Hey, have you seen the new DR thread?

Bwaaaaahahahaha.

Pot, this is kettle.....black "over".
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:52 AM   #66527
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,960
I don't check in for a bit and all hell's broken loose!!
Old 06-30-2012, 02:01 AM   #66528
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,581
They're already breaking the rules in the new thread
.....I'm telling....

There's pictures of bikes here that aren't DRs....who do I complain to, or do I just start another thread complaining about people complaining?

(insert gay smilies and emotocons here to make sure everyone understands I'm piss taking.)

edit: this is a DR by the way, it's the owners pic from the other thread.

It's usually much much easier to ride about 20 feet off the road and parallel to it.

Seriously. Not a piss take.

Some of the roads out west have fencelines parallel to them and tracks along the fences. They are usually much easier on the bike than following road train ruts.

One of the last trips I did out west, my cousin and I ended up riding either side of the one lane wide main tar road because the gravel shoulder was a much better surface than the road. It was like that for about 100km.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:55 AM   #66529
Eddieb
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
Just call Wolfman. Their customer support is as good as Pro Cycle

Seriously, they will know and they will know what spacer kit you need if it will work on that combination.
I'm in New Zealand, with timezones etc it's not always easy to just make a call.

www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz Free GPS tracks for New Zealand & more
www.FlyingtheChair.co.nz - NZ sidecar forums
Eddieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:18 AM   #66530
cabinfever
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaJa View Post
Freewind front wheel is 2.5x19 and rear is 3x17.
Damn, I was going from memory on that one. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #66531
TrophyHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcat8 View Post
I don't check in for a bit and all hell's broken loose!!
And you may have missed the pic of an old friend, peeking out from behind my son's DR....

"It's a small amount of gas, but it represents a long walk" My Dad...
TrophyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #66532
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrophyHunter View Post
And you may have missed the pic of an old friend, peeking out from behind my son's DR....
I'd recognize that mug anywhere!!
Always weird seeing a prior bike with someone new, like an ex girlfriend.
Glad to see shes still "dirty".
Old 06-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #66533
PHOTON PHIL
THe REAL poser

Oddometer: 248
Nice vid Snowy. Reminds me of the trails my 15 year old son and I rode in the Hatfield McCoy trails. Tons of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
Ahhhh, the DR thread, same old same old.

Hey, cheer up, here's me on my DR having a nice time just ridin along...

PHOTON PHIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #66534
planemanx15
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
Ahhhh, the DR thread, same old same old.

Hey, cheer up, here's me on my DR having a nice time just ridin along...

Nice video, really makes me wish we had something like that over here. Is it just the camera angle or is it mostly uphill?
planemanx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #66535
Thumper Dan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
headlight on/off switch with relay

Hi to all,

I'm wanting to wire a switch into my headlight and was doing to do a simple rocker switch into the earth of the headlight. However, with a bit of reading, apparently this can cause issues when switching on and off etc (positive likes to try and find another earth??).

Anyway, if the above isn't a good way, I was thinking of doing it this way: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506789

Okay, so I'm no electrical genius but like to challenge myself. I understand the diodes and all but need a bit more help with the "pole number" so I know exactly what wires I'm soldering to which terminals , as authors explanation doesn't refer to the numbers on the relay (I said I was know electrical wizzard ). And no, I don't really understand the wiring diagram.

Feedback and advise please.
Mods: Manrack, ebay 48 litre top box, grind header pipe; B&B bash plate; bigger/better tool compartment (pvc pipe) - Screens For Bikes Windscreen, TM40 Pumper Carb, Safari Tank, Seat Concepts, Oxford Heater Grips, Highway Pegs, Wolfman Expidition bags and racks, HDB handguards, Cogent Mojave rear shock, intiminators, GSX muffler/mod
Thumper Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #66536
planemanx15
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr DR650 (2011) View Post
Hi to all,

I'm wanting to wire a switch into my headlight and was doing to do a simple rocker switch into the earth of the headlight. However, with a bit of reading, apparently this can cause issues when switching on and off etc (positive likes to try and find another earth??).

Anyway, if the above isn't a good way, I was thinking of doing it this way: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506789

Okay, so I'm no electrical genius but like to challenge myself. I understand the diodes and all but need a bit more help with the "pole number" so I know exactly what wires I'm soldering to which terminals , as authors explanation doesn't refer to the numbers on the relay (I said I was know electrical wizzard ). And no, I don't really understand the wiring diagram.

Feedback and advise please.

I did this mod, and all I did was put a switch in between my low beam Power wire. this way if I wanted to turn the headlight on while I was riding with the low beam switch off I can turn the highbeam on using the switch on the handlebars. Turning installed switch on, and it goes back to normal stock form. I believe the switch i bought was a three prong so I did have to tap off of the ground and install that to the switch. That wasn't a big deal since the ground on the bike is always black and white. I installed this so I would be able to start my bank without turning my HID headlight on. The old HIDs set up I had would flash a lot once the starter motor started to go. This new set up I got from DDM tuning works really well even on While the starter motor is going.
planemanx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #66537
Nullarbor63
Test Pilot

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinfever View Post
From what I have read, the answer is "no"... at least not without mods. There is a bike in Europe called the Freewind that is a DR in street clothes that you can get the front 17" from, but that is all I read about.

I ended up buying a used DR front hub and got a 19" rim laced to it.

There is a set of DR rims and hubs in the flea market right now at a pretty good price that would be perfect to use the hubs and lace new rims to.
I had a look at the Freewind. It's a 19inch front, but the disc and speedo drive are on the opposite side to the DR, so I don't think they would interchange.
Nullarbor63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:39 PM   #66538
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,022
Possible Electrical Issue

Back in March, I replaced my regulator with a new one from ProCycle (the new aftermarket one they carry). At the time, this cured my charging issue. A month or so ago, problems returned. Testing suggested the stator. So I ordered one of their 250 watt high-output stators and installed it. Problem solved. But now, I've noticed that at any RPM under 4000 RPM, when watching the voltage on my Battery Bug, I'm only seeing 12.3-12.4 volts. Above that, it scoots up into the mid-upper 13-volt range just fine. But at low RPMs, not so much.

I'm wondering if my regular has gone bad again? The battery is nearing the end of its life, but it IS holding a charge just fine. When I go on a ride and home home and park it, it will read 12.9v and over the next few hours it slowly drops to 12.6-12.7. When I go to ride it again a few days later, worst-case it's down to 12.5, but usually still hanging around 12.6. If it's gonna be more than a few days, I put it on the trickle charger.

What do you think?

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #66539
Thumper Dan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by planemanx15 View Post
I did this mod, and all I did was put a switch in between my low beam Power wire. this way if I wanted to turn the headlight on while I was riding with the low beam switch off I can turn the highbeam on using the switch on the handlebars. Turning installed switch on, and it goes back to normal stock form. I believe the switch i bought was a three prong so I did have to tap off of the ground and install that to the switch. That wasn't a big deal since the ground on the bike is always black and white. I installed this so I would be able to start my bank without turning my HID headlight on. The old HIDs set up I had would flash a lot once the starter motor started to go. This new set up I got from DDM tuning works really well even on While the starter motor is going.
thanks for that............this seems much simpler and I did want a mod that I could turn off whilst bike is under way. Have or anyone else reading this done a similar mode for the rear tail and number plate light?? This helps if in a low battery volatage situation where every ounce of current is critical. This also helps to sneak up on or away from people...............police............oops, I just meant......ok never mind.

Edit: I was hoping to get away with just one switch for both headlight and taillight but not sure if possible??
Mods: Manrack, ebay 48 litre top box, grind header pipe; B&B bash plate; bigger/better tool compartment (pvc pipe) - Screens For Bikes Windscreen, TM40 Pumper Carb, Safari Tank, Seat Concepts, Oxford Heater Grips, Highway Pegs, Wolfman Expidition bags and racks, HDB handguards, Cogent Mojave rear shock, intiminators, GSX muffler/mod
Thumper Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #66540
KaaJa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullarbor63 View Post
I had a look at the Freewind. It's a 19inch front, but the disc and speedo drive are on the opposite side to the DR, so I don't think they would interchange.
It's the same hub, you just flip the wheel around. Disc is 300mm so you have to change that.