ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #61
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer
 
Sparrowhawk's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Eastern Washington, USA
Oddometer: 2,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by hupjoy View Post
here's a link to the thread about the Ruckus lights mod...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...kus+headlights
Here is another option that should work on the LC4E. I'd skip the amber and go for more light but everybody has thier preferences. Upgrade to HID and wire it so both are on with when on high and you'd be projecting some serious photons. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604409
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:18 AM   #62
hupjoy
n00b
 
hupjoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: L.A.ne splitting fury!
Oddometer: 67
Carb Gasket woes

Hey dudes,

So my bike is at ESP in La Crescenta, having the carb rebuilt, as it was stuck upon purchase. The seller agreed to pay for the fix!
The problem is KTM has the gasket rebuild set on back order 'till Feb 3!!!
Is this a common issue? Are older parts super hard to find or on back order often?
Ugghhh. Just feeling a bit impatient...
Also, anyone in Knoxville Tennessee wanna see the Blue Man Group touring production with yours truly? I'm here till Wed, then over to Newport News, VA, if anybody up around those parts isi interested, please let me know. I'm looking to do somebody a good turn! Bring the kids!
hupjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #63
clintnz
Trans-Global Chook Chaser
 
clintnz's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Rotoiti, New Zealand
Oddometer: 3,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by hupjoy View Post
Hey dudes,

So my bike is at ESP in La Crescenta, having the carb rebuilt, as it was stuck upon purchase. The seller agreed to pay for the fix!
The problem is KTM has the gasket rebuild set on back order 'till Feb 3!!!
Is this a common issue? Are older parts super hard to find or on back order often?
Ugghhh. Just feeling a bit impatient...
Also, anyone in Knoxville Tennessee wanna see the Blue Man Group touring production with yours truly? I'm here till Wed, then over to Newport News, VA, if anybody up around those parts isi interested, please let me know. I'm looking to do somebody a good turn! Bring the kids!
Look up motolab in the vendors forum, he stocks & sells most parts for the BST40 carb in the 640.

Cheers
Clint
__________________
'03 KTM 640 LC4 Enduro

The wilderness, the desert - why are they not crowded
.................................................. .....with pilgrims?
clintnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #64
Tempo
Stumptown Native
 
Tempo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon
Oddometer: 684
To the OP, I sent you a PM RE: my 640 which will be listed for sale very shortly.
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #65
NitroAcres
MotoBiggots Suck
 
NitroAcres's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: A ChickenHouse in NorthGeorgia
Oddometer: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempo View Post
To the OP, I sent you a PM RE: my 640 which will be listed for sale very shortly.
Did you notice the date of the OP??

03-25-2006, 07:16 PM
NitroAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #66
hupjoy
n00b
 
hupjoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: L.A.ne splitting fury!
Oddometer: 67
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintnz View Post
Look up motolab in the vendors forum, he stocks & sells most parts for the BST40 carb in the 640.

Cheers
Clint
Bless you, man! This forum just simply fucking rules.
hupjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #67
Tempo
Stumptown Native
 
Tempo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon
Oddometer: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroAcres View Post
Did you notice the date of the OP??

03-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:06 AM   #68
meat popsicle
Ignostic
 
meat popsicle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Circumlocution Office of Little Dorrit
Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by hupjoy View Post
Bless you, man! This forum just simply fucking rules.
we hit you up at the door on the way out...
__________________
Kronreif Trunkenpolz Mattighofen LC4 640

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #69
Michelangelo
2 wheel rider...anytime..
 
Michelangelo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Rocky Mountain West
Oddometer: 1,657
hope u all don't mind me reviving this thread!

I was looking for input or threads with owners who have used their Duke II's for adventure touring. Looking for ideas as I'm considering a brother deal that would have me have one. I'm selling my tricked out Translp as it's just too big and bulky to do the adventure stuff I like.

If you got any links to good Duke II threads or owners or ideas such as luggage racks or tanks for them I'm all ears. I know it's essentially an LC4 with diff suspension and such.
__________________
ALL MOTO ADVENTURE,LLC.
Utah Offroad-Adventure Motorcycle Tours.
https://www.facebook.com/UtahAdventureMotorcycleTours
Michelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #70
Michelangelo
2 wheel rider...anytime..
 
Michelangelo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Rocky Mountain West
Oddometer: 1,657
Hellooo....anyone?

How about heated undergrip elements? I want to install some foam grips and hoping the add-on under grip heated elements would still be hot enough to heat up through the foam grip.
__________________
ALL MOTO ADVENTURE,LLC.
Utah Offroad-Adventure Motorcycle Tours.
https://www.facebook.com/UtahAdventureMotorcycleTours
Michelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #71
HydroDog
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Mossyrock, Wa
Oddometer: 131
I have theses installed on my bike:
http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Ride..._grip_kit1.htm
They are packaged under other names also. Normally I installed some heavy shrink tubing on the left side to insulate the heater from the aluminum bar and installed throttle grips on both sides. This time I did not and the left seams to work pretty good, not quite as hot as the throttle side but workable.
__________________
08 Buell Ulysses
07 GasGas 300
02 MZ Skorpion Traveller
99 KTM 640e
HydroDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #72
Michelangelo
2 wheel rider...anytime..
 
Michelangelo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Rocky Mountain West
Oddometer: 1,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroDog View Post
I have theses installed on my bike:
http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Ride..._grip_kit1.htm
They are packaged under other names also. Normally I installed some heavy shrink tubing on the left side to insulate the heater from the aluminum bar and installed throttle grips on both sides. This time I did not and the left seams to work pretty good, not quite as hot as the throttle side but workable.

Yeah I bought some cheap Trackside brand ones from Cycle Gear. Just don't get hot enough for me, even after I trade my Pro Grip (thick rubber grips) for some less thick ones.

I'm curious though if the heat would transfer through foam grips?
http://www.grabongrips.com/?gclid=CL...FRWbnAod8CLK1A
__________________
ALL MOTO ADVENTURE,LLC.
Utah Offroad-Adventure Motorcycle Tours.
https://www.facebook.com/UtahAdventureMotorcycleTours

Michelangelo screwed with this post 01-23-2011 at 09:58 PM
Michelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #73
hupjoy
n00b
 
hupjoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: L.A.ne splitting fury!
Oddometer: 67
Wink First ride!!!

Rode up to Sylmar CA today and up the May Canyon Truck Trail. Absolutely incredible and flawless and justfuckingunreal. Here are some pics and a map of how to get to the trail head from the I-210...

Here's the map with my crude mouse-drawn guide line in red.
Photobucket

After hopping the curb to get around the gate, I sat for a moment at the trailhead and thought "geez, I hope this doesn't suck..."
Photobucket

Then I stopped here
Photobucket

and here
Photobucket

and here
Photobucket

Then at the top, after it turned into the Santa Clara Truck Trail, I found a fire station with a killer view.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Running outta daylight, I decided to chalk this one up to pure recon and newbie practice riding, and come back another day and turn onto the dirt road I passed at the Santa Clara fork.
The LC4E performed admirably. Just hummed. The guy I had bought it from let it sit for a while, so I shoulda checked all the bolts and such before the ride as I dropped a radiator guard and the rear half of the handlebar clamp on my left bark buster. Hilarious. I found the radiator guard on the trail, the bark buster clamp is somewhere on the 210, I imagine. But what a ride. Any of youse guys in SoCal gotta come with me. I'm gonna do it again this week or weekend. Maybe Friday? Being unemployed has its merits!

Thanks to my wife for the SoCal Motorcycle maps from Butler! Greatest xmas gift I have ever received.
hupjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #74
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .
 
slackmeyer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Oddometer: 3,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by hupjoy View Post
Rode up to Sylmar CA today and up the May Canyon Truck Trail. Absolutely incredible and flawless and justfuckingunreal. Here are some pics and a map of how to get to the trail head from the I-210...

Here's the map with my crude mouse-drawn guide line in red.
Photobucket

After hopping the curb to get around the gate, I sat for a moment at the trailhead and thought "geez, I hope this doesn't suck..."
Photobucket

Then I stopped here
Photobucket

and here
Photobucket

and here
Photobucket

Then at the top, after it turned into the Santa Clara Truck Trail, I found a fire station with a killer view.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Running outta daylight, I decided to chalk this one up to pure recon and newbie practice riding, and come back another day and turn onto the dirt road I passed at the Santa Clara fork.
The LC4E performed admirably. Just hummed. The guy I had bought it from let it sit for a while, so I shoulda checked all the bolts and such before the ride as I dropped a radiator guard and the rear half of the handlebar clamp on my left bark buster. Hilarious. I found the radiator guard on the trail, the bark buster clamp is somewhere on the 210, I imagine. But what a ride. Any of youse guys in SoCal gotta come with me. I'm gonna do it again this week or weekend. Maybe Friday? Being unemployed has its merits!

Thanks to my wife for the SoCal Motorcycle maps from Butler! Greatest xmas gift I have ever received.
If you have a LC4, you need to pony up for the industrial size bottle of blue loctite. Sounds like a great ride.
__________________
Zak

ktm
old bmw
others
slackmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #75
HydroDog
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Mossyrock, Wa
Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
Yeah I bought some cheap Trackside brand ones from Cycle Gear. Just don't get hot enough for me, even after I trade my Pro Grip (thick rubber grips) for some less thick ones.

I'm curious though if the heat would transfer through foam grips?
http://www.grabongrips.com/?gclid=CL...FRWbnAod8CLK1A
I would not think the heat would transfer through those grips very well even with the better grip heaters.
__________________
08 Buell Ulysses
07 GasGas 300
02 MZ Skorpion Traveller
99 KTM 640e
HydroDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014