ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
beefjerky OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,248
Tellico

So I know what all of you GA boys did last weekend. The question is.... Who's riding THIS weekend? I'm headed out of here tomorrow afternoon to go somewhere, camp out, then ride all Saturday and maybe even Sunday. Anybody else doing the same?
beefjerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 07:41 PM   #2
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,909
Must be nice. I'm grounded. Been gone the past 3 weekends so nothing happening for me or atleast I think nothing is happening. Have fun and be careful out there.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:09 PM   #3
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,045
Damn, if the rear tire weren't about gone I'd join you. It has one ride left (120 miles) and then its a slick. How do Pirelli MT21s perform once they're down to 4/32 of tread?
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 06:53 AM   #4
beefjerky OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte
Damn, if the rear tire weren't about gone I'd join you. It has one ride left (120 miles) and then its a slick. How do Pirelli MT21s perform once they're down to 4/32 of tread?
You still have 500 miles until the cords show. Mine's toast too. I was thinking of picking up a new one, but I'm just too lazy.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:56 AM   #5
beefjerky OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysouth
Must be nice. I'm grounded. Been gone the past 3 weekends so nothing happening for me or atleast I think nothing is happening. Have fun and be careful out there.

I hear you bud. Fortunately, I wear the pants around here. I'm a man's man and I control my own weekend plans. Plus she's headed to Nashville for the weekend.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:29 AM   #6
Boojum
I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer: 5,934
Matt, So where are you going to be tomorrow? I know,....Stupid Question!
All over I'm sure. I may could drag Todd up there for a small ride. IF Monty does a re-con ride for the Trailer Trash deal in the Cohutta, today, then tomorrow ""may"" be a bit more open. Are you camping in the N.River Area of Tellico, tonight??? Just Wondering,.......No Promises, but I just might be able.......

Boojum!
Boojum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:41 AM   #7
beefjerky OP
Beastly Adventurer

I'm probably going to camp @ TWO because I'll be packing light on the DRZ. No room for a cooler, food, chair etc. I'm going to take the back way into into the Tellico ORV trails. Hit my secret power line trail that dumps you out onto the Cherohala, then maybe go run the dragon. I could meet you guys at the campsite you mentioned fairly easily. I'm going to PM you my phone number, but I doubt it'll work anywhere I plan on being.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:48 AM   #8
Boojum
I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefjerky
I'm probably going to camp @ TWO because I'll be packing light on the DRZ. No room for a cooler, food, chair etc. I'm going to take the back way into into the Tellico ORV trails. Hit my secret power line trail that dumps you out onto the Cherohala, then maybe go run the dragon. I could meet you guys at the campsite you mentioned fairly easily. I'm going to PM you my phone number, but I doubt it'll work anywhere I plan on being.
Yep, I'm sure It won't work either Just keep an eye out,......We may be out there somewhere! Have FUN! Ride Safe!!!

Booj.
Boojum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:50 PM   #9
demononthebrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
TWO website says they are closed until 3/31 FYI.
demononthebrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:59 PM   #10
KevinD
Haulin the mail

Oddometer: 413
You can still camp. There is a thing on the wall by the front door that has registration forms in it. Fill one out and camp away. They were busy as hell last weekend.

Wish I could go...sounds like a great time!
KevinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:14 PM   #11
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,289
Damn beef jerky, sure wish I could go but have to work. I would love to learn the powerline you are talking about. Maybe next time. Ride safe and don't do anything I wouldn't.
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 05:21 AM   #12
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,623
I'm out. Gonna be a nice day today for it. But, the moto show is calling me.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 06:04 PM   #13
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,045
Beefjerky said to me today (somewhere in the middle of our 55 mile dirt ride),"Tire tread is for pussies". Shortly thereafter, he proceeded to prove it by digging a ditch with his drz... which of course necessitated help to get it out. I should've been snapping pics instead of doing the right thing. Then it was bman's turn. Except he decided it would look manlier to dig his ditch going uphill. On a KLR. Picture that.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:22 PM   #14
bman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 483
It wasn't a pretty sight.
Thank's for showing me the fun way home.
bman is online now   Reply With Quote