ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #12361
Juanjo_NY
Made in Argentina

Oddometer: 3,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2ny View Post
You're right, of course. The website is a little happy-clappy. That Kitchenaid mixer motor is made in China, I'm sure a ton of the Ford is made overseas (don't they license hybrid tech from Toyota...?).

But, I do my best, and don't blindly go shopping for the best deals and never look at the labels. I know even the Made in the USA label doesn't mean what most people think. Ultimately, I"m probably going to break down and just start manufacturing stuff here myself, like dave smith of factory five (in my opinion, the Factory five article is the best one on the site).
grasp of reality!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #12362
BERZERKOWITZ

Oddometer: 479
More annoying assholes on the train, great. How about this... fuck you, and your ukulele, violin, bucket drum, guitar, saxophone, bongos, bagpipes, accordion, bass, and ipod turned up to 10000. I fuckin' hate you all.
BERZERKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #12363
BushwickKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERZERKOWITZ View Post
More annoying assholes on the train, great. How about this... fuck you, and your ukulele, violin, bucket drum, guitar, saxophone, bongos, bagpipes, accordion, bass, and ipod turned up to 10000. I fuckin' hate you all.
Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel...
Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #12364
thomas.tc.young
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 844
Quote:
i don't know where you've been but we're in a recession. not that i care much for street performers but i would take them anyday over the guys who wash windows during stop lights.
thomas.tc.young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:12 AM   #12365
kcieslicki
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Maybe you should stick with riding your motorbike solo, year round.
kcieslicki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:46 AM   #12366
Laser145
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
I actually love the street performers. The creative class is what breathes culture into cities such as Paris, London, New Orleans, and New York. IMO they're one of the factors that makes us a world class city as opposed to other merely large cities such as Dallas, or Phoenix.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2012, 05:32 AM   #12367
manx_20
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser145 View Post
I actually love the street performers. The creative class is what breathes culture into cities such as Paris, London, New Orleans, and New York. IMO they're one of the factors that makes us a world class city as opposed to other merely large cities such as Dallas, or Phoenix.

+1 .. when i lived in rockaway beach and had to take the A train to midtown it was the performers that made that piss soaked ride bearable. from the acrobats to the musicians to the bible thumping sermons to the lady that for years used to ask for change and never once bothered to change her story of "my husband and I lost our jobs LAST WEEK" .. now living upstate all there is are the pretentious fucktards that infest new paltz and woodstock (though if you look hard enough theres some really good talent there too) ... hmmm in someways i miss the a train ...

on a side note has anyone here had any experience with dealing with Gerbings ... my right glove was um .. less then warm this morning
Old 01-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #12368
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by manx_20 View Post
on a side note has anyone here had any experience with dealing with Gerbings ... my right glove was um .. less then warm this morning
Yep, one of my gloves went south and I sent it in for repair and they sent me a brand new set of G3 gloves.

I called them at 866-371-4328, get an RMA # and wait a week or two. Great customer service!!
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:03 AM   #12369
manx_20
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn View Post
Yep, one of my gloves went south and I sent it in for repair and they sent me a brand new set of G3 gloves.

I called them at 866-371-4328, get an RMA # and wait a week or two. Great customer service!!
Do I need a receipt? Its long gone I've had the gloves a little over a year, but i'm pretty sure i can still muster up a credit card statement with that purchase on it.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #12370
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Do I need a receipt? Its long gone I've had the gloves a little over a year, but i'm pretty sure i can still muster up a credit card statement with that purchase on it.
Nope, just give them your info. I purchased mine 4 years ago and didn't need a receipt. Their stuff has lifetime warranty (electrics).
Old 01-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #12371
manx_20
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Nope, just give them your info. I purchased mine 4 years ago and didn't need a receipt. Their stuff has lifetime warranty (electrics).
Great!! .. thanks for the info
Old 01-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #12372
BERZERKOWITZ

Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.tc.young View Post
i don't know where you've been but we're in a recession. not that i care much for street performers but i would take them anyday over the guys who wash windows during stop lights.
Yeah and those of us that put in a hard day of work don't want to hear a Russian folk concerto on a poorly tuned violin at 170db's when trying to get home. PS I haven't had my window attempted to be "washed" since 1992.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcieslicki View Post
Maybe you should stick with riding your motorbike solo, year round.
That's the idea, but an issue at work had me on the train for the last couple of days. Don't worry though, there are plenty of other assholes who can't drive, and don't look where they're walking for me to enjoy.
BERZERKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #12373
Ravyn
nubblies need to die!

Oddometer: 642
Thumb

Quote:
Glad to hear it. I'll give them a shot as well. My Union Ridge pants stopped working.
Aprilia Tuono, Aprilia Futura, BMW S1000RR, BMW K1200R, BMW K1200S, BMW R1100S, BMW R1100RS, BMW R1100GS, Ducati Multistrada 1200s, Ducati MTS 1000, Ducati M900s, Honda CBR600RR, Honda RC51, Honda VFR, Husqvarna SM610, KTM 990 Super Duke, KTM 950 ADV, KTM 450 EXC, Moto Guzzi Griso 8V Tenni, Triumph 1050 Speed Triple, Triumph Speed Triple 955, Yamaha WR250X
Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #12374
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 11,580
Quote:

That happened to me a couple times. According to Gerbing, the problem is almost always the connector. Specifically, the point in the wire right before the plug. If your wire seems very "limp" right at that point, it may be because the wire broke inside the insulation. Just replace it with a new connector, and you'll be good as gold.

Gerbing asked if I wanted to send in my gloves or do it myself. It took me 10 minutes to fix, as opposed to weeks waiting for the glove to be returned. FYI, this repair will NOT void your warranty, accordint to the Gerbing rep i talked to.

FYI: if you intend to fix it yourself, note that one side of the insulation is "ribbed". This differentiates positive from ground. Just match the wires on the new connector.

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #12375
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Hey Jesse,

Did Eddie give you my gloves? Let me know and I'll stop by on my way home today.

Thanks.