User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2006, 04:20 AM   #1
African OP
Riding under African Sun

Oddometer: 8
1991 XR600R Wiring Diagrams

I have a 1991 XR600R with about 25000km on the clock. The bike is running great, but all the rest of the electrics are dead no lights, horn, etc. nothing works.

It is the South African (or Australian?) specification bike (street legal from the dealer) with High & Low Beam, Indicators, Rear & Brake Light, Horn and Dashboard Lights for high beam and neutral. I have a Haynes Manual, but it only shows the Wiring Diagrams of the American specification bikes (not street legal with only the front and rear lights).

Do any of you have a wiring diagram of this bike or know where to start looking for this problem? I also could not find any fuses anywhere on the electrical harness do you know if it has any? There are two wires running from the stator one will be for the CDI (spark) and the other for the rest of the electrics I assume? I want to start by looking for power on this electric wire.

Thanks!
African is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
painkilla
MeTaL HeD

Oddometer: 120
hey boet, u might wanna head over to thumpertalk.com

u might come right there

cheers
Old 05-04-2006, 10:26 PM   #3
G-Force Junkie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,328
Is it posable that Honda used XR250L or XL600 (Translap) parts to make your XR600 street legal? Being in USA, we didnt get that bike over here, but I would guess Honda just pulled existing parts out of its bins to add street gear to it. In general terms, the wire out of the stator should go right inot a voltage rectifier to change it to DC current, then through regulator to make it 13-14 volts or so. Check for a fuse, fusable link, or burned wires/connectors between these items.
G-Force Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote