ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2008, 12:05 PM   #3316
JohnyCakes
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
I ALWAYS plead not guilty to any moving violation, whether I am guilty or not. And depending on the severity of the offense I may get an attorney, so they can play no show with the officer till he/she doesnt show up.

STEAMFITTERS LOCAL 638 NYC & LI
JohnyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #3317
cyberdos
True Story Meng

Oddometer: 24,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr870
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257578

Check out the new reflective ADV DUDE sticker....I'ma git me one....

I just say this today.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #3318
JohnyCakes
Gnarly Adventurer

Bwahahahahahahhahahahha

Old 06-22-2008, 07:36 PM   #3319
bostonsr
Just weight

Oddometer: 8,402
Help!

fixed. all is well..thanks.

i can't believe how many scumbags there are in NYC...the tow truck driver fakes hooking up the jumper cables properly then throws his hands up and says he needs to tow my sister's car for a new starter tomorrow morning.

then a cabbie comes by and says to tow the car to QUEENS to an all-night garage in order fix "something's broken, it's not the battery"...then after 5 minutes of charging the car starts.

two fuckin people tried to convince my sis, who left her lights on accidentally (thank you chrysler,) that she needed a tow and at least a new starter.

abe

"If you want me to forgive and forget about it, stop reminding me about it."

bostonsr screwed with this post 06-22-2008 at 08:11 PM
bostonsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:12 AM   #3320
JohnyCakes
Gnarly Adventurer

Thats just not right....sucks

Old 06-23-2008, 07:52 AM   #3321
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,859
Pissed Beware of being towed

A couple of years ago, my uncle's Chrysler minivan was stolen (yeah, I know, who the fuck would want to do that), then recovered by the police. The police had the vehicle towed, and it sat in their shop for a few days before he was notified. He asked me to meet him at the shop where it was towed so I did....when I got there the scumbag running the shop was telling him how many things the van needed to be able to run, plus four tires since they were all flat. It was so outrageous, but it gets better. He told my uncle if he didnt want to repair it, he could just bring the title over, sign it, and they would take care of the rest.

I thought to myself, who the fuck steals a car, then gives it 4 flat tires? They couldnt have towed it (I didnt see any flatbeds) with 4 flat tires.....then I look around the shop.....nothing but used tires of all different sizes on racks around the walls. These motherfuckers, they let the air out of your tires, and sell you used ones from somebody else's vehicle they've scammed! I ask one of the mechanics for an air hose, he says they dont have one. Now I really pissed, I find an air hose myself, and ask for the air chuck to fill the tires....yeah, that's gonna happen. I manage to fill all 4 tires without the air chuck, and guess what? Of course they hold air.

They're just staying out of my way now because they know this wont be another of their victims...I go in the office & tell my uncle pay him for the tow & storage, THAT'S IT, we're going to take the van. The guy tells me the computer was stolen so it wont run. Of course he could get me a computer. I wanted to strangle these fucking guys, I go over to the van and the computer was intact, I point it out to him and he just plays dumb. They did manage to pull every damn relay in the fuse box so the car wouldnt start though. I told my uncle, I'll push you to my house with my car. He was a super softie, my uncle, and he had them tow it to my place. I stopped 4 blocks away so these scumbags wouldnt know anything they didnt need to. It wouldnt surprise me in the least if they are associated with the theft of vehicles to funnel all the trumped up business their way.

Later that week, I installed all the missing relays and what do you know, it started right up and ran like a, well, ran like a Chrysler . After having the ignition cylinder & locks changed, the van was back to it's previous state.

So that was my tow truck experience, I hope none of you have to go through it. My uncle was gullable enough to have paid the man every penny he asked for, then would have given him a tip. RIP Raymond.
Lil' Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:05 AM   #3322
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,118
Well, this is what I do to get back at those bastards (tow trucks):
every winter (when it snows hard) I drive up and down the Palisades looking for stranded motorists, I winch them out (for free) of the center median before the tow truck shows up..... hehehehe.... You gotta see the look on the tow truck drivers face when they show up and there is no car to tow....
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:24 AM   #3323
dlew
Daypass Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,142
that's a good story vfr870. thanks for posting.
dlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #3324
thejosh
Chump

Oddometer: 454
They caught me Stuntin'!

Last week I was coming thru the Brooklyn- Battery tunnel from Manhattan to Bklyn, and while riding thru it I stood up on my pegs for a bit to get some wind, see further ahead and blah blah blah. Inside the tunnel was bumper to bumper rush hour traffic, but all traveling at around 20 mph or so. when I come out on the Bklyn side there are 5 cops waiting for me. they immediately jump out into traffic in front of my bike and direct me to the shoulder area. I take off my helmet ask what's up (there was a bmw 1200rt behind me that didn't get pulled over) and one of the five cops just takes my documents and walks away. While I am standing there I ask another of them what is going on and he asks me what kind of tricks I was doing in the tunnel. I have no idea what he is talking about and he tells me that an officer at the manhattan side of the tunnel witnessed me "reckless driving and doing tricks and stuff". I asked what tricks he witnessed and they told me "standing up on the bike and stuff like that".
Sweet.
So then I spend 10 minutes explaining to them that the bike (DR650) is designed to be stood up on the pegs and that I am able to see over all the cars in front of me and blah blah. I had all my documents in order so there was no problem there but I was seriously afraid that they were going to take my bike for these crazy stunts that I was pulling. Standing on the pegs at 15-20mph. Look out youtube!
They let me go with a verbal warning that I should not be reckless in the tunnels and I should not be standing on my pegs.
Heads up guys, standing is illegal!
What a lame afternoon but at least I didn't lose my bike.
2002 DR725! "Quasi-Moto"
thejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:58 AM   #3325
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejosh
Heads up guys, standing is illegal!

It almost feels like riding a motorcycle in NYC is illegal. Bastids.

Glad you got away without incident you NYC Extreme Stunta, you
Lil' Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:10 PM   #3326
Ginzer
Gnarly Couch Rider

Oddometer: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejosh
Standing on the pegs at 15-20mph. Look out youtube!
I don't think I can ride with you anymore. I'm afeared for my safety.

I've posted this here before, David Hough and the MSF course both recommend standing on the pegs to deal with bumps and for better visibility if necessary.

At the very least, the MAN should learn what's safe and what's not if they're gonna go breakin' balls. The laws were created to protect people and make them safe. Those laws should be upheld by...

blah fucking blah... it's all been said before.

Anyone wanna start an adv Segway group? We can put Dunlop D606's on them and ride around town at 10 mph in groups of 20 or more. We won't get pulled over anymore and the best part is, ATGATT for a Segway rider is a short sleaved button down shirt, taped up nerd glasses, and a pocket protector.

Who's with me?
Ginzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #3327
gixxersteph
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 621
Segway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginzer

Anyone wanna start an adv Segway group? We can put Dunlop D606's on them and ride around town at 10 mph in groups of 20 or more. We won't get pulled over anymore and the best part is, ATGATT for a Segway rider is a short sleaved button down shirt, taped up nerd glasses, and a pocket protector.

Who's with me?
Funny - there's a guy in my town who zips around on one of those Segways with the balloon tires. He wears a bicycle hat, but he got into a verbal back and forth with a LEO that I only caught part of last week - I caught something about harassment. Probably because he rides on the sidewalk.

And if you tried that in NY then you'd be thrown in with the bicycle guys and they are persona non-grata.

Traffic congestion relief MY ASS.
gixxersteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #3328
JohnyCakes
Gnarly Adventurer

Its funny.....if a cop sees you standing on your pegs he immediately thinks you are either getting ready to do a stand up, or just coming down from one.

They should be able to see the difference between a fully geared up guy on an enduro and a t shirt/jeans/no gloves/nazi cap guy on a sportbike.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #3329
Spook 013
f.k.a. j0hn0tt0

Oddometer: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyCakes
They should be able to see the difference between a fully geared up guy on an enduro and a t shirt/jeans/no gloves/nazi cap guy on a sportbike.
Seriously.....WHAT THE FUCK is with those nazi caps/cereal bowls?! I've never seen one sold ANYWHERE, yet I see all these dumbasses clad with them.
Spook 013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:22 PM   #3330
cyrilgrey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hn0tt0
Seriously.....WHAT THE FUCK is with those nazi caps/cereal bowls?! I've never seen one sold ANYWHERE, yet I see all these dumbasses clad with them.
Ebay.
cyrilgrey is offline   Reply With Quote