User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
MrSandman818 OP
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Oddometer: 810
Thumb Rigid Industries Lights

I just have to say that ive been impressed with this company from day one. I needed their lights for a big ride and they overnighted the lights to me and got them to my door in time for the ride. I even bought a used one from another inmate. These things are very bright and dont rape my stator. So win win.

Ive had the amber spot lights on the bike for 5 years now. Everything still works flawlessly. I ride year round. In virginia and back in washington state. so they've been soaked in rain and snow plenty of times. They get abused regularly on my ds rides. from crashes to being burried in mud. Well this last ride where I got rear ended on the ktm. I thought they were done for. mounts broken off and the lights were scratched up. Went to turn them on and they work! I called rigid industries up the other day to ask about buying new mounts and they said that they would ship them to my door free of charge, I even got them two days after the call. Yes they are insanely expensive, but they continue to work year after year and crash after crash. I definitly got my moneys worth out of these lights.

1978 Batavus 48
MrSandman818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
CRW
I dont want a pickle

Oddometer: 754
HOPE YOU ARE OK!
Nice swing arm!!!!!!!
CRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer: 2,336
OUCH!

Hope you are ok.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
MrSandman818 OP
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRW View Post
HOPE YOU ARE OK!
Nice swing arm!!!!!!!

Thanks crw. I'm ok. Ankles still torn. But all and all I was lucky to walk away and be able to save the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juames View Post
OUCH!

Hope you are ok.
What's up juames! I really wanted to do the roaming rally this year but a 17 year old girl who wasn't payin attention had other plans. How'd the rally go this year? Last years was awesome. I had such a great time riding with everybody.
And I'm doing better now that the bike is semi rideable. Still have more work to do to make her ready for my ds rides and trips. How's things up north?
1978 Batavus 48
Old 09-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,417
Damn, I'd be hanging that swinger on the wall. Glad you are OK.

And I agree on the lights, love mine.

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer: 2,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman818 View Post
Thanks crw. I'm ok. Ankles still torn. But all and all I was lucky to walk away and be able to save the bike.

What's up juames! I really wanted to do the roaming rally this year but a 17 year old girl who wasn't payin attention had other plans. How'd the rally go this year? Last years was awesome. I had such a great time riding with everybody.
And I'm doing better now that the bike is semi rideable. Still have more work to do to make her ready for my ds rides and trips. How's things up north?
Hey Chris Glad to hear you're Ok and we missed you at the rally this year... It went really when, a bit more mud and water than we anticipated but was still a blast. Hope to see you next year. We're working on details now.

I liked your bike so much I bought its twin! Did a fly n ride to PA and am loving the 950! Need to do a few things to it over the winter though. What would you recommend for new bars? It still has the stock ones, and I don't like the sweep on them very much.

Is your bike repairable? Looks like it took a pretty good beating.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #7
nomad guy
A legal alien

Oddometer: 807
Holy crap !!! Glad you are fairly o.k

04 KTM ADV 950S GO!!!!!
09 KTM 690 ENDURO R
nomad guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #8
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,586
Quote:
I just have to say that ive been impressed with this company from day one.
We are the same, these guys rock and their lights are the best, we have on Maya and love em!

I have now wired in a switch to turn off the factory headlight so only the LEDs go, the factory headlight looks like a candle next to the RI lights and uses all the power

BTW your chain is loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad guy View Post
And from us too, hopefully no lasting badies.
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #9
Oremuz
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Glad to hear you, Get well soon Mr.Sandman818

How about the akrapovic exhaust muffler?
Oremuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #10
MrSandman818 OP
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad guy View Post
Thanks dude. me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
We are the same, these guys rock and their lights are the best, we have on Maya and love em!

I have now wired in a switch to turn off the factory headlight so only the LEDs go, the factory headlight looks like a candle next to the RI lights and uses all the power

BTW your chain is loose

And from us too, hopefully no lasting badies.
Agreed on the lighting. I have a 55w hid low beam to go with my white sr 6" and two 4" ambers. Lights up the road nicely!

And the ktms like to run a little loosey goosey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oremuz View Post
Glad to hear you, Get well soon Mr.Sandman818

How about the akrapovic exhaust muffler?
Thanks dude. There still functional. Still sound great. But the left one is slightly taco'd and the right one has a nice dent in the bottom. The gobi racks rear brace was shoved up into both akros. the left one got pushed up a little harder and is dented on the bottom and creased upward on the top. Im going to try and send em to a guy who takes dents out of two smokers fatty pipes for a living. Beats buying new akros.
1978 Batavus 48
Old 09-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #11
MrSandman818 OP
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by juames View Post
Hey Chris Glad to hear you're Ok and we missed you at the rally this year... It went really when, a bit more mud and water than we anticipated but was still a blast. Hope to see you next year. We're working on details now.

I liked your bike so much I bought its twin! Did a fly n ride to PA and am loving the 950! Need to do a few things to it over the winter though. What would you recommend for new bars? It still has the stock ones, and I don't like the sweep on them very much.

Is your bike repairable? Looks like it took a pretty good beating.
Sounds like this years ride was a blast! Im a definite maybe for 2014. Im moving to north carolina possibly in november. Then well see what kinda job i get down there.

Haha welcome to the dark side brother! they are a blast to ride. but youll curse her exhistance when you get in some really technical stuff. Honestly i still have the oem bars from 05. Even after that nasty wreck the bars are still straight! but to be honest i had rox 1 1/2" risers that took the wrath of the wreck. they are mangled big time. that being said i did love my rox risers. im 6' 3" and standing they were perfect for my lanky ass. but you do notice the height when you get tank slappers or are running down the road at 100+. the front end will follow the road slightly more while the bars are straight. its not a big deal. just something i noticed when i switched. But back to the plus'. They are infinitly adjustable! you can piviot the bottom and the top sections and clock the bars to the most comfortable angle for your wrists. spending the extra time playing with them will make a big difference on the longer rides.

And yes the ktm has been saved. Mastro happens to have every part i need when i screw something up on my bike. That man is a living ktm saint. I pray to him everytime before i go out on a ride. . He sent me a swing arm and a sub frame. after much work with a 6lb sledge hammer i got the old swing arm off. inspected everything and found that the steel frame was untouched! most of the damage was cosmetic. but i will slowly but surely be replaceing all the busted stuff. These bikes will go forever with some tlc and a ton of cash. if you have any questions or need anything then dont hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailah View Post
Damn, I'd be hanging that swinger on the wall. Glad you are OK.

And I agree on the lights, love mine.
The swing arm among many other parts are on my shrine to the speed gods. Love my lights too. i love blinding cagers
1978 Batavus 48
Old 09-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #12
MrSandman818 OP
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

side note. my klim gear is also still good along with my garne oiled boots. The only road rash i got from the wreck was one of the shoulder pads shifted a smidge on my right shoulder and i got a small rug burn the size of a quarter from the pad shifting on my skin, also no broken bones.

I did get knocked out and torn most every muscle in my body. but when you get thrown 15 feet in the air and rag doll a bit before going into a slide that aint too bad. still not walking right but im back at work fixing big rigs.
1978 Batavus 48
Old 09-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #13
SauceSquatch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
ummmm holy shit , so glad your moving around and on the mend. What's the full story, how did it happen?

and the rigid lights are on my christmas list :)
SauceSquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #14
Sporting Wood
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 883
Good gawd thats UGLY!

When you get down here to NC, look me up. Theres a bunch of us here doing stupid stuff on 950's.
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote