ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #15046
Brewcelero
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 32
Seat For Sale

I have a stock seat off my 2008 DR for sale cheap. PM me if you are interested.

Brewcelero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #15047
DRinda505
I'm right behind you.
 
DRinda505's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Land Of Enchantment
Oddometer: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilofSky
what a prices!!


i can't
Make your own. ~$30 US

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=4555
__________________
05 DR650....Yea I know.... but it was cheap, Couldn't afford the Trail 90 I wanted.
DRinda505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:56 PM   #15048
kenk
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewcelero
I have a stock seat off my 2008 DR for sale cheap. PM me if you are interested.

PM sent.
kenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #15049
aardschok
Fallout Rider
 
aardschok's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: State of Apathy
Oddometer: 548
just make one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilofSky
hey guys...

i'm in italy... do you know where i can find a cheap side racks for my dr... posted 2pages ago... 190$ are too much...
I think you will have to make something yourself if ya want lower cost than that.
I made a homemade top rack from scrap metal and a cutting board. Just added stainless steel drawer handles to attach a bag.
__________________
"When you have to shoot...Shoot! Don't talk."


MVT
aardschok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #15050
lamoson
something catchier
 
lamoson's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Wiscompton
Oddometer: 680
Fart noise

Sometimes just after i shutdown, i get a "fart" sound out of my muffler. is this just some sort of compression realease. or should i be worried that the bike has "bad gas"?
__________________
2005 KTM 250sx......love it!!!!!!

81' Cafe project http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519776

80' XL80 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...highlight=XL80
lamoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #15051
jenx
misadventurer
 
jenx's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Oddometer: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash
Had some extra energy yesterday so I opened up the clutch case on the DR and checked the screws...
Good job scoot!
__________________
Plans to get my own piece of paradise (comments and advice welcome):
http://mountain2c.wordpress.com/
jenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:06 AM   #15052
BurnieM
Nipple boy
 
BurnieM's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Oddometer: 4,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamoson
Sometimes just after i shutdown, i get a "fart" sound out of my muffler. is this just some sort of compression realease. or should i be worried that the bike has "bad gas"?
Are you sure its the bike ?
.
BurnieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:14 AM   #15053
DRjoe
Beastly Adventurer
 
DRjoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Sunshine coast qld
Oddometer: 4,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamoson
Sometimes just after i shutdown, i get a "fart" sound out of my muffler. is this just some sort of compression realease. or should i be worried that the bike has "bad gas"?
sounds like a build up of carbon in the cylinder causing an ignition source or i think incorrect timing can cause the same thing
DRjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:31 AM   #15054
DevilofSky
Adventurer
 
DevilofSky's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnieM
Are you sure its the bike ?
.
__________________
Just an italian guy
DevilofSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:46 AM   #15055
SourKraut
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: New England
Oddometer: 7,019
DR Experts,

I have begun having hot starting problems with my '03 DR650SE and am unsure where to look for the problem. It starts from cold perfectly but the only way I've gotten it to re-start hot is by pinnning the throttle wide open and it takes 10 secconds of cranking & slowly catching to start.

I checked the plugs and they were clean but not a dry tan color that I'm used to seeing. Not fouled at all though. I leaned it out some (have the extended kientech mixture screw) and that made no difference. I don't think it is either switch (clutch/sidestand) because it does start but only if I have a fully charged battery.

It is jetted/airbox opened up/K&N filter w/ kientech foam pre-filter and has run like a champ ever since doing that work, until now.

It is possible that the fuel is boiling/vapor lock? Not sure why that would suddenly show up though?

Any ideas what to look at next?
SourKraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #15056
bigdon
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Oddometer: 2,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourKraut
DR Experts,

I have begun having hot starting problems with my '03 DR650SE and am unsure where to look for the problem. It starts from cold perfectly but the only way I've gotten it to re-start hot is by pinnning the throttle wide open and it takes 10 secconds of cranking & slowly catching to start.

I checked the plugs and they were clean but not a dry tan color that I'm used to seeing. Not fouled at all though. I leaned it out some (have the extended kientech mixture screw) and that made no difference. I don't think it is either switch (clutch/sidestand) because it does start but only if I have a fully charged battery.

It is jetted/airbox opened up/K&N filter w/ kientech foam pre-filter and has run like a champ ever since doing that work, until now.

It is possible that the fuel is boiling/vapor lock? Not sure why that would suddenly show up though?

Any ideas what to look at next?
Some of the bikes seem to do this when hot and low on gas. Filling the tank will cure the problem if that is what is causing it.
__________________
ADV Relay Rider 08 (The Texas Connection)
Ride Pooie Ride

Don't stop riding until you get to the crash , you might save it!
bigdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:44 AM   #15057
SourKraut
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: New England
Oddometer: 7,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdon
Some of the bikes seem to do this when hot and low on gas. Filling the tank will cure the problem if that is what is causing it.
A full tank didn't help, unfortunately.
SourKraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:59 AM   #15058
pookiebear
Studly Adventurer
 
pookiebear's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: CharVegas
Oddometer: 936
tight valve. Probably exhaust side.
pookiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:18 AM   #15059
SourKraut
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: New England
Oddometer: 7,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiebear
tight valve. Probably exhaust side.
Thanks - I will check them and see.
SourKraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:18 AM   #15060
StromBoni
Hot Dog Captain
 
StromBoni's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: GR, Michigan
Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewcelero
What seat pad is that? Is that the Alaskan Sheapskin, or something else?
StromBoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014