User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2003, 07:53 PM   #1
JohnTM OP
I suck toes

Oddometer: 29,206
Where's the KLR?

Hey! Why can't I friggin find a goshdarned KLR anywhere? I called ALL the dealers in the area and there is only one at a ridiculous friggin price. Who knows where I can get one for fargin' reasonable? Sorra about the language - I didn't want to get bumped to Jo Mamma.

John Friggin' Menefee
Mo Forker
JohnTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 07:58 PM   #2
patch29
Surly Rider

Oddometer: 7,365
I have noticed the same thing in Georgia. KLR's are hard to find along with Honda XR 650L's. I wish I knew why. I guess they figure that nobody want to buy them?
patch29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 06:41 AM   #3
Charlie Brown
Sweeter than YooHoo

Oddometer: 10,405
there is a used one in atlanta area you can fin dit in the cycletrader...

charlie

Just take 1/4 of the regular population here and set them aside. The remaining 3/4ths have a vendetta against you. Kace Coyote
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 08:30 AM   #4
rgbman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Re: Where's the KLR?

Quote:
Said johntm:
Hey! Why can't I friggin find a goshdarned KLR anywhere? I called ALL the dealers in the area and there is only one at a ridiculous friggin price. Who knows where I can get one for fargin' reasonable? Sorra about the language - I didn't want to get bumped to Jo Mamma.

John Friggin' Menefee
Mo Forker
I had a hell of a time finding my 03 KLR last fall. I ended up calling around and managed to find one... just got lucky... keep trying.

I'm wondering if large amounts have been ordered for mil. conversion? A web serach for the military KLR indicates that an order of 500 was expected. Perhaps these first 500 were simply diverted civilian models, thus lowering the already low numbers shipped to US.

So what's a ridiculous price? Expect to pay near $5k out-the-door price on a new model. Seems the low numbers are impacting the price.

Here's the link (been posted here before I believe): http://www.peace65.freeserve.co.uk/Pictures/future.htm
rgbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 09:14 AM   #5
JohnTM OP
I suck toes

Oddometer: 29,206
Found one!

Found one this AM at a dealer just one hor south of me! Got it reserved w/ a credit card, and it is $4600 out the door. Damn, some days I just get lucky...
JohnTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 09:22 AM   #6
Claim Jumper
will work for knobbies

Oddometer: 520
save room on that credit card

another 1000 bucks or so and it will be ready for the dirt.
Claim Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 01:09 PM   #7
rgbman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Re: Found one!

Quote:
Said johntm:
Found one this AM at a dealer just one hor south of me! Got it reserved w/ a credit card, and it is $4600 out the door. Damn, some days I just get lucky...

congrats!
rgbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 05:25 PM   #8
Roadwarrior
Taking The Long Way

Oddometer: 995
Big single dual sports are becomming more and more popular (at least arround here) as the price of insurance for motorcycles continues to climb. A guy I work with was all depressed the other day. He sold his 92 GSX750 that had been off the road uninsured for a wile to buy a new Hayabusa. The insurance wanted $4500 for the Hayabusa, $4700 for a GSX1000rr, and somthing else that was stupid for a GSX600r. I told him to price out a new KLR650 for insurance, and they told him $1400. He ended up buying back his old bike from the understanding buyer.

I think you will see more and more of these bikes in the near future. Cheap to buy, lots of fun, and cheap to own and operate. Heak the KLR's seem to be selling stronger now after 17years of production. Imagine what they would sell like if they offered it in nicer looking colours.
Roadwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote