playing the "...he just wen't over to difuse the situation..." Then helmet cam guy comes forward with a lawyer speaking for him and says "...a water bottle was thrown from the SUV through the sunroof..."

Now the celebrity lawyer is claiming the SUV hit someone else prior to the video and THAT'S what started it all. Mr. Cruz then says he was "...switching lanes so he looked back at the driver..."

The sad part is that I think these guys will just plea down to misdemeanors and traffic tickets, while some judge awards Mieses $5M because the SUV driver COULD have avoided him in his get away, even if he was panicked and felt threatened. He COULD have done something different. It will be absurd, like the judge's ruling in the Joseph Lozito lawsuit. That was probably discussed somewhere else here, but for those who don't know, the NYPD never made a DIRECT promise to protect the people of NYC and therefore have no special duty to protect the people of NYC.
hurielg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:35 AM   #19129
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 31,052
Quote:
No, the run-over was before the surround and attempted break-in, IIRC.
bullshit.
1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #19130
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurielg View Post
The bikerz keep coming out and doing interviews, giving out their real names, and showing their faces and saying "...we are not thugs...just because we look like thugs, doesn't mean we are...as you can see in the video, we were following the law..." Then the Mieses Team first said "...he was going over to check on the downed rider..." Then they stopped playing that card and started playing the "...he just wen't over to difuse the situation..." Then helmet cam guy comes forward with a lawyer speaking for him and says "...a water bottle was thrown from the SUV through the sunroof..."

Now the celebrity lawyer is claiming the SUV hit someone else prior to the video and THAT'S what started it all. Mr. Cruz then says he was "...switching lanes so he looked back at the driver..."

The sad part is that I think these guys will just plea down to misdemeanors and traffic tickets, while some judge awards Mieses $5M because the SUV driver COULD have avoided him in his get away, even if he was panicked and felt threatened. He COULD have done something different. It will be absurd, like the judge's ruling in the Joseph Lozito lawsuit. That was probably discussed somewhere else here, but for those who don't know, the NYPD never made a DIRECT promise to protect the people of NYC and therefore have no special duty to protect the people of NYC.

I've had many cages spook just when I pass them (a single rider with a quiet exhaust). I've also been in a car (and bike) when the pack rat gangs take over a street - they swarm around, stop traffic, blip their small dick throttle calls of the wild, and some stunt - all actions that can easily spook a a cage driver or make them swerve around in their lanes.

These fucking imbeciles are for once, finally taking credit where credit's due, one of them is also paying the price for his stupidity, with his legs.

Only problem is, the rest of us are also going to have to pay for these fucking child minded douche bags.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #19131
BmoreBandit
Gnarly something..

Oddometer: 465
Damn, you must have never, ever, popped a wheelie.
Little heavy handed there, with what was just a sad event that many sport bike riders have had some contact with at some point in their riding career.

I am not excusing what they were doing but that idiot in the Rover could have easily avoided the whole situation. I thought in the big city some level of common sense should be given. As far as you spooking people when you pass them, perhaps you need a quiter pipe (hey, I bolted a stocker onmy single).

Stunts are done everywhere, often. I encounter more aggressive drivers in Mustangs than on bikes.

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.. H Thompson
BmoreBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #19132
BmoreBandit
Gnarly something..

Oddometer: 465
Oh, and yes, I also have a KLR. That one is hard to have some wheelie ripping, traffic splitting, all out fun on.

The whole situation is sad and in my view, that's what happens when an idiot driver meets an idiot rider who tries to slow him down without even a brake light.

There have been too many pages about this misfortune...it seems to me it is about time to go back to usual function for this thread- list of grievances and complaints about check points and perceived parking issues.

Next time a rider waves I will not wave back as to not disturbe my correct riding form by taking the hand of handlebar and thus giving motorcyclists all over the world, on all sorts of rides, a bad name.

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.. H Thompson
BmoreBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #19133
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBandit View Post
Damn, you must have never, ever, popped a wheelie.
Little heavy handed there, with what was just a sad event that many sport bike riders have had some contact with at some point in their riding career.

I am not excusing what they were doing but that idiot in the Rover could have easily avoided the whole situation. I thought in the big city some level of common sense should be given. As far as you spooking people when you pass them, perhaps you need a quiter pipe (hey, I bolted a stocker onmy single).

Stunts are done everywhere, often. I encounter more aggressive drivers in Mustangs than on bikes.

You're equating a few dozen thugs in armor and helmets surrounding and blocking a single car..... with doing wheelies?

The Rover driver did exactly what I would've done in that situation, with his wife and baby in the car. Although I never would've let them me stop like that. Horn, lights flashing and stand on the gas pedal.

I don't need to do anything to my pipes - I have common sense enough to know a car driver who's never ridden a bike, has no idea what it's like to be me, but being a car driver - I know what they feel like when a pack descends on a public street.

But what do I know, I've only been riding here since the mid 80s.

Zodiac screwed with this post 10-11-2013 at 07:11 AM
Old 10-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #19134
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBandit View Post
Oh, and yes, I also have a KLR. That one is hard to have some wheelie ripping, traffic splitting, all out fun on.

The whole situation is sad and in my view, that's what happens when an idiot driver meets an idiot rider who tries to slow him down without even a brake light.

There have been too many pages about this misfortune...it seems to me it is about time to go back to usual function for this thread- list of grievances and complaints about check points and perceived parking issues.

Next time a rider waves I will not wave back as to not disturbe my correct riding form by taking the hand of handlebar and thus giving motorcyclists all over the world, on all sorts of rides, a bad name.

And anyone that has ridden with me can tell you, I'm no safety snob. I split lanes daily, and ride quite aggressively on the streets, always a step ahead and a bit faster than traffic

But I know the limits, and take into account my surroundings and when and where to reel it back a bit.

That's not even close to what these gangs do.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #19135
Snowbird
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
bullshit.
Quote:
I've had many cages spook just when I pass them (a single rider with a quiet exhaust). I've also been in a car (and bike) when the pack rat gangs take over a street - they swarm around, stop traffic, blip their small dick throttle calls of the wild, and some stunt - all actions that can easily spook a a cage driver or make them swerve around in their lanes.

These fucking imbeciles are for once, finally taking credit where credit's due, one of them is also paying the price for his stupidity, with his legs.

Only problem is, the rest of us are also going to have to pay for these fucking child minded douche bags.
Quote:
You're equating a few dozen thugs in armor and helmets surrounding and blocking a single car..... with doing wheelies?

The Rover driver did exactly what I would've done in that situation, with his wife and baby in the car. Although I never would've let them me stop like that. Horn, lights flashing and stand on the gas pedal.

I don't need to do anything to my pipes - I have common sense enough to know a car driver who's never ridden a bike, has no idea what it's like to be me, but being a car driver - I know what they feel like when a pack descends on a public street.

But what do I know, I've only been riding here since the mid 80s.
Quote:
And anyone that has ridden with me can tell you, I'm no safety snob. I split lanes daily, and ride quite aggressively on the streets, always a step ahead and a bit faster than traffic

But I know the limits, and take into account my surroundings and when and where to reel it back a bit.

That's not even close to what these gangs do.
Well, you're all over the map with your opinions... except for one thing: You are right and everyone else is wrong.

It's going to be fun when you don't get your antics dialed back quite soon enough and you scare someone. Being scared for your life is the new one-size-fits-all excuse for murder.
Snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #19136
Monsignore
Plunger Boy

Oddometer: 867
Another cop identified:

http://gothamist.com/2013/10/10/inte...lved_in_mo.php

IBA # 55612
Monsignore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #19137
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Well, you're all over the map with your opinions... except for one thing: You are right and everyone else is wrong.

It's going to be fun when you don't get your antics dialed back quite soon enough and you scare someone. Being scared for your life is the new one-size-fits-all excuse for murder.
I'm not all over the map. What are you referring to?

And you're wrong - they did surround and stop the truck before the Rover driver ran through them.

What video did you watch?

Zodiac screwed with this post 10-11-2013 at 07:55 AM
Old 10-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #19138
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Quote:

My antics dialed back? That's deep.

Maybe you're not following along here. What about the group mentality/Gang mentality antics?

What if that Rover was an armed government agent, or off duty LEO? What if he saw a (obvious to all) threat to his life and his family's lives by being surrounded by 3 dozen young men in armor and helmets, being forced to stop on a highway?

He might've used a firearm instead of his truck.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #19139
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsignore View Post

Maybe that's why the NYPD checkpoints don't stop them, they just waive them through.

That's just rich...
Old 10-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #19140
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Oddometer: 9,825
Quote:
You are right and everyone else is wrong.
Finally you get it!

Quote: