Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2006, 10:32 PM   #31
GODSPEED
finger lickin' good

Oddometer: 2,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrider
I wonder if Bojangles offers the Viberider as an accessory in his seats?

www.viberider.com
It'll cost you a quarter.

I'd rather do it than watch it.

Those of you with spouse and SO's know this already, but man give them a big hug, and don't take anything foregranted. - MACK RIP

When 51% of the grasshoppers vote, the ants are screwed.

http://godspeed.smugmug.com/Motorcycles
GODSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:54 PM   #32
rjf
SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer: 4,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle
Quote from... ?
Ex girlfriend used to always moan it during sex

I honestly I cannot remember the Author, I think the correct translation is "That which does not kill me, only serves to makes me stronger". IIRC
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadslide, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming- WOW-WHAT A RIDE!
rjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:21 AM   #33
alexanderf OP
MOONRIDER

Oddometer: 20
thanks god you all had a good laugh

I was so happy to see how you all experienced piece of man, real man!!! had such great laugh on my thread's expense. being newwwwwbbbie here (or what ever you guys call it) is probably not allot better than in the green berets. remember, its only vibration we are talking here, I wander what will I get if its a more complicated engine thread. by the way; the bike has arrived, it vibrates, but... VIBRATION IS probably the best signal your ass can send your brain when he orders him to start smiling!
alexanderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:38 AM   #34
Curmudgeon
Enjoying the ride

Oddometer: 1,021
Can you feel the love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderf
I was so happy to see how you all experienced piece of man, real man!!! had such great laugh on my thread's expense. being newwwwwbbbie here (or what ever you guys call it) is probably not allot better than in the green berets. remember, its only vibration we are talking here, I wander what will I get if its a more complicated engine thread. by the way; the bike has arrived, it vibrates, but... VIBRATION IS probably the best signal your ass can send your brain when he orders him to start smiling!
Usually, the more THEY make fun, the more THEY care. Perverse for sure, but that's the way things work in Thumper land. I hated the vibes on 02 640 Adv, but the suspension, power curve, and fun to ride factors makes the vibes tolerable. The more I ride, the less I hate the numbness. If I get so blinded by the virtues of these great machines that I won't acknowledge the vibe issue, please just shoot me, because I will have become what I hate about Thumper land.

Patrick
Old 04-20-2006, 11:05 AM   #35
buffallodan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,707
Since everyone else was, uh, distracted and neglected thier duty; Welcome to the Asylum Noob . At least you got a laugh out of the bunch and hey you didn't ask about oil, tires, or...
Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:23 PM   #36
GODSPEED
finger lickin' good

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon
Usually, the more THEY make fun, the more THEY care. Perverse for sure, but that's the way things work in Thumper land. I hated the vibes on 02 640 Adv, but the suspension, power curve, and fun to ride factors makes the vibes tolerable. The more I ride, the less I hate the numbness. If I get so blinded by the virtues of these great machines that I won't acknowledge the vibe issue, please just shoot me, because I will have become what I hate about Thumper land.

Patrick
Glad to see you are liking it.

Those of you with spouse and SO's know this already, but man give them a big hug, and don't take anything foregranted. - MACK RIP

Old 06-12-2006, 07:11 AM   #37
adjuster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Vibes

Just went on a nice "adventure" this weekend on my LC4 based 620, and I don't know about you guys, but the engine vibes are less of a problem than washboard road's....

Nothing like pissing out blood from kidney's that have been tourtured for a few hours of fire road riding...

When I finally got back to pavement, it was so smooth I thought something was wrong for a moment...

That being said, my bike has 7500miles on it, and does have a slight buzz in the handle bars at the stop light. I did notice a slight reduction of vibes in the bars at idle when I added the Acerbis hand guards with turn signals built into them. (No metal bars, just the composite stuff.) I've heard the metal hand guards amplify the vibes, but I don't know first hand. (Perhaps I should ask the Duke owners friend that Creeper knows...?)

Note to self, I need to buy a kidney belt before the next trip down that particular road again. (Or just keep to paths less traveled since the guys in the 4X4's are the ones creating the washboards, and dusting me out regularly.)

So where do you guys ride in Israel? I think it would be a kick to ride your bike up the Roman ramp at Masada, or splash through the Jordan river a few times. (Or is that the Jordan "creek"?) I was there in 77, and remember being warned not to go any farther East at one point since the guys with artilery would shell me... Talk about vibes... that would ruin any ride for sure.
adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:11 AM   #38
alpiv
Sr. nOOb

Oddometer: 2,173
You want to talk about vibration -- Get yourself a XR650R and dual sport it.. Ride it 1,500 miles -- in 5 days -- The last day was 500 miles of pavement @ 70 mph....
Then tell talk to me..
alpiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:19 AM   #39
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,629
Vibrations won't kill you, but they can lead to neurological problems over time.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #40
herobikes
HE AINT HEAVY HES MY LC4

Oddometer: 207
hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban
It won't kill you, but it will make you get hairy palms and go blind !
Um , your confused with what your mother said will happen if you dont stop it.
herobikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #41
alexanderf OP
MOONRIDER

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjuster
So where do you guys ride in Israel? I think it would be a kick to ride your bike up the Roman ramp at Masada, or splash through the Jordan river a few times. (Or is that the Jordan "creek"?) I was there in 77, and remember being warned not to go any farther East at one point since the guys with artilery would shell me... Talk about vibes... that would ruin any ride for sure.
well if you don't get shot along the border or bombed in the city streets you can have a great ride all over the place, and yes, MASSADA and the desert serounding the dead sea is paradise for that kind of bike, so are the dunes near the cost. all of them 45 minutes away from home. but as it happened to be, two months and 2500 miles after posting this thread and being insulted all over the place just for being a newoobi I can say: WHAT VIBRATION??? the only time I feel vibrated is when I get off this amazing bike and watch the people around me stand still. no doubt the biggest problem of the bike is not the vibration, its what KTM call "comfort seat"
alexanderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #42
demononthebrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
I dont get this vibration thing? My 640 doesnt bother me at all regardless of it being an all day ride or a commute to work.
Yesterday I swapped bikes with a buddy and he rode the 640 for the first time. I rode his DR650. Now that thing is far smoother than my bike, almost like a sewing machine maybe to damn smooth. He had to get off my bike within about 15 miles and said his feet were shaken completely to sleep. Pins and needles kind of stuff???

demononthebrakes screwed with this post 06-14-2006 at 12:05 PM
demononthebrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:14 PM   #43
Dale950
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 954
Ive ridden both the 640 adv and the 640 sxc , why is it that the sxc vibrates less ?
Dale950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:45 PM   #44
GODSPEED
finger lickin' good

Quote:
Originally Posted by demononthebrakes
I dont get this vibration thing? My 640 doesnt bother me at all regardless of it being an all day ride or a commute to work.
Yesterday I swapped bikes with a buddy and he rode the 640 for the first time. I rode his DR650. Now that things is far smoother than my bike, almost like a sewing machine maybe to damn smooth. He had to get off my bike within about 15 miles and said his feet were shaken completely to sleep. Pins and needles kind of stuff???
Tell him to quit smokin'. You gotta push through the pain.

When I had my 02 640 ADV, when I would first start riding sometimes my vision would go blurry, until it warmed up.

I started getting tendonitis in my throttle hand and that is one of the main reasons I sold it. I regret not doing more to minimize vibration/ ergonomics before I got rid of her.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:39 PM   #45
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
Few tricks you can do to help with the vibration...

1) Use spray insulation in the bars...it's that kind in the can, you simply open the ends of your bars and fill them full of the foam insulation...Also run with a bar pad.
2) Tire selection...these vibrations generally are felt in your butt...so if you are suffering from monkey butt, check your tire choice...
3) Seat modification...take a piece of foam, buy a bicycle gel seat pad...cut the foam so it fits the bike seat, trim it so the gel pad will fit in the foam...place it over your stock seat then recover...instant soft seat without the big price tag.
4) Use rubber washers between the frame and the stock washers on the engine mounts...
Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
KTM265 is offline   Reply With Quote