ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #14611
nick2ny
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
Health care whatever, your actions affect me whether you like it or not so be a member of society and act like it.
So what exactly does acting like a member of society entail in this context? I know these discussions can get really frustrating, so if you guys want to cut this one short, I'm game. If not, please do let me know what you think people should be doing.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #14612
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,308
Yeah I'm done as these discussions do little besides raise tempers and that is not what this is about

As for boycotting I just want my money back for an iPhone case but store policy is store credit only and I don't want anything else in the store. I'm very spiteful and will stand out front on my lunch breaks until I get my money.

"we as riders stick together as no matter what ur race maybe!!!!"
devo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #14613
nick2ny
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Yeah I'm done as these discussions do little besides raise tempers and that is not what this is about

As for boycotting I just want my money back for an iPhone case but store policy is store credit only and I don't want anything else in the store. I'm very spiteful and will stand out front on my lunch breaks until I get my money.
Okay! Discussion over. Ask Juanjo, I wear tons of gear. I get sick of riding without a helmet after about two blocks. Still, I wish we weren't forced to because sometimes situations like this come up. Where's the store!?! I'll come loiter too!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #14614
devo2002
-Devo

Wireless to go, 49th btw 6-7th. Fuckin receipt I signed says
Store credit only so complete shame on me, but this is America and we have the internet( and I found the manager on Facebook).

Old 07-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #14615
BushwickKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,538
Quote:
but this is America and we have the internet( and I found the manager on Facebook).
Old 07-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #14616
nick2ny
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Wireless to go, 49th btw 6-7th. Fuckin receipt I signed says
Store credit only so complete shame on me, but this is America and we have the internet( and I found the manager on Facebook).
One option is to tell the manager how you feel, and that even though it says store credit only you're hoping for some understanding. Say that you'd be happy to dispute the charge with your credit card company, but thought it'd make more sense to deal with first.

Let him know that you won't make a habit of it, and that you've bought a lot of stuff from his store.

I think when you dispute a charge it costs the merchant ~$40!
Old 07-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #14617
Jiro
Watch Out for Squirrel!

Oddometer: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcieslicki View Post
Now how do you carry a suitcase on a bike?
easy...

@ Newark Airport's motorcycle parking lot... en route to Vegas

last night -

or..... you could ask her to carry it for you

Jiro screwed with this post 07-12-2012 at 03:37 PM
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #14618
Jiro
Watch Out for Squirrel!

Oddometer: 634
oh good god..... not this same ole' Obamacare farce again.

I've had more than enough of my fill dealing with these buffoons/birthers/"keep your government hands off my Medicaid"/etc.

just STFU and ride and if you're one of those Obamacare haters... well - when you crash, make sure you don't survive it so that we don't have to pay for your hypocrisy and idiocracy
Old 07-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #14619
Speedo66
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2ny View Post
Maybe wearing a helmet is why I just barely stayed alive. Pay for that, sucker!

It's so sad, the people on the Cub in this picture must surely have wound up on life support! I know which picture I'd rather be in. Have fun on your Vespas!

Yeah, yeah, you'd like to be on the bike with no helmet. But like everybody else, you'd also like to get close to the plaid, pleated skirt.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #14620
Speedo66
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,911
Quote:
Am i allowed to stand on the sidewalk in front of a store and inform potential customers of the store policy to dissuade them making purchases? Nothing untrue mind you.
I got pissed one time at a small toy store on Madison Ave on the upper east side in Manhattan. Bought my kid a toy, we stepped outside, and it was broken right out of the packaging. Stepped back inside to exchange it, and was told they didn't guarantee against breakage. I pointed out I was out of the store 30 seconds, and it was "pre-broken". Nope.

OK, fuck me, fuck you. Went to the stationery store across the street and bought a sheet of oaktag and a marker. "THIS STORE SELLS CHILDREN BROKEN TOYS"

Pushed that sign into enough people's faces trying to enter the store that then left that I'm sure I cost him hundreds of dollars business over the course of an hour. My child looking forlorn helped, I'm sure. At one point the owner stepped outside to complain and I threw the toy at him, and he ran back inside.

I saw it as time well spent.

Another time I walk into a bank and there's a huge line. My daughter was 2-3 at the time. After 10 minutes she tells me she has to go potty. I asked the person behind me to hold my spot, and go over to the bank officers. I tell them she needs to use their bathroom, she can go by herself, I don't need to go into their security area. They say no. I ask again, tell them I've been a customer at that branch for many years, and need this one time favor. No.

OK. I walk back to my place in line and tell her it's OK to pull her pants down, squat, and pee right there. Which she does. None of the bank officers have the nerve to come over and say something.

When my daughter later squealed to my wife, I thought I'd never hear the end of it.

Anyway, my advice is to go for it. The most that can happen is you're asked to leave. Better to give them an ulcer then get one yourself keeping your frustration bottled up.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #14621
Recht
Binge Thinker

Oddometer: 1,112
Speeding Ticket

A girlfriend of mine was stopped on the Northern State Parkway. A NY State Trooper walked to her car window, flipping open his ticket book. She said "I bet you are going to try to sell me a ticket to State Trooper's Ball." He replied "New York State Troopers don't have balls." Then there was a moment of awkward silence. He closed his book, tipped his hat, got back in his patrol car and left.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #14622
BERZERKOWITZ

Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
oh good god..... not this same ole' Obamacare farce again.

I've had more than enough of my fill dealing with these buffoons/birthers/"keep your government hands off my Medicaid"/etc.

just STFU and ride and if you're one of those Obamacare haters... well - when you crash, make sure you don't survive it so that we don't have to pay for your hypocrisy and idiocracy
How exactly did Obama get all those doctors, nurses and pharmaceutical companies to work for free? He is the messiah.
BERZERKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:08 AM   #14623
devo2002
-Devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post

OK, fuck me, fuck you. Went to the stationery store across the street and bought a sheet of oaktag and a marker. "THIS STORE SELLS CHILDREN BROKEN TOYS"

OK. I walk back to my place in line and tell her it's OK to pull her pants down, squat, and pee right there. Which she does. None of the bank officers have the nerve to come over and say something.
You fucking pisser, sounds like I'll be taking an hour lunch today....

Old 07-13-2012, 05:57 AM   #14624
rutard
Magnanimous Madcap

Oddometer: 326
Groupon is selling 24 hour passes to ICON parking locations in NYC for $16: HERE
rutard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:42 AM   #14625
nick2ny
Studly Adventurer

Look what I found on my window this morning... BLAM!