ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2014, 08:21 AM   #20191
LusterBroil OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectaltronics View Post
Watch the wording there. Traffic summonses versus parking summonses.

NYC writes close to a million traffic summonses per year. Pretty amazing, eh? So 90,000 in six weeks is actually a bit of a dip.

The number of jaywalking summonses is a joke, even with the current "stepped up" enforcement.

But I'd like to know... exactly how our new mayor's Vision Zero plan will eliminate motorcyclist fatalities?
Probably by eliminating motorcycles.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #20192
Speedo66
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,891
Quote:
Watch the wording there. Traffic summonses versus parking summonses.

NYC writes close to a million traffic summonses per year. Pretty amazing, eh? So 90,000 in six weeks is actually a bit of a dip.

The number of jaywalking summonses is a joke, even with the current "stepped up" enforcement.

But I'd like to know... exactly how our new mayor's Vision Zero plan will eliminate motorcyclist fatalities?
I doubt he gives a crap about bike fatalities, it's about eliminating pedestrian deaths. NYC is no longer, if it ever was, a welcoming place for drivers or riders.

Vision Zero works because Swedes follow laws, including jaywalking. Here, never.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:51 PM   #20193
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Oddometer: 9,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
I doubt he gives a crap about bike fatalities, it's about eliminating pedestrian deaths. NYC is no longer, if it ever was, a welcoming place for drivers or riders.

Vision Zero works because Swedes follow laws, including jaywalking. Here, never.
Vision Zero says "street fatalities". Read it yourself:

http://www.billdeblasio.com/issues/street-safety

Americans follow laws too, when they know they have to. I recall nearly getting arrested in Lost Wages for trying to circumnavigate one of those pedestrian overpasses. That only has to happen once to make an impression.

The problem in NYC is that due to decades (actually pretty much an entire millenium) of ignorant laziness and stupidity on the part of the law enforcement community and the politicians governing them, people here really genuinely believe, right to their core, that it is their right to disobey certain laws such as jaywalking.

The perfect storm of traffic mayhem here results from the combination of increasingly indignant pedestrians, and law/insurance/safety systems that prevents most motorists (read: unless they're proven to have been completely zotzed from alcohol and drugs at the time) from feeling any substantial impact, fiscally or physically, from a collision with another motorist or pedestrian. Brilliant.

De Blasio thinks it is time for change. I agree.

But don't worry, there are still ignorant assholes who don't. Have you read about Suffolk County legislooter Barraga? This genius believes that people really shouldn't be venturing beyond the lip of their driveways without being surrounded by a few tons of metal on wheels, and can't be bothered to even think about improving on that problem...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/02/...uffolk-county/
Old 02-15-2014, 07:22 PM   #20194
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 30,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post

This.

Vision Zero is about pedestrian safety.

No one gives a fuck about people driving vehicles, especially motorcycles.
1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:00 AM   #20195
Looksgoodinblack
LooksbetteronOrange

Oddometer: 2,603
They don't care about cagers neither
Yesterday I was heading to see JD and while on Clearvie Expwy a woman in 4Runner attempted to kill me and my wife. She drove, from behind into the left side of our car. I was in the right lane getting ready to leave the hwy and all of the sudden we were hit by the SUV and pushed towards the overpass. I had to steer to the left to keep us from hitting the barrier. As she hit us she didn't steer back into her lane. She continued pushing onto barrier.

1 hour and 40 minutes later NYPD Shows up and issue no summons. It's my word against her and since NY is no fault law they didn't even bother to find out who was telling the true. They didn't give a fuck that she almost killed us.
She must have been texting or checking her make up or doing something stupid like that as she ram into our side from behind.
Where is justice?!!!

And of course I will have to fix all the damages to my car from my own insurance. I'm ready to leave this country
'04 DL 650, '03 450 EXC - Plated, '07 X-Challenge

"What has been seen cannot be unseen"
Looksgoodinblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:23 AM   #20196
Speedo66
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,891
Clothing designer, who also seemed to be a motorcycle affectionado, slipped into the icy waters of the Hudson last night while boarding his boat at Chelsea Piers and drowned.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/17/ny...r.html?hp&_r=0

In another sad note, as if the additional inch of snow last night and 5deg temp this morning wasn't enough, my local forecast is another 2-4" tomorrow.

Hang in there, spring is surely coming!!

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:24 AM   #20197
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,361
Dude that suuuuuuucks. I'm guessing you two are ok?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looksgoodinblack View Post
Yesterday I was heading to see JD and while on Clearvie Expwy a woman in 4Runner attempted to kill me and my wife. She drove, from behind into the left side of our car. I was in the right lane getting ready to leave the hwy and all of the sudden we were hit by the SUV and pushed towards the overpass. I had to steer to the left to keep us from hitting the barrier. As she hit us she didn't steer back into her lane. She continued pushing onto barrier.

1 hour and 40 minutes later NYPD Shows up and issue no summons. It's my word against her and since NY is no fault law they didn't even bother to find out who was telling the true. They didn't give a fuck that she almost killed us.
She must have been texting or checking her make up or doing something stupid like that as she ram into our side from behind.
Where is justice?!!!

And of course I will have to fix all the damages to my car from my own insurance. I'm ready to leave this country
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:39 AM   #20198
tony2001
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Jetski

My bike encased in ice...

Hopefully with the coming rise in temperature, all that will melt away...
tony2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:17 AM   #20199
SnickterP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcieslicki View Post
Hello folks. Anyone have a good or bad experience with Long Island Kawasaki-Yamaha dealer in Hicksville Long Island? They have a used V-strom for sale and would like to know if anyone has dealt with them in the past.

Thanks in advance.
I, too, have purchased my Kawasaki from them. Sales guys are not bad to deal with. Their service and parts department is a pure pleasure though. Never had any issues with warranty work, and had them do my valve adjustment long after it was due (at 17k mi). Great guys all around, reasonable prices.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:10 PM   #20200
LusterBroil OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
But don't worry, there are still ignorant assholes who don't. Have you read about Suffolk County legislooter Barraga? This genius believes that people really shouldn't be venturing beyond the lip of their driveways without being surrounded by a few tons of metal on wheels, and can't be bothered to even think about improving on that problem...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/02/...uffolk-county/
Wow. 90% of his constituents who started riding bicycles were hit by cars. Is this guy bad luck or what?
Old 02-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #20201
lulo
Cochino Aventurero

Oddometer: 1,095
Moron is getting big coverage

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...cle/24516.html
Old 02-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #20202
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,581
Notify NYC text: alternate side parking suspended thru Sat 2/22

oh yeah something about a travel advisory for tomorrow
Old 02-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #20203
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looksgoodinblack View Post

Where is justice?!!!

Nobody cares about anyone any more.

Boulevard of Death the other day, watching an elderly lady with really bad osteoporosis and obvious hip issues trying to get up the snow- and ice-covered curb onto one of the divider islands and literally sliding backward right in front of us. Wife and I are watching this and envisioning her falling back and dying of a head injury in front of us, and/or getting run over by Boulevard traffic. We look at each other, I give her the nod and the wife gets out of the car to help the lady, I immediately turn on the four-ways and put it in Park. About ten seconds later while she's helping the lady, our light turns green. Obviously I'm not going anywhere. Within a second or so some savage in the car behind me - not particularly giving a shit that now TWO women are in front of my car - starts laying on the horn hard 'n long.

Meanwhile the next lane is wide open. Too fucking much work to turn the steering wheel a little and go around??

One of these days...
Old 02-17-2014, 05:47 PM   #20204
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulo View Post
Is it possible to impeach the fucker somehow?

His response was obvious nonfeasance.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:21 PM   #20205
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 11,110
Quote:
Is it possible to impeach the fucker somehow?

His response was obvious nonfeasance.
His response is some paleo shit. He says that "there are 135 signs... And drivers don't follow them... So we shouldn't bother with signs." Huh?

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote