ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #14416
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Oddometer: 9,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwickKLR View Post
New Nef? What happened to the old hooligan Nef?
Shoulda' been "now", not "new". Gotta watch my bleary-eyed posts.

Quote:
Do I remember the ride? Of course but what I remember was that the cops were working to protect the safety of the public. The quads and stunters were going to go regardless of traffic, red lights and pedestrians. What the cop did was make sure no one got hurt. Seems like the right thing to do in my book...
It's interesting how two people living just five miles apart can see the exact same thing two completely different ways.

So there ya' go, instead of trapping them and picking 'em off at will, let 'em go, let 'em blow off their steam or whatever. That way they can feel entitled to break the laws that the rest of us have to comply with in excrutiating fucking detail. Great, thanks.

Speedo66 makes a great point about who has what to lose and who will pay. Our Assemblyman was inquiring a couple of years ago as to why Traffic Enforcement was literally flooding my neighborhood with agents. He was told the TEA deploys more agents to neighborhoods where folks will pay their summonses. I'm guessing other neighborhoods see the Sheriff instead if the TEA.

It's a different world in some places here, clearly. Last night on my way home from the city there were at least five cop cars in the 112th chasing kids from a park next to Booger King. Really aggressive too, with RMPs screeching around corners and going against traffic on the boulevard. I'm sitting there on the bike surrounded by flashing lights and sirens and shreiking tires and thinking if they didn't like the kids congregating, one car would have dispersed them and two would have been fine if they wanted to snag a couple of suckers to send a message to the crowd. But hey, the 112 is fairly un-exciting until some Bukharian bitch blows her bonnet and has her ex-husband assassinated. Something tells me the 83 probably has different priorities and saves the level three responses for something a little more serious than kids smoking reefer and leaving their empty beer bottles behind.

Then again whaddam I bitching about, I don't need to worry about being randomly frisked. Er, as long as I don't let the clip of my folding knife show...
Old 06-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #14417
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 11,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanlol View Post
Someone told me it is invite only and ridiculously cheap.There's a name for it but I can't remember.

As I understand it, you only have to pay the towing fees. Make the check out to "NYC Department of Finance, c/o NYPD."

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #14418
BushwickKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectaltronics View Post
Shoulda' been "now", not "new". Gotta watch my bleary-eyed posts.

It's interesting how two people living just five miles apart can see the exact same thing two completely different ways.

So there ya' go, instead of trapping them and picking 'em off at will, let 'em go, let 'em blow off their steam or whatever. That way they can feel entitled to break the laws that the rest of us have to comply with in excrutiating fucking detail. Great, thanks.

Speedo66 makes a great point about who has what to lose and who will pay. Our Assemblyman was inquiring a couple of years ago as to why Traffic Enforcement was literally flooding my neighborhood with agents. He was told the TEA deploys more agents to neighborhoods where folks will pay their summonses. I'm guessing other neighborhoods see the Sheriff instead if the TEA.

It's a different world in some places here, clearly. Last night on my way home from the city there were at least five cop cars in the 112th chasing kids from a park next to Booger King. Really aggressive too, with RMPs screeching around corners and going against traffic on the boulevard. I'm sitting there on the bike surrounded by flashing lights and sirens and shreiking tires and thinking if they didn't like the kids congregating, one car would have dispersed them and two would have been fine if they wanted to snag a couple of suckers to send a message to the crowd. But hey, the 112 is fairly un-exciting until some Bukharian bitch blows her bonnet and has her ex-husband assassinated. Something tells me the 83 probably has different priorities and saves the level three responses for something a little more serious than kids smoking reefer and leaving their empty beer bottles behind.

Then again whaddam I bitching about, I don't need to worry about being randomly frisked. Er, as long as I don't let the clip of my folding knife show...
I don't want you to think that I condone that type of behavior, because really I don't. What I do know for a fact is that these idiots will run no matter what is in their way. I have seen Quads go through toll booths by the dozens while dirtbikes and sportbikes run through without paying as well. I have never seen the port authority give chase. Its overwhelming and dangerous for them to chase so many. What I don't understand is why nothing is done when they assemble...

BushwickKLR screwed with this post 06-25-2012 at 10:13 AM
BushwickKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #14419
optiker
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I don't think the NYPD would be so kind as to put covers on the bikes:

STREETVIEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
As I understand it, you only have to pay the towing fees. Make the check out to "NYC Department of Finance, c/o NYPD."
I was actually inside there a while ago to look at a bike that was for sale. I don't have the contact info to the seller though.

optiker screwed with this post 06-25-2012 at 10:24 AM
optiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #14420
hitmanlol
Cotor Myclist

Oddometer: 868
yea I wasn't joking. probably best to ride by a few times until you see someone going in or out.
hitmanlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #14421
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Oddometer: 9,371
Quote:
What I don't understand is why nothing is done when they assemble...
That's it right there.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #14422
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,299
Speedo66 and I will be hitting up some dirt this weekend in mass or near the vt-nh-ma border if anyone is interested. Camping pendin decent weather, anyone welcome to join.

"we as riders stick together as no matter what ur race maybe!!!!"
devo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #14423
DR. Rock
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,522
Hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
Speedo66 and I will be hitting up some dirt this weekend in mass or near the vt-nh-ma border if anyone is interested. Camping pendin decent weather, anyone welcome to join.
I find my dance card unexpectedly open this weekend. When you leaving? and by dirt do you mean trailer-queen two-stroke single track dirt, or dirt like dirt-road big-bike with camping gear friendly?
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #14424
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,787
Quote:
On the way back maybe you can link up with my buddy Rich. He knows damn near every dirt road in Mass, and he's leading a ride out of Winsted, CT Sunday. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=96
Lil' Steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #14425
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr870 View Post
On the way back maybe you can link up with my buddy Rich. He knows damn near every dirt road in Mass, and he's leading a ride out of Winsted, CT Sunday. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=96
Hmmm, just may have to check that out, been looking for great dirt but I just don't know where to find it. This may be the ticket. Thanks sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post
I find my dance card unexpectedly open this weekend. When you leaving? and by dirt do you mean trailer-queen two-stroke single track dirt, or dirt like dirt-road big-bike with camping gear friendly?
99% chance leaving early Saturday, earlier for me to meet up with Speedo as he is up in CT. I'm sure hoping hoping for some real dirt, like above I just don't know where. Need to reach out to Rich to see what kind of ride he is leading. I'll be on the dr350 and Speedo an XT225. If interested shoot me a pm so we can coordinate.

"we as riders stick together as no matter what ur race maybe!!!!"
devo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #14426
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,787
Quote:
I'm sure hoping hoping for some real dirt, like above I just don't know where. Need to reach out to Rich to see what kind of ride he is leading. I'll be on the dr350 and Speedo an XT225. If interested shoot me a pm so we can coordinate.
Speedo joined me on a ride up there last month, it was a fun casual ride, big bike with camping gear friendly type ride.
Lil' Steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:09 AM   #14427
cyrilgrey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
Name change to Anarchistowitz?

The city can be one of the most Kafkaesque places on the face of the earth. Stunt the streets in a completely illegal quad, no problem. Face shield up 1/2", ticket. Ignore the pure dirt bike doing wheelies, confiscate the otherwise legal bike because the owner doesn't happen to have his insurance card on him.

As previously implied, they prey on the lawful, who, let's face it, only comply because they have something to lose. And because they'll actually pay the fine.
Nah.

They would never do that.

http://gawker.com/5892115/nypd-offic...ing-corruption

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/play...play=414&act=2
cyrilgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:03 AM   #14428
Speedo66
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,896
Leaving for Queens soon for Eddies funeral.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:12 AM   #14429
La Donna Fugata
You're not the boss of me

Oddometer: 153
Steering mechanism problems

Anyone around on the upper east side that can help me trouble shoot the jammed steering mechanism on my 650GS? I parked my bike this morning and locked the wheel and now the key turns but the wheel wont release from the locked position.

pm me if youre around to take a look to see if there is something Im missing. Otherwise, Ill have to have it towed to BMW $$$$$$.

Thanks in advance

LDF
La Donna Fugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #14430
DR. Rock
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Donna Fugata View Post
Anyone around on the upper east side that can help me trouble shoot ...Thanks in advance
LDF
Maybe. What's in it for me?

Just kidding, I'm stuck at work. Last time this happened, someone had tried to jimmy the ignition, but then, if I recall, the key wouldn't turn.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote