ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #60661
jjustj
cum petris et choris
 
jjustj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: 9157 ft Dillon CO
Oddometer: 5,383
my first farkle for my new to me 2001 DR

HAS ARRIVED..


cant wait to get it installed!!!!!!
__________________
Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. Mark Twain
RIDE STEALTH,



http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348508
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489958 Sunday worship, a strap-on, and Does this water taste funny?
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #60662
Aerocycle
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Aerocycle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Oregon (The valley)
Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrophyHunter View Post
Possibly just do an extension on each side of the cowl using a flat metal plate? Just push it forward an inch or two to gain some room. Mine is getting an overhaul this summer so I can more easily fit the HID, heated grip wiring and the Eastern Beaver 4 circuit set up. Adding a power outlet and independently switched spot lights & monitor for battery draw, too.

I like the Honda based product in the past few posts but like my current option of removing the shield.
I've been thinking of that, and what would work best in my mind is to just cut off part of the bracket and lengthen it utilizing two small steel plates and a welder... I have no welder... damn!

I might be forced to leave it the way it is, but someday i would like to add a power outlet also, in addition to the already installed HID and hot grips. Its amazing how much extra room a few more wires takes up! Overall I'm not "feelin-it" with my current set up around that whole area. Things just seem cramped.

ugh....

edit.... oh by the way, I ride the stock seat, I think it works good enough; Its not a priority farkle, but I would like to try the saddleman, or at least some pad on the stocker for added comfyness...
__________________
2006 DR650
Oregon Tag-O-Rama
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=752387&page=3
Aerocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #60663
sagedrifter
Southern Explorer
 
sagedrifter's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Jacksonville, Alabama
Oddometer: 1,412
Have you guys seen this review of the Procycle stator?

http://www.webbikeworld.com/suzuki-d...0-watt-stator/

Not very detailed but, it does shed some light on what it looks like close up.
sagedrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #60664
Olas
the darkness
 
Olas's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Englewood, CO
Oddometer: 3,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjustj View Post
HAS ARRIVED..


cant wait to get it installed!!!!!!
That looks very nice, J. Who makes it?? I'm looking for a similar solution, one that lights up the license plate as well...
__________________
Rebuild threads:
'92 XT600, '87 XR250R
Lighten up, Francis.
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #60665
jjustj
cum petris et choris
 
jjustj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: 9157 ft Dillon CO
Oddometer: 5,383
Thumb amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details let me know if it opens for you!

this one also has clear under spot for plate illumination kapsco

Custom Motorcycle LED Rear Tail Light with Integrated Brake Light and License Plate Bracket Universal Custom Fit Taillight Fendor Eliminator - Will Fit to Any Bike, Sport Bike, Harley, or Chopper Harley Davidsons, Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki Cruisers and Sport Bikes
by KapscoMoto
__________________
Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. Mark Twain
RIDE STEALTH,



http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348508
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489958 Sunday worship, a strap-on, and Does this water taste funny?
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #60666
eRRmmm
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Mildura Vic, Aus
Oddometer: 573
Quick action throttle tube

I couldn't get my R1 throttle tube to work like I wanted it to, so I decided to modify the stock DR tube.

Pics and description here

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=768574
eRRmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:35 AM   #60667
sandwash
Beastly Adventurer
 
sandwash's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Flagstaff Az
Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjustj View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details let me know if it opens for you!

this one also has clear under spot for plate illumination kapsco

Custom Motorcycle LED Rear Tail Light with Integrated Brake Light and License Plate Bracket Universal Custom Fit Taillight Fendor Eliminator - Will Fit to Any Bike, Sport Bike, Harley, or Chopper Harley Davidsons, Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki Cruisers and Sport Bikes
by KapscoMoto
Too bad that thing doesn't have turn singals built into it.Nice little product.
__________________
97dr650
sandwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:59 AM   #60668
MacG
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MacG's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Ga.
Oddometer: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerocycle View Post
I've been thinking of that, and what would work best in my mind is to just cut off part of the bracket and lengthen it utilizing two small steel plates and a welder... I have no welder... damn!

I might be forced to leave it the way it is, but someday i would like to add a power outlet also, in addition to the already installed HID and hot grips. Its amazing how much extra room a few more wires takes up! Overall I'm not "feelin-it" with my current set up around that whole area. Things just seem cramped.
.
Maybe this will give some ideas. In order to get extra room around the instruments I made two brackets to move the fairing forward at the top bolts. This pic shows the first ones I made that were adjustable for length. It ended up that the adjustment wasn't necessary and I made simple brackets with two holes about 1" apart.



Later I made an aluminum dash to hold switches,LEDs,etc.



I mounted the 12v outlet on the side,out of the way. You can see the two bolts in the bracket,indicating how the fairing is tilted forward.



I've had this set up for over a year and it has done very well.
__________________
09 KLR
97 DR650
MacG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:08 AM   #60669
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock
 
ThomasVolomitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Oddometer: 4,330
That is a great setup. It's a PITA seeing the turn signals and getting the key in and out, especially with 2 in bar risers.
__________________
https://m.facebook.com/dualsportdelinquents

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:25 AM   #60670
Speedo66
Transient
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Cin City, OH
Oddometer: 6,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwash View Post
Too bad that thing doesn't have turn singals built into it.Nice little product.
This one does http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-Kawa...ba339f&vxp=mtr
__________________
Oh I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused-E.Costello
'01 Kawasaki W650, '05 Yamaha XT225



Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #60671
TrophyHunter
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 1,946
MacG - perfect. Thx for posting that.
__________________
www.dualsportmoto.com
2005 DR650 2003 DRZ-250
2013 HD Road King '73 Hodaka Wombat

"It's a small amount of gas, but it represents a long walk" My Dad...
TrophyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #60672
Motodeficient
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Maine
Oddometer: 448
So would you wire that to work with the stock tail light, or remove the stock tail light and cover the hole in the fender?
Motodeficient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #60673
Potosi Joe
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Caledonia Mo.
Oddometer: 307
Opened fine for me. Please post pics when you get it mounted. Nice looking unit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjustj View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details let me know if it opens for you!

this one also has clear under spot for plate illumination kapsco

Custom Motorcycle LED Rear Tail Light with Integrated Brake Light and License Plate Bracket Universal Custom Fit Taillight Fendor Eliminator - Will Fit to Any Bike, Sport Bike, Harley, or Chopper Harley Davidsons, Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki Cruisers and Sport Bikes
by KapscoMoto
Potosi Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #60674
Potosi Joe
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Caledonia Mo.
Oddometer: 307
Nice work. That dash looks sweet. Could we get a front pic. I would like to see the screen you are using. Thanks Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacG View Post
Maybe this will give some ideas. In order to get extra room around the instruments I made two brackets to move the fairing forward at the top bolts. This pic shows the first ones I made that were adjustable for length. It ended up that the adjustment wasn't necessary and I made simple brackets with two holes about 1" apart.



Later I made an aluminum dash to hold switches,LEDs,etc.



I mounted the 12v outlet on the side,out of the way. You can see the two bolts in the bracket,indicating how the fairing is tilted forward.



I've had this set up for over a year and it has done very well.
Potosi Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #60675
fizzerfz1
Studly Adventurer
 
fizzerfz1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Woosta county, MA
Oddometer: 756
Excellent!

This whole page has given me a lot of ideas. You guys are making me throw more money in the endless farkle pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacG View Post
Maybe this will give some ideas. In order to get extra room around the instruments I made two brackets to move the fairing forward at the top bolts. This pic shows the first ones I made that were adjustable for length. It ended up that the adjustment wasn't necessary and I made simple brackets with two holes about 1" apart.

Later I made an aluminum dash to hold switches,LEDs,etc.



I mounted the 12v outlet on the side,out of the way. You can see the two bolts in the bracket,indicating how the fairing is tilted forward.
I've had this set up for over a year and it has done very well.
__________________
DR650 - FZ1 - 200 EXC (plated - Not inspected yet)
fizzerfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014