Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #16
Velociraptor
TrackBum

Oddometer: 1,083
I just got another bike, but if you can't do that then as others have said I would try and jet the bike properly for your altitude. Also there is the 685 kit and maybe a 700cc+ kit. You would have to get the cylinder rebored. I installed the 685 kit on my 08 KLR and it did not add much power but the engine ran smoother and did not burn oil.

http://schnitzracingstore.com/catalo...prodid=4840552
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #17
McB
Joe 40 ouncer

Oddometer: 15,438
It's been 6 1/2 years since he posted. Hopefully he figured it out.
McB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #18
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 7,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeFoo View Post
I regularly do a 700mi round trip to my wifes family farm,the ride goes up high in the mountains,then back down,It might sound crazy,but my bike actually runs better at altitude,I notice it pulls a little harder,and feels crisper on throttle response,Is this even possible? Im not jokeing.I can feel it.Right now,Im running E-Mikes recommended jetting.slip on LEXX,opened up airbox,22 cents mod,uni air,95 oct.fuel.stock gearing,with Pirelli 606s rubber.
It sounds like your carbing is a bit lean for where you normally ride, then altitude richens it up to run correctly.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #19
Motoxplorer
n00b

Oddometer: 4
705 kit

I have a 06 that I put a 705 piton and ported and polished the head. I left the stock valves and modified the carb, kln needle and jetting. Nice overall improvement in torque. Less Vibration with a much lighter piston. I am able to run the bike with a 16 tooth front sprocket and hold higher speeds more comfortably. www.mtechmotorcycles.com is one place you could use. I have talked with these guys and they seem to be competent. I purchased mine through schnitz racing and used a local machine shop. I love the bike, and have been riding the 705 for 3 years.
Motoxplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #20
kjackbrown
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoxplorer View Post
I have a 06 that I put a 705 piton and ported and polished the head. I left the stock valves and modified the carb, kln needle and jetting. Nice overall improvement in torque. Less Vibration with a much lighter piston. I am able to run the bike with a 16 tooth front sprocket and hold higher speeds more comfortably. www.mtechmotorcycles.com is one place you could use. I have talked with these guys and they seem to be competent. I purchased mine through schnitz racing and used a local machine shop. I love the bike, and have been riding the 705 for 3 years.
My 2006 KLR650 was stolen last Tuesday night.

It had a 688 bore kit, stage II head and FCR-MX39 carb. It pulled WAY better than stock and the power band seemed to never end.
kjackbrown is offline   Reply With Quote