Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2010, 09:27 AM   #751
supermoto51
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
First I want to thank those of you here for the continued Suport of US Highland as we recover from what most have said, would have ordinarily been an un recoverable event. But, those of you who, new, met, or had Business dealings with, MATS, Chase, or Damian, are fully aware we are not ordinary .

All of us here at US Highland are cut from the same cloth. Racers, enthusiests, relentless in the persute of success.

If our progress and recovery is to slow for you,,,, our most sinceer appologies.

Us Highland will be launching production in the 1st Qtr 2011.
Many of the concerns expressed here have been addressed.
Many of you are seeing the same needs we have seen and experienced.

Please Check out US Highland on face book. lots of videos there.
Also rider reviews.

Thank you again for all your support.
Kurt
supermoto51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:48 PM   #752
nlan
n00b

Oddometer: 8
You wanna sell bikes?
Turn that desert-x model into a motard and make them available to europe. Then you'll sell bikes!
nlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #753
Fishyhead
Eremikophobic

Oddometer: 3,143
I emailed them today to inquire about the 450 Enduro being 50 state street legal. This is what I got:

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Highland
Yes we plan on all enduro's being 50 state legal for street application. Thank you for your interest!! With Warmest Regards, Kurt King Dealer Services and Promotions US Highland Glenpool OK
If it's anywhere near the price of a 450EXC or Beta 450RS, I'd consider it!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #754
dlrides
1:1.618

Oddometer: 5,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamanya
Is your sig line the source of your tough typing?

Just something I've noticed; If you haven't noticed, you're being a prick.

You're calling names from accross the oceans due to people expressing their opinions, so I would say that the sig line is spot on !

Now, I'm fairly confident this thread could be put into a downward spiral, and then moved into Jo momma, where negativity will abound towards US Highland. Wanna try me ?

Old 09-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #755
wheatwhacker
It's raining here

Oddometer: 2,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermoto51
First I want to thank those of you here for the continued Suport of US Highland as we recover from what most have said, would have ordinarily been an un recoverable event. But, those of you who, new, met, or had Business dealings with, MATS, Chase, or Damian, are fully aware we are not ordinary .

All of us here at US Highland are cut from the same cloth. Racers, enthusiests, relentless in the persute of success.

If our progress and recovery is to slow for you,,,, our most sinceer appologies.

Us Highland will be launching production in the 1st Qtr 2011.
Many of the concerns expressed here have been addressed.
Many of you are seeing the same needs we have seen and experienced.

Please Check out US Highland on face book. lots of videos there.
Also rider reviews.

Thank you again for all your support.
Kurt
Hey Kurt.
Thanks for being here and updating us on your progress.
As I'm sure you know there is a lot of excitement here about the launch of the new Triumph Tiger and the Yamaha Tenere. These 2 bikes in my opinion are basically 2 heavy bikes with a little more suspension than a road bike and most will never see more dirt than a gravel road.
However, there are a few of us here that do ride dirt. Here in San Francisco, I am within 2 hours of Mendocino National Forest, 3 hours from the Sierras and a day from Baja and Death Valley. These places have some awesome trails ranging from dirt fire roads to gnarly single track. I started riding these trails on a KLR 650 but as the journeys got longer I purchased a KTM 950 to make the freeway stretches faster and make going to work easier the morning after. I tried trucking the bike to the trails but, the ability to do large loops fully loaded and camp where ever I wanted made riding there more fun.
At the moment, My 06 KTM 950 is heading to 40,000 miles, faster than I liked, hence the purchase of my Vstrom for commuting and general paved rides.
I'm not liking the new KTM's. The constant issues from the fuel injection has me turned off and the maintenance is a pain. 15 minutes to do an oil change on any of my bikes, the KTM is an ordeal. Other than some of the well known issues the bike has been a blast to ride and I feel that it is the only bike out there than can do long distance touring, be a blast off road and do them all well.
The recent competition in that sector from BMW has done nothing to sway me and the whole BMW lifestyle never appealed to me.
The Triumph Tiger and the Tenere will never knock the big Katoom off it it "king of dual sport perch" in my book.
Looking at your desert X gets me wondering. Can you guys be the ones to finally do it? You seem to have the perfect bike to build on. A decent tank, wind protection and baggage carrying capacity on there and your set. American built

If you have something coming in that department, please give us a hint, so I can plan my next purchase and keep my $$ at home.
The desert X looks great but, will sell in very limited numbers as there is plenty of power in some of the big singles for half the price for riding dirt. Make it a dual sport/touring bike and you may have a winner. This is the one segment of the motorcycle market where nothing exists except the KTM twins. and a few big singles
Looking forward to seeing what you guys develop and best of luck in your venture.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:32 PM   #756
tedesco886
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatwhacker
Hey Kurt.
Thanks for being here and updating us on your progress.
As I'm sure you know there is a lot of excitement here about the launch of the new Triumph Tiger and the Yamaha Tenere. These 2 bikes in my opinion are basically 2 heavy bikes with a little more suspension than a road bike and most will never see more dirt than a gravel road.
However, there are a few of us here that do ride dirt. Here in San Francisco, I am within 2 hours of Mendocino National Forest, 3 hours from the Sierras and a day from Baja and Death Valley. These places have some awesome trails ranging from dirt fire roads to gnarly single track. I started riding these trails on a KLR 650 but as the journeys got longer I purchased a KTM 950 to make the freeway stretches faster and make going to work easier the morning after. I tried trucking the bike to the trails but, the ability to do large loops fully loaded and camp where ever I wanted made riding there more fun.
At the moment, My 06 KTM 950 is heading to 40,000 miles, faster than I liked, hence the purchase of my Vstrom for commuting and general paved rides.
I'm not liking the new KTM's. The constant issues from the fuel injection has me turned off and the maintenance is a pain. 15 minutes to do an oil change on any of my bikes, the KTM is an ordeal. Other than some of the well known issues the bike has been a blast to ride and I feel that it is the only bike out there than can do long distance touring, be a blast off road and do them all well.
The recent competition in that sector from BMW has done nothing to sway me and the whole BMW lifestyle never appealed to me.
The Triumph Tiger and the Tenere will never knock the big Katoom off it it "king of dual sport perch" in my book.
Looking at your desert X gets me wondering. Can you guys be the ones to finally do it? You seem to have the perfect bike to build on. A decent tank, wind protection and baggage carrying capacity on there and your set. American built

If you have something coming in that department, please give us a hint, so I can plan my next purchase and keep my $$ at home.
The desert X looks great but, will sell in very limited numbers as there is plenty of power in some of the big singles for half the price for riding dirt. Make it a dual sport/touring bike and you may have a winner. This is the one segment of the motorcycle market where nothing exists except the KTM twins. and a few big singles
Looking forward to seeing what you guys develop and best of luck in your venture.

Sorry to quote such a long post, but....^^what he said:oP (an american version of the KTM adventure would be in my garage the second it comes out...) THANKS!!!!:o)
tedesco886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:47 AM   #757
John in Leeds
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrides

Now, I'm fairly confident this thread could be put into a downward spiral, and then moved into Jo momma, where negativity will abound towards US Highland. Wanna try me ?

A new organisation hopefully brings jobs, new technology and FUN to the US. They have just had a disaster losing 3 of their pivotal personalities in a plane crash. They seem to have picked themselves up and put their shoulders to the wheel and are putting things back on track.

So Why Oh Why would you want this Highland Motors thread ' be put into a downward spiral and then moved to Jo Momma'? Why do you want 'negativity to abound to US Highland', surely they have enough to do without that?

Highland for the Body and Guzzi for the Soul
John in Leeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:34 AM   #758
Keithy
Chaotically Keith

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Leeds
A new organisation hopefully brings jobs, new technology and FUN to the US. They have just had a disaster losing 3 of their pivotal personalities in a plane crash. They seem to have picked themselves up and put their shoulders to the wheel and are putting things back on track.

So Why Oh Why would you want this Highland Motors thread ' be put into a downward spiral and then moved to Jo Momma'? Why do you want 'negativity to abound to US Highland', surely they have enough to do without that?
Maybe they are behind the deadline they don't know about?

It's a glorious day in Leeds.....I hope you get a bike out matey!
Keithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:54 AM   #759
John in Leeds
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithy
Maybe they are behind the deadline they don't know about?

It's a glorious day in Leeds.....I hope you get a bike out matey!

Spot on.

Went over the Trough of Bowland at the weekend, fabulous ride back through Hawes and Masham. On the Guzzi though.

Your prompting has got my juices going I'm out on the Highland in 10 minutes (make the most of the sunshine)

Cheers Keithy

Old 09-30-2010, 12:40 PM   #760
Keithy
Chaotically Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Leeds
Spot on.

Went over the Trough of Bowland at the weekend, fabulous ride back through Hawes and Masham. On the Guzzi though.

Your prompting has got my juices going I'm out on the Highland in 10 minutes (make the most of the sunshine)

Cheers Keithy
I hope you stopped off at the ropemakers in Hawes! fascinating seeing how ropes were made in the old days!

PM sent to you John
Old 09-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #761
supermoto51
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlan
You wanna sell bikes?
Turn that desert-x model into a motard and make them available to europe. Then you'll sell bikes!

Hello nlan and all others
PLEASE visit US Highland on face book.
This is the link to a video there, 950 DX SM first ride around the block,
I want to imphasize 1st ride around the block Still perfecting the EFI mapping.
even at that You will not believe the TQ and RW BHP, so we will wait for independent verification,
any way it is the bike nlan ask for .

PS there is no exaust under the swing arm on these DX models.

Ps Thanks for all the support, we do have our nose to the grindstone and will continue.
We wecome valid conserns, coments, and criticisms, of past product. we egnore the rest.
No need to name call, the obvious is the obvious.
supermoto51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:38 PM   #762
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithy
I hope you stopped off at the ropemakers in Hawes! fascinating seeing how ropes were made in the old days!

PM sent to you John
Oi! If you guys are playing in the Trough I want a slice!
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:14 PM   #763
Keithy
Chaotically Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_rev
Oi! If you guys are playing in the Trough I want a slice!
Squeal like a piggy
Old 10-01-2010, 04:17 AM   #764
John in Leeds
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermoto51
Hello nlan and all others
PLEASE visit US Highland on face book.
This is the link to a video there, 950 DX SM first ride around the block,
Hi Kurt, visited US Highland on facebook site and this is what I get. Would really like to get to the 950DX SM video, could you post a direct link please?

Sorry if it is something simple but being a facebook virgin......

Old 10-01-2010, 05:04 AM   #765
GreaseSnake
2wheeled maniac

Oddometer: 120
A lot of ideas, thoughts, good info but...
a bit too much ranting for me lately.

I'll just stick with the reality and not the fiction, thank you.
I've seen the new bikes and I need no convinceing.

For those interested in the latest in my own updates of the first generation Highland you are free to contact me via PM. Progress is not speedy, as I do this on my own at my own spare time.

Now, I'm off out on the heavily damaged gravel roads, just for the heck of it.

2007 Aprilia RSV1000R Tuono (for the missus)
A 100% Sushi-free
Highland for the fun and Aprilia for the run
GreaseSnake is offline   Reply With Quote