Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2006, 11:27 AM   #16
vrago
Plays with dirt

Oddometer: 898
Power now vane did not impact jetting & vice versa.

I do not recall exact jetting. I think I gave the jetting data to Errin with the HP maps from Factory. They were good, if a bit expensive. Factory did build a jet kit for the FCR39 on an LC4 (basically they stored the data in thier database and will build one when ordered) so you could go that route.

Errin, look at the graphs I gave you, all the jetting data is there.

I never did get the Boyessen pumper cover on that carb, but have done so on my 450 EXC and am super pleased.

I have not yet added the power now to the 450 exc, but will do so.

Never had a virago. It's my name.
vrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:52 AM   #17
ErrinV
D Boon!

Oddometer: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrago
Power now vane did not impact jetting & vice versa.

I do not recall exact jetting. I think I gave the jetting data to Errin with the HP maps from Factory. They were good, if a bit expensive. Factory did build a jet kit for the FCR39 on an LC4 (basically they stored the data in thier database and will build one when ordered) so you could go that route.

Errin, look at the graphs I gave you, all the jetting data is there.

Hi Vincent,

I'll pull those out when I get home and post the info.

Vincent--check your pms. I have a question about trials bikes.

Errin
Old 05-01-2006, 04:51 PM   #18
nosedive
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
I installed a FCR39 from a KTM 450MXC last Friday. Works like a champ, clutchless wheelies in first gear, no problem. Stock 450 MXC jetting but I richened up the needle a bit turned the idle up a tad. I rode 500 street and 75 dirt on Saturday and Sunday, gas mileage is the same as with the BST-40.

By the way, the dirt portion was the Cal Poly Penguins Hi Mountain 250 Dual Sport in San Luis Obispo. Excellent event for adventure bikes.

nosedive screwed with this post 05-01-2006 at 04:55 PM Reason: grammar
nosedive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:38 PM   #19
AndyB OP
Lonely Traveler

Oddometer: 173
Wow! THANKS for the Beta

Quote:
I fitted a FCR41 to my bike. I used re-routed stock cables on mine and I have a Sommer under-bar mounting for my Scotts damper. Also reverted to the stock carb to head and carb to air-box rubbers after getting and using the KTM items from a 660 smc which comes with the FCR as OE, I found that they were much thinner rubber and split quickly. I am using jets from James Dean,
Pilot jet = 50,
Pilot air screw = 1 turn out (same as 100 pilot air jet),
Blue needle with clip on 4,
Fuel screw 1 1/2 turns out,
Main jet 172

Bike is jetted for sea-level, with KTM air-box door and full Akrapovic with baffle fitted.
Today 10:12 AM
installed a FCR39 from a KTM 450MXC last Friday. Works like a champ, clutchless wheelies in first gear, no problem. Stock 450 MXC jetting but I richened up the needle a bit turned the idle up a tad. I rode 500 street and 75 dirt on Saturday and Sunday, gas mileage is the same as with the BST-40.

THANKS Guys !!! ( to EVREYONE who has offered set up help)REALLY Appreceiate! the beta on carb set up. Now I gotta get the dang thing ordered. Curious as to your referencto "James Dean" Jets and needle? you speak of KTim. are these something sudco will supply or do i need to get them from some other, James Dean, source? ...Wow! many thanks again guys, will report as soon as mod as been aclompished.....AndyB
AndyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:44 PM   #20
rjf
SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer: 4,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyB
. Curious as to your referencto "James Dean" Jets and needle? you speak of KTim. are these something sudco will supply or do i need to get them from some other, James Dean, source? ...Wow! many thanks again guys, will report as soon as mod as been aclompished.....AndyB
http://jdjetting.server304.com/

How much $US for the FCR ? from Sudco or elsewhere ?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadslide, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming- WOW-WHAT A RIDE!
rjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:43 PM   #21
ErrinV
D Boon!

Ok, here's the info that I have for my bike. This info was given to me by Vrago so hopefully if there is something that isn't clear he can chime in.

Apologize in advance for the fuzzy pics. No scanner, but it's all legible with the original size pics available here.

From what I can tell the Blue print is the stock setup with the "James Dean Kit".

The Red print is with the FCR carb with the "Prototype Kit".

And here's the difference represented in the graph.

Pretty big difference.

Stock @7K RPM is 29.6bhp and 22.3ft/lbs

FCR @7K RPM is 40.2bhp and 30.2ft/lbs

Now I need to find me someone with a stock 640 so I can feel the difference.

Hope this helps,

Errin
Old 05-01-2006, 11:40 PM   #22
Esteban
Banned

Oddometer: 5,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErrinV
Pretty big difference.

Stock @7K RPM is 29.6bhp and 22.3ft/lbs

FCR @7K RPM is 40.2bhp and 30.2ft/lbs

Now I need to find me someone with a stock 640 so I can feel the difference.

Hope this helps,

Errin

Everybody says different dynometers read differently. I would never argue with that statement, but do they read that differently ?

My 99 LC4 640e put out 43 RWHP stock. With airbox, carb and exhaust mods it now puts our 50 RWHP and 40 ft lbs of torque. Personally I would not think to highly of "40.2 bhp and 30.2 ft/lbs"
Esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:47 PM   #23
ErrinV
D Boon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban
My 99 LC4 640e put out 43 RWHP stock. With airbox, carb and exhaust mods it now puts our 50 RWHP and 40 ft lbs of torque. Personally I would not think to highly of "40.2 bhp and 30.2 ft/lbs"
Cool, so there's more to get out of it then. What airbox and exhaust mods have you done?

Errin
Old 05-02-2006, 01:40 AM   #24
overlandr
Temporal Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban
Everybody says different dynometers read differently. I would never argue with that statement, but do they read that differently ?

They both have been corrected for temp and pressure so that should allow greater comparisons between these and other dyno results. If that is the case, both these tests indicate power levels to be way down on what one might expect for a stock engine with a better breathing setup added. 49 bhp is that quoted for this engine in stock form from here.
What seems suprising is the huge difference between the two graphs. The JD setup must have been way off.
overlandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:08 AM   #25
overlandr
Temporal Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTiM
I fitted a FCR41 to my bike.......... I am using jets from James Dean,
Pilot jet = 50,
Pilot air screw = 1 turn out (same as 100 pilot air jet),
Blue needle with clip on 4,
Fuel screw 1 1/2 turns out,
Main jet 172

Bike is jetted for sea-level, with KTM air-box door and full Akrapovic with baffle fitted.
Really good hard data, KTiM. Did you get an exact match to engine model? I only managed to find this at their site for a 625 SXC.
overlandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:03 AM   #26
ErrinV
D Boon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlandr
I only managed to find this at their site for a 625 SXC.
So according to that link, my bike is down on hp and ft/lbs. I thought it was fine in that department, but now it seems like there is more to be had. Bike runs great though so the old "If it ain't broke, why fix it" applies I think.

Errin
Old 05-05-2006, 06:20 AM   #27
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlandr
Really good hard data, KTiM. Did you get an exact match to engine model? I only managed to find this at their site for a 625 SXC.
I think that's the one I had. JD offers a personal service, e-mail him with jetting questions about the kit and he will do his best to help. (It may well be that he will only take e-mail questions after you have bought his kit).
Old 04-08-2008, 11:35 AM   #28
Cavi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Okay I want an FCR, do I need the sudco or can I jut gt any FCR39 off Ebay? Will it fit with the stock boots? Intake and head?
Any special FCR39?
Cavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:40 AM   #29
fast4d
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,094
sudco only sells the plain "race" only FCR. no hot start, tps, etc. this is perfect for me.

if you need/want these feature then you want and FCR MX. you can find these off newer KTMs or there are lots of them on ebay.
fast4d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #30
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,147
check out creeper's FCR install thread in the index for answers to your questions and more.

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote