ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #8431
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood

Can you wheelie an Enfield?
I wouldn't even know how to try???

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:17 PM   #8432
Spook 013
f.k.a. j0hn0tt0

Oddometer: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61

That's exactly what came to mind when I read wiseblood's post.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #8433
Jiro
Watch Out for Squirrel!

Oddometer: 639
wooo hell of a wind out there! hope ya'all got home safely.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #8434
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,145
I have never been in Soho Vespa, or Carbon, but I have dealt with Zach and it has been nothing but great.
My very last deal in the motorcycle industry was making a deal to have TiForce make custom made pipes for Vespa's and it all went well. He was very professional, and we just made it happen.
Though sometimes being on one side of the counter than another makes a huge deal.
BTW I never will, but i would love to build a veggie oil diesel one day, and it seems like an Enfield is one of the better chassis to use.
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #8435
ChrisZ
Exploring, Not Lost

Oddometer: 175
I got my moto inspection done at Soho Vespa last weekend, very quick and efficient, fine experience.

When I commented on liking the orange Vespa, they even offered to store my GS over the weekend if I wanted to buy the Vespa and take it home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe
I have never been in Soho Vespa, or Carbon, but I have dealt with Zach and it has been nothing but great.
My very last deal in the motorcycle industry was making a deal to have TiForce make custom made pipes for Vespa's and it all went well. He was very professional, and we just made it happen.
Though sometimes being on one side of the counter than another makes a huge deal.
BTW I never will, but i would love to build a veggie oil diesel one day, and it seems like an Enfield is one of the better chassis to use.

NYC, NY (Until 3rd May, anyway)
www.ChristopherZguris.com / New York to Ohio, Via Canada and Montana 2010: 4 Weeks On The Road
ChrisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:31 PM   #8436
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61

Interesting that several motorcycle brands were also arms manufacturers.

Off the top of my head I can think of Royal Enfield, BSA (Birmingham Small Arms), CZ, and Husqvarna. An early one in this country was Iver Johnson.

I'm sure there are more. I guess if you can machine parts for one thing, you can do it for anything.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:36 AM   #8437
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 12,403
Bluhduh Chance of unexpected river crossings

I pull away from the curb about 6:40 am. It's still raining, still dark out. I've already ascertained that my basement has a bit of flooding -- but that's pretty "normal" for my house. Anyhoo....

Pull out... hang a right... drive a block. Very little light on this streets after dark. Front wheel is splashing up some water (I'm going, maybe 15-20 mph). A little more water now.... then a SHITTON of water is splashing... going OVER my friggin' windscreen now! Over my head, down my back.

It must have been about 6-8 inches deep, at least. When I looked around (I didn't stop) I saw the water was OVER the sidewalk!

Anyone have dry pants and socks I can borrow? I've got the Aerostitch ADV-I-swear-I-didn't-piss-my-pants look going on right now.

Jesse

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:58 AM   #8438
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,904
Quote:
Anyone have dry pants and socks I can borrow? I've got the Aerostitch ADV-I-swear-I-didn't-piss-my-pants look going on right now.

Jesse

Yeah but they'd be a little tight on ya. Careful out there today, it's nasty.
Lil' Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #8439
Speedo66
Transient

I was thinking about buying a new pair of gloves, had some interest in Olympia 410s.

Turns out Olympia is headquartered in Elmsford NY, not too far from me.

I turned up unannounced, asking to try them on before I ordered them. They couldn't have been nicer, let me try different sizes on, and purchase them right there. They got full MSRP, but I figured not too bad without shipping added, and without the possibility of having to send them back. Needless to say, you don't have to buy it there if you can find a pricey item discounted on line.

If you're thinking about an Olympia product, but can't find it locally to try it on, might be worth a trip there. Don't call, just show up. They take cash or credit card.

They're off 9A in central Westchester, 500 Executive Blvd, Elmsford NY, close to I-87/287.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #8440
bostonsr
Just weight

Oddometer: 8,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe
great! so he picks and chooses.

thanks for making my point.

abe

"If you want me to forgive and forget about it, stop reminding me about it."
bostonsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #8441
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,119
Quote:
I pull away from the curb about 6:40 am. It's still raining, still dark out. I've already ascertained that my basement has a bit of flooding -- but that's pretty "normal" for my house. Anyhoo....

Pull out... hang a right... drive a block. Very little light on this streets after dark. Front wheel is splashing up some water (I'm going, maybe 15-20 mph). A little more water now.... then a SHITTON of water is splashing... going OVER my friggin' windscreen now! Over my head, down my back.

It must have been about 6-8 inches deep, at least. When I looked around (I didn't stop) I saw the water was OVER the sidewalk!

Jesse
25 mile commute for me this morning and the only part of my body that got wet were my hands.

We lost power at 4am so I'm not sure what I was wearing
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #8442
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66
I was thinking about buying a new pair of gloves, had some interest in Olympia 410s.

Turns out Olympia is headquartered in Elmsford NY, not too far from me.

I turned up unannounced, asking to try them on before I ordered them. They couldn't have been nicer, let me try different sizes on, and purchase them right there. They got full MSRP, but I figured not too bad without shipping added, and without the possibility of having to send them back. Needless to say, you don't have to buy it there if you can find a pricey item discounted on line.

If you're thinking about an Olympia product, but can't find it locally to try it on, might be worth a trip there. Don't call, just show up. They take cash or credit card.

They're off 9A in central Westchester, 500 Executive Blvd, Elmsford NY, close to I-87/287.
Thanks for the tip!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:42 AM   #8443
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Jesse
Size 30" inseam work for you??? They'll look like shorts on you
Old 10-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #8444
Speedo66
Transient

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsr
great! so he picks and chooses.

thanks for making my point.

abe
Spoken like a true attorney in training! ;>)

One experience, and you're ascribing all sorts of things.

No personal knowledge, but maybe he just had a bad day.

Isn't this the shop hosting the party for the parking space celebration?

Old 10-01-2010, 09:30 AM   #8445
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,815
Quote:

Jesse

hell i think even mine would like capris and booties on ya

have you dried out or still in need?

today would have been a great day to hire an assistant. first task to take your clothes to the laundry mat and dry them for you